FINALLY...My Enchantment of the Seas Review; 5/10 Sailing!

Thank you so much for your review. I am taking my 11 year old daughter for a getaway in September and we cannot wait! I hope your husband had a great birthday! :D

My husband had THE best time ever! Hope that you and your lovely daughter enjoy your September sailing.:)

I am also going on the Enchantment of the Seas in September...to be exact it is September 9th for the four night sailing.... I saw all the pictures of the ship, and it looks absolutely beautiful.....have an inside cabin as well midship on deck 7.... sailing solo....hope that there is a meet and mingle group from cruise critics when we get aboard.... going to hit park cafe for the delicious roast beef sandwiches or a salad.... then going to make reservations at chops grille for dinner... its my birthday, so i am going to be treating myself...also when we get into nassau i booked a beach excursion to Rose Island for the day.... you get roundtrip transportation from paradise island to Rose Island, a buffet style luncheon...(for $40 dollars more u get an inclusive drink package), beach lounge chairs, umbrellas, beach towels....and the enjoy of the caribbean music, and relaxation on the beach.....making this cruise a beach and relaxion day at the beaches including Coco cay..... Hope to see you onboard..... countdown is on.....:)

travelady65-

Sure sounds as though you've got your vacation plans all set. You should have a marvelous time. Enjoy your dinner in Chops Grille. They surely do treat you like royalty and not to mention, the food is delicious and plentiful.

I sailed the Enchantment 4 nights sailing on April 29, 2013.

The Park Cafe Hours in the solarium on Deck 9 were:

Day 1 - Hidden gem as there are no crowds on day one.

Noon-330p

430-630p

10-5 am for late night snacks

Day 2 CocoCay Day

630a-1030a

5p-630p

10p-5am

Day 3 Nassau

630a-1030a

5-630p

10-5am

Day 4 At Sea

630-1030a

1130-330p

5-630p

10-2am

Hope this schedule helps you plan your day...

DSC_0299800x536_zpsd79c8bf6.jpg

Dorothy

;) Your photo is making me want to book another Enchantment cruise RIGHT NOW!! LOL!

Great review and really enjoyed the pictures. :)

Thanks Nancy! This is actually my first time doing an extensive review of any of my cruises, and it took all night long with that crazy Photobucket thing....but I finally finished! :cool:

I really appreciate the review & photos too! 3 more days for me & then we leave!

Do the cabanas have beach towels with them, or would we need to bring our own beach towels?

Glad that you appreciate the review/pics. Bring your own towels...we were told by a lot of people that towels would be provided, but the Explorations Desk said we should bring our own. Good thing that we did; I didn't see a spare towel on CocoCay anywhere. Grab some from the Pool Deck before you go!

Great review! I recently booked a 4-day Enchantment cruise for October, DH was a little unsure since it's a shorter cruise and an older ship, but I'm sure we will be just fine. I also just convinced my parents to go with us too, so it should be a great time! :D

Great review! I recently booked a 4-day Enchantment cruise for October, DH was a little unsure since it's a shorter cruise and an older ship, but I'm sure we will be just fine. I also just convinced my parents to go with us too, so it should be a great time! :D

Great. Hope that my photos gave you an idea of how much fun you can have on that ship. Everytime I think about that ship, I want to re-book a sailing! LOL

.... sailing solo....hope that there is a meet and mingle group from cruise critics when we get aboard.... :)

There will not be a meet n mingle - those are only for 7 nights or longer cruises. There will be a meeting for solo/single cruisers, though....

The bridge that was added to this ship is really nice. Adds a special touch.

034_zps0bdfbedd.jpg

033_zps021f3d92.jpg

Me and my wife were also on this cruise and had a blast. You actually caught a picture of me too! On the second picture, I am on the top left wearing the sunglasses and green shirt! Too funny...

I sailed the Enchantment 4 nights sailing on April 29, 2013.

The Park Cafe Hours in the solarium on Deck 9 were:

Day 1 - Hidden gem as there are no crowds on day one.

Noon-330p

430-630p

10-5 am for late night snacks

Day 2 CocoCay Day

630a-1030a

5p-630p

10p-5am

Day 3 Nassau

630a-1030a

5-630p

10-5am

Day 4 At Sea

630-1030a

1130-330p

5-630p

10-

Dorothy

Thank you!

