Breakaway Pictures Inside - Including MDR Menus!

SliceOfLife

I agree Cagney is OK but nothing special. Le bistro OTOH is a "must". (And the cover charge is very reasonable). Doing the breakaway for the 2nd time in 3 weeks!! Soooooooo excited :)

Edited by opalinem

• 4 weeks later...
How did the ship handle the rough seas? 2 years ago we had a heck of a "ride" on the jewel and was curious if this boat handled the waves better?

The Breakaway was the first cruise I have ever experienced rough seas in so I have nothing to compare her to. I thought she handled everything pretty well. You could really feel the movement in the aft and forward areas of the ship. It was more side to side movement than up and down that I could feel. I think plenty of people were feeling green because the common areas were very empty!!

Robin: We are going on the Breakaway in October. Any tips on what we should reserve, what shows we should see. We have never been on this ship so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not Robin, but I'll answer your questions.

Rock of Ages is very mixed, if you think the show interests you make reservations if not, just skip it.

I thought Burn the Floor was very neat. Some of their dance numbers were really fun to watch. It is best to make reservations before you get on the ship.

Howl at the Moon was great, but I would only go once. We went twice and it was almost the same exact show. I was very disappointed in that. No reservations required but get there early for a seat!

I didn't go to the Cirque show so I can't comment on that. It does sell out so make your reservations early if you want to go.

The Breakaway was the first cruise I have ever experienced rough seas in so I have nothing to compare her to. I thought she handled everything pretty well. You could really feel the movement in the aft and forward areas of the ship. It was more side to side movement than up and down that I could feel. I think plenty of people were feeling green because the common areas were very empty!!

Thank you so much for the response. I can handle side to side, it's the up and down that is rough. I literally thought the jewel was going to break in half! We are midship on the Breakaway so we should be all good. October 19th can't come fast enough!

Thank you so much for the response. I can handle side to side, it's the up and down that is rough. I literally thought the jewel was going to break in half! We are midship on the Breakaway so we should be all good. October 19th can't come fast enough!

Oh I can't even imagine! I hope you have smooth sailing! I'll be boarding the Getaway the day before your Breakaway cruise!

Those were the most beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to do that!☺️

Where is the Clayworks store located? I'm not sure if I've been there, but I don't think so lol

Thanks again!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Those were the most beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to do that!☺️

Where is the Clayworks store located? I'm not sure if I've been there, but I don't think so lol

Thanks again!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is just a few minute walk from the port. It's near the glass works shop. I think there is a convenience store on the same street.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I was on the 5/19 sailing of the NCL Breakaway and I took lots of pictures. It will probably take me a few days to get them all posted because I took a lot and photobucket is being extremely slow! I will start off with the MDR menus since those are usually the most requested pictures. Some were taken with my digital camera and others with my iPhone so not all picture quality is the best. I hope you enjoy!!

Just a quick note about the MDR's. They are in no particular order (the menus are rotated out so just because I had mushroom ravioli on let's say Tuesday your menu might have that dish on Friday). Also, one side of the menu will always stay the same for lunch and dinner so I only took pictures of that once. There are minor difference between the Manhattan Room and Taste/Savor. I tried to get pictures of those as well.

499_zps69f9a689.jpg

497_zps81f0705c.jpg

498_zpsb194b10a.jpg

Sadly, none of your pictures are viewable.