Any Buckeye Cruisers Here?

Ghost

Personally, I have to say [B]Go Blue[/B]

But in fairness to the original poster, I'll add:

Bo Schembechler meets God.

After Michigan coach Bo Schembechler passes away and enters the Pearly Gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows Bo a little 2-bedroom house with a faded UM banner hanging from the front porch. "This is your home, Coach. Most people don't get their own house up here," God exclaims. Bo looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on the top of the hill. It's a huge two-story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all of the windows. Ohio State flags line both sides of the sidewalk with a huge scarlet and gray OSU banner hanging between the marble columns.

"Thanks for the home, God, but let me ask you a question. I get this little 2 bedroom house with a faded Michigan banner, and Woody Hayes gets a mansion with new OSU banners and flags flying ! all over the place. Why is that? God looks at him seriously for a moment and then
replies, "That's not Woody's house, that's mine!!!!!

We live about 45 minutes south of Toledo, but I'm originally from Youngstown! Go eat some Handel's for me (thank God they're expanding to Sylvania and Columbus - yummy!)

-----------------
"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

We bleed scarlet and gray. Our alumni ticket applications showed up last week. We have the University of Cinninati game. Should be interesting, the new head coach at UC was the defensive cooridnater at OSU last year.

Only problem is its the first Saturday in September. We pray they make it a night game (or we win the Michigan lottery).

Last year we had the NC State game. 3 overtimes in 80 degree weather, no shade. We were about ready to melt.

George & MaryBeth

I know what you mean. My brother who lives in Florida has season tickets to OSU games and we usually get a few of them - always seem to be the ones early in the season and it gets PRETTY warm. Teh saving grace is his seats are under cover. We went to the spring scrimmage game and it was warm then, too. But any game a the "Shoe" is a great one!

Kathy

Okay, I'm not from Ohio...and I have no allegiance whatsoever to OSU or U of Michigan (except that my brother played Varsity Volleyball for Michigan back in the early 80s)...But, I always appreciate a good joke...So, thank you tbelian...I think I'll redo it with UCLA and USC for local consumption...

But, it also reminds me of my favorite "lawyer joke" (and I AM a lawyer!)...Here goes:

The Pope dies...
And, at the pearly gates, St. Peter introduces him to an angel who is going to bring him to where he is to spend eternity...
The angel takes him to a small cloud with a single bed, a small nightstand with a candle and a small bowl of fruit...
The Pope looks across the way and sees a great big billowing cloud with a king-sized bed, two night stands with elegant candelabras...and there's a guy reclining on the bed and several angels are hand-feeding him grapes...

The Pope looks at his angel guide and asks "Who's that?"

The angel replies "Some Lawyer"...

The Pope is indignant: "Perhaps you don't understand. I was the Pope. A pious and holy man. The spiritual leader of a third of the earth's people...and you're telling me all I get is this stinking little cloud and some lawyer gets THAT???"

The angel responds: "We know exactly who you are...but perhaps YOU don't understand...You see, we've got lots of Popes up here...but that's the FIRST lawyer we've ever seen..."

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Could tell some bad UM jokes but we'll let that go [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

Trying to keep this on topic, when OSU played Penn State (first season for them in the Big Ten or Eleven) we were on a cruise. We took one of those little LCD TV sets with us.

Guess what, inside of a ship is surrounded by metal (no local TV signals). Outside was so bright you couldn't see anything.

The laugh part of this is the lifeboat drill. Somebody caught the game somehow. A lady next to us said "GoBucks". Turning, we realized that she and her brand new husband were still in their wedding ensembles (and life preservers).

Small world.

George & MaryBeth

Count us in!

I LOVED the OSU/MICHIGAN joke!!!! Thanks tbelian!

We live just south of Cleveland and we are sailing Celebrity out of Baltimore in September. We have Lake Erie and if the waves were bigger and it smelled of salt it would be perfect!

Cool thread...thanks for starting it Ghost!

