Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Do you see any signs of the 'old' Destiny, or does it appear the whole ship has been revamped?

Thanks again for taking the time to post pics! :)

I've been playing the game trying to find signs of the old Destiny looking at these pictures lol. I spotted one picture with that ugly copper wall covering that was featured on Destiny, but it looks like they (thankfully) more or less did away with it. I recognize some of the nice tile floors from Destiny on the decks around the atrium. Those lions at the end of the stair rails... I don't remember them, but perhaps they're original too.

Although I'm still a skeptic without plans to sail on Sunshine, I feel quite comfortable complimenting Carnival on money well spent upgrading the decor and general layout of the ship. Very attractive ship that looks a lot like the Breeze. I look forward to reading this an other reviews to see how the ship actually works out.

On the website that I am looking at, there is an interconnecting door in 10123 but it connects to 10125. You may want to confirm that. If that is so, maybe they could ask the guests who are in 10125 to exchange rooms ( 10121 ) with you. I'm sure they wouldn't want the door between their room and 10123, especially if there are children in there.

The stateroom description does show 10121 connects to 10123.

10121 8S 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king cabin connects to: 10123

View: window and balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table balcony partition opens to: tba

Originally Posted by mississauga

On the website that I am looking at, there is an interconnecting door in 10123 but it connects to 10125. You may want to confirm that. If that is so, maybe they could ask the guests who are in 10125 to exchange rooms ( 10121 ) with you. I'm sure they wouldn't want the door between their room and 10123, especially if there are children in there.

10121 8S 185/35 sq ft

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat; sofa and coffee table

That's why Maiden Journey needs to confirm which information is correct. Different websites show different information. I had read somewhere that some of the cabins were re-numbered with the additionof new cabins. Don't know if it happened in this case. Since it is important to Maiden Journey, he/she needs to have the correct info before sailing.

Absolutely, Outstanding, Interesting, Entertaining Photo Review...Just as Always. So, you are in Cabin 10121? What did you first get to eat when you got on to embark? Does the Pizzeria del Capitano have different Pizza than the usual Pirates Pizza? If so, could you get a photo of the pizza menu? Also the Shake Spot's menu? :):):):)

We sail in July on the Sunshine and I've appreciated seeing all the pics and getting all of the info.

Just a question or two though, are the Fun Days At Sea the formal days? And, are the formal dinners generally where the "good stuff" is served, eg. lobster?

We have our Steakhouse reservation for a Fun Day At Sea, and I'm thinking we need to change it.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Tempestt, It looks like you have a 12 day from Venice (with 2 sea days?) ending in Barcelona. Your 1st sea day looks like the day after embarkation, and your 2nd sea day looks like the day after Izmir and before Messina about halfway through your cruise. I'm guessing you booked the Steakhouse for your 1st sea day the day after embarkation.

Sarge has a 9 day from Barcelona (with 1 sea day?) ending in Barcelona. Sarge's sea day looks like May 24th, and he disembarks on the 26th in Barcelona...his sea day near the end of his cruise.

:)

Absolutely, Outstanding, Interesting, Entertaining Photo Review...Just as Always. So, you are in Cabin 10121? What did you first get to eat when you got on to embark? Does the Pizzeria del Capitano have different Pizza than the usual Pirates Pizza? If so, could you get a photo of the pizza menu? Also the Shake Spot's menu? :):):):)

Thank you. No we are on Deck 8.

Pig Patty.

I need to investigate the pizzeria more - still haven't tried - just a few pictures on a walk by.

I'll confirm the Shake Spot menu.

We sail in July on the Sunshine and I've appreciated seeing all the pics and getting all of the info.

Just a question or two though, are the Fun Days At Sea the formal days? And, are the formal dinners generally where the "good stuff" is served, eg. lobster?

We have our Steakhouse reservation for a Fun Day At Sea, and I'm thinking we need to change it.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

At most two elegant nights. I was expecting only one on ours, but we will have two and had one the first full day. It just depends.

It's all good! For the steakhouse, you want to be hungry and not too tired from a long port day.

Is it just me or did the seating at the Piano Bar (around the actual piano) look smaller than most other ships? Maybe its because of the larger chairs than stools?

One of the reasons I think some are saying it is a mimi-me Breeze.

It looks like the Sunshine doesn't have a webcam that can be accessed on the internet yet...

No webcam, although I could hook one up - without an unlimited internet plan??? - i dunno.

Is this on one of the stair railings? It looks like they forgot to get rid of something...

Yes.

A/C is still fine, although I did notice part of the buffet are seemed quite warm yesterday - but not all the time, so they may be still tweaking. A lot of the passengers were still in port and that may be when they work on stuff like that.

By day Ji Ji is basically a Mongolian Wok

DSC_7598_Zyde.jpg

DSC_7599_Zyde.jpg

Habana

DSC_7600_Zyde.jpg

Heading out on Sunshine for the New Years cruise and we are wondering if Ji Ji restaurant is open for lunch and free?

Love your pics Sarge still having trouble seeing all. Question, do you or anyone else have before and after pics of the Destiny/Sunshine main theater pics. I seen some of yours from the Sunshine,looking for the Destiny pics to compare the changes.

If one knows how to pour beer, it won't be as foamy, but if one glass gets full, why not have a second standing by to fill up, as well? I haven't tried it, but think it is a method that would work.

I think the issues I have heard about have work around solutions.

I suggested that to one of my friends who complained about the foam. He shook his head and told me he thought of that too late.:(

Have they finally replaced the ceiling panels by the glass elevator lobby on Deck 4? (I think it was 4, possibly 5). Is the main pool open yet? They finally got the Waterpark open on the next to last day of our cruise.

Thanks for posting Sarge. We stayed over in Barcelona, just got home and have the usual stuff keeping us crazy busy today. Tomorrow we download the pics hopefully!

Originally Posted by mississauga

Originally Posted by cruisinJenF

10121 8S 185/35 sq ft

That's why Maiden Journey needs to confirm which information is correct. Different websites show different information. I had read somewhere that some of the cabins were re-numbered with the additionof new cabins. Don't know if it happened in this case. Since it is important to Maiden Journey, he/she needs to have the correct info before sailing.

That's correct. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Anyway thanks for your help & concern everyone...

hi Cruiseclues - We're on deck 10 - 10035 (I think) and also eager to hear if that deck had had the bugs worked out of the rooms! Will share what we experience on our sailing June 7.

hi TravelMore99...Will be looking forward to that. :):):)

Thank you. No we are on Deck 8.

Pig Patty.

I need to investigate the pizzeria more - still haven't tried - just a few pictures on a walk by.

I'll confirm the Shake Spot menu.

We have booked 8203 on Deck 8 for our trip on the 30th August sailing. $750 OBC included in the fare!

Thank you for your replies :) one more question do you recommend to buy drink package for a adult ? And how much are they ? Thank Emma

I think I saw a pic that the Cheers program is still $42.95 per person per day on the Sunshine. When you add the gratuitiy it comes out to $49.95 per day.

Everyone in the cabin over the age of 21 has to purchase the program. It can only be purchased on embarkation day and the next day.

It covers alcohol drinks up to $10 each and you are limited to 15 per day 6a - 6a. Soft drinks and some virgin frozen drinks are also included but don't count toward your 15 drink limit.

You can't share a package and it's not good for specialty coffees or in cabin purchases.

I think it's a good value for my sister and I.

All these pictures are amazing!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post them all. Think we will all agree that seeing these pictures have put all our minds at ease/got us waaaaay more excited!!

Archived