FINALLY...My Enchantment of the Seas Review; 5/10 Sailing!

Thank you for the review. I'm boarding next Monday.

Two questions. Was Park Cafe open on embarkation day? Are the Coke Freestyle machines onboard?

Congrats on the upgrade. As I booked this last minute I am being brave and taking an inside cabin! Haven't done that in a decade..

I was on here last month...Park Cafe was open for those great samiches :D

They have 1 machine in WJ and 1 on deck 6 by the coffee shop

hopefully they're fixed now......The machine in the WJ was out of several flavors most of the cruise.

Thanks for the pictures and review. Quick question- when did they start to hand out the cabanas? I was on The Monarch and it was when we were pull away from the dock. I was so mad that I missed the sail away party waiting to see if I would get one being that I wasn't in a suite.

Wow, looks awesome! We sail in 4 days on her & looking forward to her!

Quest show, does that involve running around the ship? Or is it just a game show on the stage? Would love some more info on it! I have a sprained ankle, so couldn't do running around, but all up for taking part in silly events!

Hoping to snag a cabana in cococay too! Looks amazing!

How was formal night? Did people dress up a lot?

021_zpse57c1a38.jpg

022_zps74b60601.jpg

Wow...the curtains and artwork are...hideous!

May not be the best, but I didn't care about that. Only the view mattered to me...especially because I originally booked an inside cabin, where I wouldn't have been able to see anything but four walls. The ugly curtains AND the artwork were upgrades for us! :cool:

Thank you for the review. I'm boarding next Monday.

Two questions. Was Park Cafe open on embarkation day? Are the Coke Freestyle machines onboard?

Congrats on the upgrade. As I booked this last minute I am being brave and taking an inside cabin! Haven't done that in a decade..

Hello Diane-

I'm told that many people went to Park Cafe instead of Windjammer at boarding time, but I'm not sure whether it was open for dinner. Yes, I saw a couple of the Freestyle machines onboard.

Enjoy your sailing!

Thanks for the pictures and review. Quick question- when did they start to hand out the cabanas? I was on The Monarch and it was when we were pull away from the dock. I was so mad that I missed the sail away party waiting to see if I would get one being that I wasn't in a suite.

BlueSky-

Glad you liked the review. I got on the cabana list as soon as I boarded, and everyone who signed up was told to return to the Excursion Desk immediately following the muster drill at 4:30. At that time, we were told our status on the cabana.

Wow, looks awesome! We sail in 4 days on her & looking forward to her!

Quest show, does that involve running around the ship? Or is it just a game show on the stage? Would love some more info on it! I have a sprained ankle, so couldn't do running around, but all up for taking part in silly events!

Hoping to snag a cabana in cococay too! Looks amazing!

How was formal night? Did people dress up a lot?

NJsharon- It was, IMO, a terrific cruise and a really nice ship. You'll have a good time!

I won't give too much away about Quest, so that you'll have something to look forward to...but it's hilarious. Actually, there are YouTube videos from different sailings that will give you an idea of how much fun it is.

Wish you the best on securing the cabana, because it was a beautiful time. We were quite fortunate. The key, I think, is to go STRAIGHT to the Explorations Desk when you board the ship to have your name placed on the list. Board the ship as early as you can. Remember that the Suite guests get preferential option from their Concierge before the general cabin passengers.

As far as formal night attire, people ran the gamut from gowns & tuxes to simple business casual. Anything that you're comfortable in will be quite acceptable!

What is the cost of the cabana? i heard their nice but, they are far from the food and other activiries . thank you!

Our cabana was $200 back in March. No worries about the food, the cabana area has it's own upgraded food buffet.

I am also going on the Enchantment of the Seas in September...to be exact it is September 9th for the four night sailing.... I saw all the pictures of the ship, and it looks absolutely beautiful.....have an inside cabin as well midship on deck 7.... sailing solo....hope that there is a meet and mingle group from cruise critics when we get aboard.... going to hit park cafe for the delicious roast beef sandwiches or a salad.... then going to make reservations at chops grille for dinner... its my birthday, so i am going to be treating myself...also when we get into nassau i booked a beach excursion to Rose Island for the day.... you get roundtrip transportation from paradise island to Rose Island, a buffet style luncheon...(for $40 dollars more u get an inclusive drink package), beach lounge chairs, umbrellas, beach towels....and the enjoy of the caribbean music, and relaxation on the beach.....making this cruise a beach and relaxion day at the beaches including Coco cay..... Hope to see you onboard..... countdown is on.....:)

I am also going on the Enchantment of the Seas in September...to be exact it is September 9th for the four night sailing.... I saw all the pictures of the ship, and it looks absolutely beautiful.....have an inside cabin as well midship on deck 7.... sailing solo....hope that there is a meet and mingle group from cruise critics when we get aboard.... going to hit park cafe for the delicious roast beef sandwiches or a salad.... then going to make reservations at chops grille for dinner... its my birthday, so i am going to be treating myself...also when we get into nassau i booked a beach excursion to Rose Island for the day.... you get roundtrip transportation from paradise island to Rose Island, a buffet style luncheon...(for $40 dollars more u get an inclusive drink package), beach lounge chairs, umbrellas, beach towels....and the enjoy of the caribbean music, and relaxation on the beach.....making this cruise a beach and relaxion day at the beaches including Coco cay..... Hope to see you onboard..... countdown is on.....:)

Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous birthday! I hope you do!

I sailed the Enchantment 4 nights sailing on April 29, 2013.

The Park Cafe Hours in the solarium on Deck 9 were:

Day 1 - Hidden gem as there are no crowds on day one.

Noon-330p

430-630p

10-5 am for late night snacks

Day 2 CocoCay Day

630a-1030a

5p-630p

10p-5am

Day 3 Nassau

630a-1030a

5-630p

10-5am

Day 4 At Sea

630-1030a

1130-330p

5-630p

10-2am

Hope this schedule helps you plan your day...

DSC_0299800x536_zpsd79c8bf6.jpg

Dorothy

Hope you have a great birthday.. Am also going in Sept.. I have heard about the Rose Island excursion and would be interested in your feedback when you get back.. I thought they took you snorkeling first though then to island for lunch or is that something different.

What is the cost of the cabana? i heard their nice but, they are far from the food and other activiries . thank you!

teric630- The cabanas are $200 per group. They are nice, but they aren't far from the food because a PRIVATE buffet is set up for you right in the cabana area. The beach area is right next to you, and it's only a short walk to pick up your water mats/snorkel gear. There is a dedicated bar specifically for the cabana users, as well as bathroom facilities.

I've heard some really strange stories about the cabana area, and how it works. Trust me, I was just there (2 wks ago) and it's worth the money if you like solitude and beauty. My hubby just appreciated the great rest that he got.

Archived