Top 10 for the Fascination

Ironmen

How did you like your cruise?

We had a great time despite a few bumps. They had us originally scheduled for the 8:15 dinner time which was NOT going to fly (we NEVER eat that late..like ever). It took a little wangling to get us moved to the earlier one, but it did get done. The second day at sea, on our way home, my husband picked my son up to give him a piggy back ride. When he picked him up, my son whopped his head really good on the low doorway and started howling, because I imagine it really hurt. Krystee (one o the entertainment staff..we'd just been playing trivia with her) ran to the Stars Bar and grabbed him a baggie of ice wrapped in a napkin for his poor noggin.

Other than that we had a great time...Bubba J (my son) loved how the waiters danced around the room and he was a HUGE hit with the female dancers during the Atrium dance parties. Bubba J does this weird sort of electrified spastic chicken dance and he's so darn cute, the female dancers just fell all over him. LOL

Our room steward Pat (I think she was Indonesian..don't even ask me what her name was, she just asked us to call her Pat) was awesome as well. She kept our room looking super neat and tidy and even made us towel animals each night. :D

We LOVED Half Moon Cay..except for the lunch buffet. The food was fine but people were pushing and being a bit grabby and the cups for the drinks were incredibly small. Like, I ended up having to get four cups of lemonade JUST for myself because I didn't want to go back and fight the mob at the drink station. I also didn't like how the foot washer, right as you're getting ready to get back on the tender, wasn't working. :( Our feet were all sandy from the beach and I hate to think we dragged all that sand back onto the boat with us for the poor staff to clean up.

Getting off was incredibly easy as well..we just put the tags they gave us on our luggage and stuck it out in the hall before we went to bed the night before debarkation. We didn't have any problem finding our luggage once we got off, either. :)

Overall, it was a great trip. Really enjoyed the food and the shows (esp Divas!) and the trivia games with the entertainment staff. Bubba J thought the magic show was the best part.

Search out Tommy he is one of the bartenders and probably the oldest one in the entire fleet!! He started working for Carnival in 87 and is one of the nicest people you will ever meet on a ship!:) If you ask if he is working the other bartenders will know where he is! He usually works at the atrium bar

Lonnie

Tommie hasn't been at the atrium bar in over a year. In May, he was working the... the... (darn senior moments) ...the bar just forward of the Puttin' on the Ritz lounge. :D When you find him, tell him John "the reverend" (no, I'm not gonna explain it - let him!) says "HI!" and we'll be back aboard end of September.

Added: Tommy was on sabbatical in February when we were aboard, but was back in May, so I don't know when his next vacation will be... Hope he's there in September and October for our B2B.

Heck NO! 66 and 70 weren't too old two weeks ago! :D ...and I got the video going down it.

I should say not! 66 wasn't too old! ;)

Same answer twice - that's what happens when someone dredges up an old thread. (...and when you're having senior moments ;) )

Tommie hasn't been at the atrium bar in over a year. In May, he was working the... the... (darn senior moments) ...the bar just forward of the Puttin' on the Ritz lounge. :D When you find him, tell him John "the reverend" (no, I'm not gonna explain it - let him!) says "HI!" and we'll be back aboard end of September.

Added: Tommy was on sabbatical in February when we were aboard, but was back in May, so I don't know when his next vacation will be... Hope he's there in September and October for our B2B.

The Stars Bar--they had a LOT of trivia games there when we were on last month.

If you do the Behind the Fun tour, try not to zone out when you get to the engine room...I couldn't understand the engineer because of his accent and it was very, very boring. I stood there thinking "Oh god..how much longer are they going to talk about this?".

Best part of the Behind the Fun tour was the bridge and then going back to our room to discover a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, some cookies and a couple little sweet muffin things from the chef! :D

Do the Behind the Fun tour. It is awesome!

Try to get into the dining room with Joseph, your supercharged Maitre D!!! We LOVED him!!!

Oh no the one hhit wonder.....I cant get away from him. Get old the 2nd or 5th cruise. It's Showtime. Ugh.

Archived