Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Once again great review....... Don't let any of the naysayers get you down. You are a wealth of info exp your website. It is a help to many. I have a question. Does the java blue have the traditional coffe shop desserts? They don't look the same. I didn't see in your pics my customary cheesecake or carrot cake. Lol

Once again great review....... Don't let any of the naysayers get you down. You are a wealth of info exp your website. It is a help to many. I have a question. Does the java blue have the traditional coffe shop desserts? They don't look the same. I didn't see in your pics my customary cheesecake or carrot cake. Lol

Thank you. Glad to see you are still here. Nah, the drinkers of Haterade will never prevail. Excellent question. I don't recall seeing some of the old, although they did still have chocolate covered strawberries. I'll have to ponder that and see if I can find any definitive pictures.

Originally posted by Sargent_Schultz

Probably. Ken is on vacation from the end of June until the end of August. We are really trying to get him on Legend at least for the British Isles cruise. It will really suck if Carnival doesn't let him sail into his hometown.

Unfortunately, the Maitre'd ( Andrea ) presently on the Legend started his present contract in April so it would not be up until the end of September at the earliest. Would it be fair to move him to another ship to accommodate another Maitre'd? There is only one dining room on the Legend. As it is, the present Assistant Maitre'd on the Legend had to take a downgrade on the Legend.

I'm sure Ken would not want to be responsible for displacing one of his peers unfairly.

Originally Posted by maryann2 viewpost.gif

Glad to see that there are tables for 12. :cool:

Do you know if Ken will still be the maitre'd for the TA?

We asked John Heald on Facebook and he said yes. Looks like what SS posted confirms he will be back in September.:D

Unfortunately, the Maitre'd ( Andrea ) presently on the Legend started his present contract in April so it would not be up until the end of September at the earliest. Would it be fair to move him to another ship to accommodate another Maitre'd? There is only one dining room on the Legend. As it is, the present Assistant Maitre'd on the Legend had to take a downgrade on the Legend.

I'm sure Ken would not want to be responsible for displacing one of his peers unfairly.

I'm certain Carnival could accommodate both on the same ship. Why couldn't Carnival just let Ken be an entertainer and put on shows? With as many years (23?) as Ken has with Carnival, and as many new ships as he has launched (21?), and never, ever, getting to sail into his hometown on Carnival, it is an unpardonable sin as far as I am concerned. There is no reason for Andrea to feel threatened or to be displaced. I still hope to see both on the British Isles cruise.

I also know of a full ship charter (neither Sunshine nor Legend) coming up that specifically requested Ken, and that apparently has also been stomped on.

No, there is without a doubt politics in play, IMO. If Uncle Bob coming back has any input, I hope he corrects this injustice.

But I digress... Sorry.

I don't understand why they would design this lounge so that the seats on the "wings" are blocked from viewing the stage? I sure would hate to get stuck with those seats.

Maggie

Sometimes Karaoke is held there. Perhaps earplugs would be nice, too! :p

These are multipurpose venues.

We asked John Heald on Facebook and he said yes. Looks like what SS posted confirms he will be back in September.:D

Ken told us he is scheduled to return to Sunshine after vacation, but one never knows. Honestly I don't know why he stays. I also don't know why JH does, either. I do know one of the reasons we prefer Carnival is because of the employees. No gimmicks required.

Ken told us he is scheduled to return to Sunshine after vacation, but one never knows. Honestly I don't know why he stays. I also don't know why JH does, either. I do know one of the reasons we prefer Carnival is because of the employees. No gimmicks required.

In a conversation with Ken on the Breeze in January, he told us he tried a new venture a few years ago. It didn't work out and he was thankful to come home to Carnival.

I don't understand why they would design this lounge so that the seats on the "wings" are blocked from viewing the stage? I sure would hate to get stuck with those seats.

Maggie

Sometimes Karaoke is held there. Perhaps earplugs would be nice, too! :p

These are multipurpose venues.

But in what potential use of that multipurpose venue could those seats be desirable???

Maggie

In a conversation with Ken on the Breeze in January, he told us he tried a new venture a few years ago. It didn't work out and he was thankful to come home to Carnival.

We know Ken reasonably well, and his expressed desires, as well as ours and other Diamond guests. We have sailed with him a number of times, including last month. But we are getting off topic - I will choose to move on - in this review and ????

DSC_0147_Zyde.jpg

Yes, a nice ribeye!

DSC_0148_Zyde.jpg

the man

DSC_0153_Zyde.jpg

DSC_0154_Zyde.jpg

I remember reading some Breeze reviews and Ken was on there. I was really looking forward to seeing him next year. Darn it:(.

I remember reading some Breeze reviews and Ken was on there. I was really looking forward to seeing him next year. Darn it:(.

Ken usually brings out the new ship. The Breeze was Carnival's newest ship until Ken left to oversee the coming out of Carnival's newest venture, the Sunshine. Since Carnival doesn't have any new ships coming out in 2014' you never know where he'll be in 2014. He may stay on the Sunshine or could even return to the Breeze. :confused:

Archived