Any Buckeye Cruisers Here?

Ghost

duck512 - Did you find Handel's - it's on the corner of Sylvania Ave. & Holland-Sylvania. Blue & white building - the ice cream is WONDERFUL!

Where are you from in Toledo - we live in Sylvania.

Kathy

Hi Kathy

I frequent this board too.

Not a OSU fan.. but a XU fan. I'm noth of Cincinnati in the Springfield Township/Wyoming area.

45014 - we have tons of cicadas right now but I understand parts of fairfield and westchester have none. Go figure.. It was so bad yesterday that every time I took the dog out, I had a dozen or more of them stuck to me. ick..

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

Dancing Gal - I sent you an email with the info you were looking for. Also, i went to Handel's website to see where they were at in Cleveland (they started in Youngstown, so I knew they had to be in Cleveland)and they are located in Broadview Heights, Cuyahoga Falls, Garfield Heights, and Twinsburg. Maybe if you ask the Cleveland person on here, he'll know where those are versus where the Museum is. Try it out if you can!

For everyone else, here's the Handel's website, which includes their menu, so you can start getting hungry for it and know what they have: [url="http://www.handelsicecream.com"]www.handelsicecream.com[/url]

Happy cruising!

-----------------
"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

Twinsbiurg & Garfield are SE of Cleveland, Cuya Falls is Akron more than Cleveland but Akron is now a suburb of Clevelan. Broadview Hts is closest with a good 30 minute from DT Cleveland to there. In Brooklyn, across the street from my Cleveland home, in their Lowes plaza, a new ice cream parlot like what we have in Maui, called Stone Cold Creamery. Great place to blow $10 on 2 waffle cones. They bake their cones right in front of you, some dipped in chocolate & nuts, the ice cream is cooped out onto an iced marble & goodies chosen are wrapped into it, then stuffed into the waffle cone. Place was packed but at that price they see us once a month. I eat the waffle cone with sorbet as I am lactose intolerant.

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to Zoofari, but we will be in Columbus this weekend (Powell) for Father's Day dinner at my sisters. I have a feeling that we're going to get roped into helping paint her fence though icon_wink.gif

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

Yes, John and I will be at Zoofari. We are volunteers and have a great time. I went last night to pick-up our t-shirts and saw the baby elephant. He is adorable! We will be on the late shift in the Merry-Go-Round area.

Well, MaryBeth never goes to the zoo without going on the merry-go-round. About what time would you be there?

George is going to be wearing a somewhat themed t-shirt from the now gone Gloria Cafe (RIP Harold).

"Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler"

Let the Good Times Roll! (or Roar as the theme suggests).

Also has a big crawdad (or mudbug depending on where you are from) on the back.

Think we might have a Cruise Critic ballcap hanging around somewhere. We'll check.

Hope to see you there.

George & MaryBeth

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post my thanks once more. I have secured a room at the Hampton downtown for two nights and did a priceline for another night (got the Sheraton on St. Clair for just $36!). At this time, I am considering doing pricieline for the other two nights and dropping the Hampton.

I will do some mapping out for the Handel's.

Appreciate all the posts and help with hotel locations.

Nancy

Nancy - Have a great time in Cleveland. Let us know how you enjoyed your trip when you get home, as well as what you saw in addition to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Sometimes it takes a visitor to find something new for locals to do! Have fun!

Archived