All inclusive resort or day pass in Belize?

Kajunswty

Tried the search feature but it keeps bringing up roll calls. Does anyone know of an all inclusive resort with a nice pool? Not interested in cave tubing or snorkeling this trip (have done both before in Belize)

Tried the search feature but it keeps bringing up roll calls. Does anyone know of an all inclusive resort with a nice pool? Not interested in cave tubing or snorkeling this trip (have done both before in Belize)

Nope. Sorry. Nada. No AI. No resorts with nice pools. No beach on the mainland (see below). Over in San Pedro, perhaps, but you'll need to take the water taxi over and back (about 2 hours out of your day and you'll need to be sure to take a return water taxi that leaves about 2 hours or more before your ship's sailing time so you can catch the last tender back to your ship. For a beach you need to either take an excursion to Bannister Cay or Goeff's Cay (if they still do that one).

There is a man made beach, Cucumber Beach, on Old Belize, about a 20 minute taxi ride from the pier. It's not lushious or fancy, but there is a water slide and some kayaks. It's set up for locals. Google Old Belize or Cucumber beach for information.

Wow....thanks for the info, disappointing! Have to figure out a plan B. I know we don't want a cruise line excursion. Hummm

Thanks again :)

As much as you had rather not, your best option may be to book an excursion thru Carnival. :o

LuLu

~~~~

Tendering the last two times with CCL excursion was such a pain, it was a hectic start to the day (even though we're platinum couldn't find anyone who knew about the priority tender)

I think we'll stay away from carnival sponsored and book a vendor that way we can just get on the tender instead of waiting for carnival to "organize" us. Back to the drawing board lol

You can get a day pass for teh Princess Hotel for about 7 or 8 dollars each to use the pool. I haven't been there in a few years but it used to be a nice, huge pool.

thanks again for the post....the reviews aren't great but its something LOL

i found Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina on tripadvisor...contacted them via facebook, i'll update when i hear back from them

Yes been to the radisson also- Princess hotel is far better. We actually went to both in the same day- we went tot he radisson for a couple of hours nad got a cab to princess for the rest of the day. So maybe thats a thought to do both.

Please let me know how it went, we are returning to Belize in Augst and were thinking of going back to the Princess

Thanks! Lol we'll be there in August too so we may be there at the same time. We'll be there on the 22nd.

I contacted several resorts via FB and several said they do allow cruise guests to use their pool. I'll post the replies so maybe it'll save someone else from having to do the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Christmas, we're on the same ship....I remember you from the roll call. I need to post the replies I received from the resorts. We have yet to pick one. My mom just booked yesterday but they are looking to sight see and shop. We just want a relaxing day sipping drinks by the pool.

Just a thought, have you thought about Bannister Island? You can do this by booking with your cruise ship (I know not what you were wanting to do) but there is an advantage to it. They pick you up directly from the cruise ship and take you to the island and return you to the ship. No need for tendering to the port and then leaving and back again. I normally don't book using the ship sponsored tours, but found this to be an advantage in Belize. Also, when you are booked with the cruise ship to Bannister, your trip leaves at a certain time, so no worries about those lines waiting for a tender.

While there's not a pool there, it is a sandy beach island with the ocean all around you. Some enjoy it and others don't. We had a good day there and the place is loaded with star fish.

I have a complete review of it in my signature line and it is LOADED with tons of pictures from that day.

Just a thought... :)

We are looking at "Bacab Eco Park Escape" in Belize through Carnival. The pool looks nice & there are good reviews on tripadviser. Its a "new" excursion so no carnival reviews yet. Even with the direct tender, Bannister Island just doesn't look great to me. All suggestions appreciated. Last time we we just stayed on the ship.

Thanks! Lol we'll be there in August too so we may be there at the same time. We'll be there on the 22nd.

I contacted several resorts via FB and several said they do allow cruise guests to use their pool. I'll post the replies so maybe it'll save someone else from having to do the same

I look forward to your post!

We won't be there until next August LOL but I am already researching now!

You will save me a few steps for sure!!

no luck with finding a resort / pool nearby so we switched gears and started checking into the beer tour (a. air conditioned / b. beer!) we've done similar tours in other ports and its a fun time. during my searching for belkin beer tours i found that theres a rum distillery in belize city. we may end up doing that just because its nearby and we can go at our own pace.

the two resorts that contacted me that allowed guest to have access to their pool were the Radisson Fort George Hotel & the Princess hotel that was previously mentioned. The Radisson looks kinda rough LOL We might check out the princess hotel after the beer tour. I really don't want to stay onboard which is what hubby wants to do.

also...if anyone is a chocolate lover like me you have to checkout moho chocolate factory. they have chocolate everything! http://www.mohochocolate.com/

Belize has not developed a real tourist economy yet. I think some of the problems is with cruise ships and the tendering. There are not many good hotels. So, I think that has hurt the land tours. We have done both.

I say that knowing the improvements made over the last few year. It is much better than the first time we were there in 2002. Then we only took a tour around Belize City. The government center had already left for Belmopan. But to experience some of the cultural without the tourist influence was nice.

Our trip last year we were going to stay a night in Belize City, but there just was not what we would consider a decent hotel that we could find. So, we went on to San Pedro.

We also went to Placencia and there are acceptable hotels there. Some are very nice. They have build a new dock to encourage Cruise ships to tender there and I understand that NCL just bought a small island about three miles offshore. With all the problems in the past in Belize City this may become the tourist spot of Belize.

Archived