Liz

To my friends to the south! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

A Wolverines fan is driving from Ann Arbor to Columbus for a football game. In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road, headlights suddenly appear. He runs head-on into an oncoming Buckeyes fan, creating a horrible accident. The Wolverines fan manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage. Still shaking, he looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I am really lucky to be alive!" Likewise, the Buckeyes fan manages to remove himself from his car and stands there looking at the wreckage. He too marvels, "I can't believe I survived this wreck!" The Wolverines fan walks over to the Buckeyes fan and says, "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put aside our petty differences and live as brothers instead of enemies." The Buckeyes fan thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should.... this rivalry is silly!" So the Buckeyes fan pops open his trunk and pulls out a full, unopened bottle of Jack Daniels. He says to the Wolverines fan, "I think we should toast to our new found friendship and understanding." The Wolverines fan says, "You're right!", grabs the bottle, and starts sucking down Jack Daniels. After putting away nearly half the bottle, the Wolverines fan hands it back to the Buckeyes fan and says, "Your turn!" The Buckeyes fan twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nah, I think I'll wait for the cops to show up."

Our daughter graduated fron OSU and our son is graduating in June from The University of Cincinnati so the last game I just sat there and looked at the people and the game in Columbus this year will be the same.
Cincy really should have won the game last year.
GO BUCKS AND GO BEARCATS.

GO BUCKS!!
Love the Buckeyes and love to cruise! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
I have tickets for the Oct. 30 Penn State game with hopes that I will win the lottery again for the Michigan game.

Am hoping I can get back on the Zenith in Nov. I just loved the 14 day cruise out of Jax.

Wonder how the submarine races are doing on the Scioto??

An OSU alumnus!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Deb

I'm staying out of the OSU talk. I'll only say that it's just so much fun to harass the one person in our office who is a diehard OSU fan when they play Michigan. Not that any of us are Michigan fans...it's just fun to torture him!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

We live in Cincy, by the way! Ohio is full of great people!!!! Hope to see you all on a cruise ship one of these days!

~Host Anne

Hudson, Ohio is here! Go Bucks, stomp Blue! Cruised on the Century in March. I hope this East Coast departure trend in the cruise industry continues. The airfares to Florida kill me with a family. I gotta think the companies realize what a massive market there must be for cruises from Baltimore/New York/Philly. We Ohioans could get there in a good day's drive and save a bundle.

From Sandusky Ohio, home of Cedar Point!

Cruise Cat
Unofficial Ambassador for the Community

Vision of the Seas - 8/24/03
Rhapsody of the Seas - 9/1/02
Inspiration - 9/16/01
Jubilee - 9/12/99

<MARQUEE>[I]..........................SAIL ON LMAO!!!....ALWAYS TRUE NORTH!!!...LMAO FOREVER (LF)!!!!...................[/I]<MARQUEE>

Cincinnati -

Couldn't care less about the college teams, but love those cicadas!

Next cruises: Coral Princess 2/05 (and probably the Horizon to Bermuda 9/04)

Mona

2 X RCI
5 x HAL
2 x Carnival
2 x Celebrity (way back when it was Chandris)
1 so long ago I don't even remember who!

We live in Cincinnati and hope the cicadas avoid the Montgomery area! Our daughter does to OSU. Loved the jokes- I am going to send her a link to this site. We are all going on the Constellation Baltic cruise June 19.

HANG ON SLOOPY!

DH finally got over his "every Saturday at THE 'shoe" or whatever stadium they happened to be playing at on any particular Saturday....and with his retirement.

Over the years, I've gotten really disgusted with the antics of some of the players. Some of the behavior has been pretty shameful....to anyone associated with the university.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~bcs3/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/5-9summit2.gif[/img]

REMBRANDT - Med. 9/1998: and so it begins!
LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 5/1999
SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 5/2000
INFINITY - Hawaii 4/2001
MILLIE -Med. - 5/2002 (X No Go)
RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2/2002
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2002
SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 5/2003
INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2003

And next:
SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 5/2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**
(5/21/04!!)

Former Buckeye here (Aurora) - does that count?
I still have family there.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
..until Celebrity Mercury - 12/17/04

Vision of the Seas - Christmas 2003
Legend of the Seas - Halloween 2002

Archived