Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Absolutely, Outstanding, Interesting, Entertaining Photo Review...Just as Always. So, you are in Cabin 10121? What did you first get to eat when you got on to embark? Does the Pizzeria del Capitano have different Pizza than the usual Pirates Pizza? If so, could you get a photo of the pizza menu? Also the Shake Spot's menu? :):):):)

I just found a link to the Shake Spot's menu on Carnival's website. OMG! They have SPIKED shakes and floats! How cool is that!

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/ShakeSpotMenupdf.ashx

Wow! Sarge...the Snshine looks brighter and brighter! Nice pictures!

I think I could almost intrigue DW into a Sunshine cruise. She prefers bigger ships and loves the Cloud 9 spa. In that regard, either here or on your blog, could you post a pic or two of the gym/spa locker rooms (empty of people of course) and if the gym has a rowing machine, can you post a picture of that, hard to tell with all the other stuff in the way.

I'd be saddling up to that TRF tap, bleeding it dry, LOL:D alternating with the Shake Spot. Is Habana serving breakfast? Took the place of the BI Cantina with its burritos, huevos rancheros and apreas? And I assume no Tandoori or Fish n Chips given the other mixes of food:(. Is that right?

DSC_7502_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7504_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7506_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7507_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7509_Zyde.jpg

I'm surprised to see vending machines on the ship. Is this something new...also do you use your S&S cards or cash for the vending machines. Just curious as I've not seen the machines on a ship before.:confused:

I'm surprised to see vending machines on the ship. Is this something new...also do you use your S&S cards or cash for the vending machines. Just curious as I've not seen the machines on a ship before.:confused:

If you look closely on the picture, you can see slots for your SS Card.

Haven't tried them, but just cash. No sodas stocked in our cabin so maybe they are moving in a different direction.

Wow! Sarge...the Snshine looks brighter and brighter! Nice pictures!

I think I could almost intrigue DW into a Sunshine cruise. She prefers bigger ships and loves the Cloud 9 spa. In that regard, either here or on your blog, could you post a pic or two of the gym/spa locker rooms (empty of people of course) and if the gym has a rowing machine, can you post a picture of that, hard to tell with all the other stuff in the way.

I'd be saddling up to that TRF tap, bleeding it dry, LOL:D alternating with the Shake Spot. Is Habana serving breakfast? Took the place of the BI Cantina with its burritos, huevos rancheros and apreas? And I assume no Tandoori or Fish n Chips given the other mixes of food:(. Is that right?

No Tandoor or Fish&Chips.

Maybe breakfast items in Habana. Dunno.

Someone told me today that they also had breakfast items including eggs and bacon on Deck 5 for limited hours - maybe at the Taste Bar area. Too much to discover on one cruise.

Does the Liquid Lounge serve both as a main theater for the shows and as a nightclub? I thought I read somewhere that they switch it over to a nightclub after the shows. However, some shows aren't until 10:30 p.m. (based on other Carnival cruises I've been on). Does this shorten the nightclub hours? Not really a nightclub person, but just curious.

No Tandoor or Fish&Chips.

Maybe breakfast items in Habana. Dunno.

Someone told me today that they also had breakfast items including eggs and bacon on Deck 5 for limited hours - maybe at the Taste Bar area. Too much to discover on one cruise.

Was wondering the same thing - on the Breeze they had a 'limited' breakfast available in Ocean Plaza (where the Taste Bar would be in the evenings) - also sometimes salads/wraps at lunchtime - wondering if it's the same setup on the Sunshine?

Also heard they did have some breakfast items/pastries at havana Bar - have to wait and see if we get confirmation of that :)

Tempestt, It looks like you have a 12 day from Venice (with 2 sea days?) ending in Barcelona. Your 1st sea day looks like the day after embarkation, and your 2nd sea day looks like the day after Izmir and before Messina about halfway through your cruise. I'm guessing you booked the Steakhouse for your 1st sea day the day after embarkation.

Sarge has a 9 day from Barcelona (with 1 sea day?) ending in Barcelona. Sarge's sea day looks like May 24th, and he disembarks on the 26th in Barcelona...his sea day near the end of his cruise.

:)

At most two elegant nights. I was expecting only one on ours, but we will have two and had one the first full day. It just depends.

It's all good! For the steakhouse, you want to be hungry and not too tired from a long port day.

I contacted the steakhouse about our reservation, and asked if the Fun Days at Sea, July 31st (Day 4) and August 3 (Day 7), were the Formal nights, and this is the relevant portion of the reply:

"Please be advised that as of now those are the Elegant evenings..." so we have changed our Steakhouse reservation to July 30th.

Thanks for the info from both of you. The pics have been great both here and on your website, Sarge! Now, go out and enjoy your cruise!

Sarge, thanks so much for the photos of the Aft balconies, not actually booked one yet, I'm on an inside deck 7 debating if there worth an extra 1k :confused:

Don't know if you or anyone from the first sailing can confirm if the beds in the original destiny cabins are still sideways on? I've seen photos of the new cabins & the beds are straight ahead like the Breeze.

Hello Sarge,

Terrific pictures!!! Could I trouble you with a question? There is a picture of a balcony cabin (possibly your cabin) with a king size bed and looks like there is also a twin bed. Do you know what category cabin that is? We are traveling with our 19 year old son and that looks like a great option instead of a bunk or fold up sofa bed. Thanks !! Enjoy!! Regina

Archived