Great Review, we are sailing on her on 9/13, looking forward to it but not done a fri-mon cruise before so hope there are some peaceful areas, did you notice if there was Sushi available in the WJ at night?

Thanks for the great review. We are looking forward to our June 24 sailing. Quick question: How dressy is Chops? We are planning to eat their the first night and I didn't know how we should dress. Also, do you have any pictures of the four day menus? Thanks :)

Me and my wife were also on this cruise and had a blast. You actually caught a picture of me too! On the second picture, I am on the top left wearing the sunglasses and green shirt! Too funny...

OMGoodness....glock813!!! Wow, how crazy is THAT! Wasn't that a fantastic sailing? I think about it nearly everyday...LOL;)

Great Review, we are sailing on her on 9/13, looking forward to it but not done a fri-mon cruise before so hope there are some peaceful areas, did you notice if there was Sushi available in the WJ at night?

Thanks, glad you liked the review. Shorty cruises are fun, you just have to redeem your time properly to really enjoy it. Go through the Compasses daily, and highlight what you want to do!

Yep, there are lots of peaceful areas, one of them being the Solarium (no kids under 16 allowed, supposedly). Inside the Centrum, the band plays nice, relaxing big band-type tunes during the daytime hours. Plenty of seats around the area to have a drink and meditate/people-watch.

I saw some Sushi, but I can't remember for the life of me what time of day it was.

Thanks for the great review. We are looking forward to our June 24 sailing. Quick question: How dressy is Chops? We are planning to eat their the first night and I didn't know how we should dress. Also, do you have any pictures of the four day menus? Thanks :)

mom3kids-

You're welcome.

Chops is as dressy as YOU want it to be. Hubby and I went on formal night (day 2), so we classed it up a bit (dress/heels, suit/tie). Dress in what makes you comfortable, particularly since it's the first sailing night. Many people don't have all of their luggage yet on the first day, so do what's best for you. You'll LOVE Chops...they really treat you well!

Sorry, as far as pics of the menus, I didn't photograph those (too busy stuffing food in my mouth..lol). But I have seen copies of the Chops menu on CC in a different thread. Type it in the Search box; it may come up that way. It's definitely out there.

Hope you have an outstanding sailing!:cool:

Thanks for the review :). We're sailing on Enchantment in August after a week on Oasis. After seeing your photos, we're more relaxed now about our decision to cruise on her. We realise it's going to be a MASSIVE difference, however, we're going to use our time on her for a little R&R after the madness (trying to see and do everything in a week :eek:) of Oasis.

Not sure whether to go to Chops on Enchantment or Oasis, we usually arrange to go once during our cruise.

Thanks for the review :). We're sailing on Enchantment in August after a week on Oasis. After seeing your photos, we're more relaxed now about our decision to cruise on her. We realise it's going to be a MASSIVE difference, however, we're going to use our time on her for a little R&R after the madness (trying to see and do everything in a week :eek:) of Oasis.

Not sure whether to go to Chops on Enchantment or Oasis, we usually arrange to go once during our cruise.

Villauk-

How blessed are YOU to be able to do a B2B cruise on both Oasis and Enchantment?!? Wow, that's really nice! I'm glad that my review gave you some clarity. I sailed on Oasis last year and while the two ships are not comparable, they both equally as much fun! I'd do an Enchantment short cruise again in a heartbeat!

Hope you have a great sailing...

Another question!

Is there an Indian cuisine option in the main dining room on the Enchantment? Not Indian, but sometimes I just like to eat Indian food!

I know other cruiselines do this, but first time sailing with RCL so wasn't sure if all cruiselines did this.

TIA!

Another question!

Is there an Indian cuisine option in the main dining room on the Enchantment? Not Indian, but sometimes I just like to eat Indian food!

I know other cruiselines do this, but first time sailing with RCL so wasn't sure if all cruiselines did this.

TIA!

I only ate in the MDR the first night and that wasn't part of the menu. There were a couple of Indian dishes in the Windjammer though.

Another question!

TIA!

The old menus used to have an Indian entree almost every night which served as one of the vegetarian options. I don't remember any Indian dishes on the new menu.

Archived