Top 10 for the Fascination

Ironmen

I would also recommend being on an upper deck when pulling into Nassau, especially when he turns the ship to back in. Just amazes me how they can turn those ships like that. Yes, I am easily amused....

I did this and the combo of watching the sun rise, Nassau coming up, pulling into the port and the reverse dock, FANTASTIC!!!!!

Search out Tommy he is one of the bartenders and probably the oldest one in the entire fleet!! He started working for Carnival in 87 and is one of the nicest people you will ever meet on a ship!:) If you ask if he is working the other bartenders will know where he is! He usually works at the atrium bar

Lonnie

Tommy was not in the Atruim Bar last month.......we found him all the way in the back at the bar back there. He is still a funny, funny guy!!

Tommy was not in the Atruim Bar last month.......we found him all the way in the back at the bar back there. He is still a funny, funny guy!!

Ya he moves around from time to time but well worth the search to find him! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Did the Fascination in Sept 12 and April 13. The food had really improved. Especaily in the MDR. And MDR lunch was really good. Never been much for sushi but in April it was quite tasty.

Ya he moves around from time to time but well worth the search to find him! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Had Tommy twice in 2012 on Fascination. In May he was at Atrium Bar, and October was at the bar outside the lounge in the rear of Promenade.

Just off the ship Thurs. 5/23. Tommy is the best. We enjoyed spending time with him back at Puttin on the Ritz.

Also, MDR food was awesome this time and our head waitress, Napa, was over the top helpful and sweet.

Sail away, especially going under the bridge.

I agree Mike. Make sure that you are on the upper most deck as you go under the bridge. The clearance of the smokestack is so little, you think that is is going to hit the bridge.

Do I even want to KNOW what the 'balcony' club is?

Not that I can join it...we got an inside room since this is our first trip and we wanted to try and reduce any chance of seasickness for ourselves and our kiddo. We're hoping that maybe the inside rooms are a bit quieter also, since he has sensory issues.

Just off the ship Thurs. 5/23. Tommy is the best. We enjoyed spending time with him back at Puttin on the Ritz.

Also, MDR food was awesome this time and our head waitress, Napa, was over the top helpful and sweet.

We had Napa too!!!!! She is so sweet and funny! We had Anytime Dining and asked for her every night!

Do I even want to KNOW what the 'balcony' club is?

Not that I can join it...we got an inside room since this is our first trip and we wanted to try and reduce any chance of seasickness for ourselves and our kiddo. We're hoping that maybe the inside rooms are a bit quieter also, since he has sensory issues.

Mid ship and low is best for motion for sure. Im the kind of guy that cant ride Tea Cups at Disney or a Merry go Round for that matter w/o feeling I'll. Cruising I have no effect..:D

Balcony Club is listed next to Mile High Club..(Adult Minds)...:o...LOL

Putting together a top 10 list of things we need to do on the Fascination!

#1 Enjoy the balcony!

#2 Enjoy the piano bar!

Also, I forgot about the grill on lido. It has the best homemade tortilla chips for the salsa/pico!

Good to hear Tommy is still on Fascination. Hopefully he will still be there when we sail in 1 week.

How is the salsa? Good or just kind of blah?

I'm kind of picky about my salsa. It has to taste good and be hot, but not so much so that I've got flames shooting out my mouth.:p

It's not hot, but fresh. It's more like pico and does have cilantro, which I love.

The Fascination is my favorite ship so far, as I am not into the new bells and whistles.

My top ten

tea

going under the bridge (be up by the funnel)

putt putt-when it's windy up top

go to the back of the ship and watch the stars rise

get up early in the morning and watch the sunrise

water slides

lobster

relax

trivia games

win a ship on a stick!

1. Dessert from the buffet area in the afternoon!

2. Sunsets from the back deck or your own balcony!

3. the Karaoke in the small club was nice!

4. main dining room was pretty good!

5. Buffet food was exceptional! even Hamburgers & pizza!

6. More Sunsets! :)

7. Just enjoy the views! (All of Them)

8. Relax and enjoy everything!

9. Its a cruise enjoy what you can!

10. have a Great Cruise! Don't sweat the small stuff!

That sounds awesome then. I'm a Texan and we adore good salsa round here.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to work myself into a state--I'm so excited/nervous/anxious about our upcoming cruise since we've never done this before. It was kind of a last minute decision.

DH swears that I will not:

A. Be the fattest woman on the ship

B. fall over board

C. get lost..on the ship (I'm famous for getting lost just about anywhere, including my own home and my son's school where I volunteer at least 2 days a week) :D

Another vote for afternoon tea in the piano bar only held on sea days. Also love the made to order omelets in the morning on lido deck.

The Fascination is one of my favorite ships. Enjoy!!!:)

They do have a good omelet bar. I don't eat omelets, but love fried eggs. I get a couple of eggs, some bacon, toast, and make an egg & bacon sandwich.:D

Archived