Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Hello Sarge,

Terrific pictures!!! Could I trouble you with a question? There is a picture of a balcony cabin (possibly your cabin) with a king size bed and looks like there is also a twin bed. Do you know what category cabin that is? We are traveling with our 19 year old son and that looks like a great option instead of a bunk or fold up sofa bed. Thanks !! Enjoy!! Regina

That is the sofa made into a single bed. It is quite comfortable, I slept on it during our cruise on the Magic in January. It remains made into a bed during the entire cruise. If you are in a cabin for 4 the bunk is directly above it.

Hi Sarge,

I really appreciate all the beautiful pics you have posted, but I will like to know your opinion of the problem with smells, back up toilets etc that other cruisers are reporting. You seem like a reliable person so it would really help to know your opinion. Thank you in advance for your help.

Tere

"I don't remember seeing FTTF available on any Carnival sailings in Europe."

Maybe because it isn't on Carnival.co.uk and doesn't seem to be available to non US customers, so any European sailing would have Europeans looking to book it. Try searching FTTF on carnival.com and you get an explanation of what it is, try the same search on carnival.co.uk and you get no results.

hi sarge....what wonderful pictures. if you have time to look and let me know the cost of making a phone call back to the US? I assume it is different fron there vs carribean

I don't know 100% if it is on all Carnival ships but I believe it is. Last month on the Legend TA, it was $1.99 a minute for calls to the USA or Canada. It was also $1.99 per minute last year on the Spirit TP.:D

We sail in July on the Sunshine and I've appreciated seeing all the pics and getting all of the info.

Just a question or two though, are the Fun Days At Sea the formal days? And, are the formal dinners generally where the "good stuff" is served, eg. lobster?

We have our Steakhouse reservation for a Fun Day At Sea, and I'm thinking we need to change it.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

We were on the May 5 maiden voyage. 12 days from Venice. There were 2 sea days and both were formal nights. Lobster served on first formal night. The food on the ship was exceptional.

We were on the May 5 maiden voyage. 12 days from Venice. There were 2 sea days and both were formal nights. Lobster served on first formal night. The food on the ship was exceptional.

Thanks Brick Girl, we've changed our Steakhouse reservation to the night before a Fun Day at Sea. :)

DSC_7791_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7793_Zyde.jpg

Are these restaurants just open to the walkway? It looks like they are not in an enclosed place. I wouldn't like sitting in that end seat with people walking by on that tile walkway.

At least , that is how I am interpreting these pictures because of the difference in floor covering.

Maggie

Hi Sarge,

I really appreciate all the beautiful pics you have posted, but I will like to know your opinion of the problem with smells, back up toilets etc that other cruisers are reporting. You seem like a reliable person so it would really help to know your opinion. Thank you in advance for your help.

Tere

Zip zero nada none. Finally this morning I actually talked with someone who had issues in their cabin - no hot water in the shower, but there was in the sink. Apparently some of the valves stick and are quickly fixed.

Are these restaurants just open to the walkway? It looks like they are not in an enclosed place. I wouldn't like sitting in that end seat with people walking by on that tile walkway.

At least , that is how I am interpreting these pictures because of the difference in floor covering.

Maggie

One big happy area, but they partition off the restaurants at night.

Thank you Brickgirl. Very helpful info! I too just changed our steakhouse resv.

Odd question, do you know how many days into the cruise before Carnival offered their discounted laundry service?

Also, do you know if the Sunshine continues to have a guest washer/dryer?

And Lastly, what did you do in the ports of Olbia/Sardinia or Palma DeMallorca?

Welcome Back Home

and thank you for your input!

Hi Sarge,

Tere

are these problems current or of the previous/first sailing?

Maggie

Makes sense I guess... they were trying to fit a lot of new venues onto a (by today's standards) smaller ship, so it probably wasn't possible or at least practical for them to build seperate rooms in the traditional sense.

Makes sense I guess... they were trying to fit a lot of new venues onto a (by today's standards) smaller ship, so it probably wasn't possible or at least practical for them to build seperate rooms in the traditional sense.

During the day when they are included venues it is open seating for all and are closed off at night. Multipurpose venues. It makes sense.

Thank you so much for doing this wonderful review for everyone to enjoy while you are on vacation. It's like we're cruising with you. We are on the Sunshine on December 8th.

We will be in cabin 8169. Does the Sunshine have Fat Jimmy's BBQ. And did you ever get the chance to try Seaside Dogs yet??

Serg I saw pictures from the tour with Sunflower. I was wondering if you were satisfied with Giovanni tour and how much you gave tips. In this tour is something that did not deserve to be seen?

Thank you,

Archived