Aft Balcony on Epic??

jackg962

We are thinking of booking a cruise on NCL Epic. We are looking at trying an aft balcony for the first time. Everyone seems to be happy with aft balcony's, are they all that they claim they are to be? with doors shut, does it soften the niose enough for sleeping?

We love aft balconies. We sailed in an aft on the Epic in April and it is quiet back there but for some reason when we pulled into port there was alot, and I mean alot of vibration. Would we sail in an aft on the Epic again? You bet!!

We are thinking of booking a cruise on NCL Epic. We are looking at trying an aft balcony for the first time. Everyone seems to be happy with aft balcony's, are they all that they claim they are to be? with doors shut, does it soften the niose enough for sleeping?

Another vote here for an aft balcony! :D

We loved ours on our Epic trip!

I always say the same.......views coming into and leaving port are just amazing and for me, the sound of that wake is so relaxing!

We never heard a thing with the balcony doors shut.

The only time it was a little noisy was the night of the White Hot Party and when we sat on the balcony we could hear the * thud * of the music......came in and shut the door....no problem!

People talk about the vibrations......and YES......vibrate it DOES......think of it as your wake-up call....no alarm needed! ;)

It really didn't bother us.....DH slept through it :eek: and I got up and watched Naples, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Cannes and Marseille come into view! :)

Unlike the Breakaway and Jewel class ships, the Epic does not use azipods that can be rotated for maneuvering. It uses large, traditional propellers. When it maneuvers, like entering or exiting port, it uses a combination of those propellers and side thrusters that create a large amount of cavitation/vibration. It doesn't go on long, but it can certainly wake up light sleepers.

This bothers some, and others sort of like the "alarm clock" aspect of it, while others tolerate it to get the benefits of such a great aft view.

Remember, the lower you go the more vibration you'll get, and the higher you go the larger risk of noise from the SPice H2O parties. I'd probably shoot for decks 10-11 if it were me :)

Archived