Quantum - Port Canaveral, Florida

I note that Quantum will arrive at the port of call (Port Canaveral) at 1300 and leave at 2300.

Is that enough time to do some sort of tour of the Space Centre?

Definitely. 1/2 a day is plenty.

I note that Quantum will arrive at the port of call (Port Canaveral) at 1300 and leave at 2300.

Is that enough time to do some sort of tour of the Space Centre?

Sure 10 hours is plenty of time, but your concern should be that your 10 hours are late in the day. The visitor complex at Kennedy Space Center is only open until 5:00 PM (1700). So by the time you get off the ship and get transportation over there you will probably only have about 3 hours. That isn't enough to see everything (museum, bus tour, IMAX movies, Shuttle Launch Experience, etc). The bus tour alone takes 2+ hours.

You'll be able to see some things, but not everything.

By the way, that time makes a visit to any of the theme parks fairly problematic. Disney World is more than an hour away.

I don't see Royal doing anything to make it easy for a guest to visit Disney.

Maybe if Disney didnt have their own cruise line.

I don't see Royal doing anything to make it easy for a guest to visit Disney.

Maybe if Disney didnt have their own cruise line.

Disney isn't the only game in town in Orlando. Royal Caribbean actually has a partnership with Universal Orlando, home to 2 great theme parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure). They even offer joint vacation packages which include a cruise on Royal Caribbean combined with 3 or 4 nights at Universal Orlando.

By the way, that time makes a visit to any of the theme parks fairly problematic. Disney World is more than an hour away.

I think there is sufficient time for a 6+ hr theme park visit. Rent a car, get off early, its about an hour away.

Since RCCL has a partnership with Universal Studios, I am sure that will be a shore excursion offered by RCCL --- if you can do that, you can also get to Disney.

mac_tlc

what about seaworld, how far away is that from the port.

SeaWorld is about 45 minutes away from Port Canaveral, Universal is about 50 minutes, and the various Disney parks are 55 to 60 minutes.

The issue with the theme parks will be similar to the issues with the Kennedy Space Center. Depending on what time of year your cruise is scheduled, the 1:00 PM to 11:00 PM time in port may limit you as far as what parks will be worthwhile.

During slow times of the year (i.e. if you are here NOT during summer, spring break, Christmas time, or Thanksgiving), some of the parks will regularly close as early as 5 PM (Animal Kingdom) or 6 PM (SeaWorld, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure). So they wouldn't make sense to spend the money to go to any of those if you don't get to them until 2:30 PM. The Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios close as early as 7:00 PM during slower times of year. Epcot is open until 9:00 PM year-round. During the slow times that is often the latest park open.

If you come during busy times, many of the parks are open until as late as midnight (Magic Kingdom), so it isn't a problem.

Disney from cruise is easy. Bus takes you to transportation center and gives youbticket for one park admission. Monorail there, as well as buses. They give you 6 hours for feturn go bus and then it is about 80 minutes back to the ship. Approx. $160 per person. Well run and guarantee to make the return to ship. Luv Disney. Vicki

Archived