Club O2 Age Question

pcmom10

How strictly does Carnival enforce the age requirements for Club O2? My youngest DS is 14 but will turn 15 about a month after we cruise. Will they allow him to attend Club O2? He is already 6'2" so from a size perspective will definitely fit in better with the older group. He's a pretty social kid so would be nice for him to meet others. I saw on another thread about kids meeting each other on the sports courts (basketball), so I'll encourage him to do that as well.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Is he already in high school? If so does he have a school ID to prove it. I have heard that they will usually let kids who are already in high school be in with the older kids but I haven't actually experienced this so can't be 100% sure.

Is he already in high school? If so does he have a school ID to prove it. I have heard that they will usually let kids who are already in high school be in with the older kids but I haven't actually experienced this so can't be 100% sure.

He'll be starting high school in the Fall so no high school id yet. I might could get a letter/email from his counselor thought if that would help.

I had this exact situation a few years ago on Paradise when it was out of LA. Cruise was middle of May, son turned 15 end of June. He was at least 6' (He topped out at 6'3"). His older (but shorter) brother was in O2. Tim was pretty mature for his age. He went and asked. They told him yes. And he did fit in well with that age group.

But I hear it depends on the O2 director, the kid, and the number of kids in each program. Good luck!

Simply go to the Club O2 and ask (nicely....you would be surprised at the "demands" they get) and unless they are already above capacity, many times the answer is yes.

Sometimes the counsleors will do a trial. If it works out then they get to stay. Depends on all the factors mentioned above and the maturity level of the child.

I was allowed into Club O2 at 14, almost 15, and I had just finished up my freshman year of high school, my brother will be in the same situation on our upcoming cruise. I would assume they would, just make sure you don't sign up for another club online or at all.

I had this exact situation a few years ago on Paradise when it was out of LA. Cruise was middle of May, son turned 15 end of June. He was at least 6' (He topped out at 6'3"). His older (but shorter) brother was in O2. Tim was pretty mature for his age. He went and asked. They told him yes. And he did fit in well with that age group.

But I hear it depends on the O2 director, the kid, and the number of kids in each program. Good luck!

Our kids sound similar. My middle son will be in O2 but is shorter than his younger brother. My youngest is more mature than his older brother and I think will be better off with the older kids.

When's the best time to talk with the O2 director, during the orientation where you fill out all the forms?

I was allowed into Club O2 at 14, almost 15, and I had just finished up my freshman year of high school, my brother will be in the same situation on our upcoming cruise. I would assume they would, just make sure you don't sign up for another club online or at all.

Thanks for the tip about not signing up online! I see that you are going on the Freedom in July for your Graduation cruise. Congratulations! And take good care of the Freedom because I will be on getting on the boat when you get off :D

Our kids sound similar. My middle son will be in O2 but is shorter than his younger brother. My youngest is more mature than his older brother and I think will be better off with the older kids.

When's the best time to talk with the O2 director, during the orientation where you fill out all the forms?

My kids went to O2 as soon as we boarded. The director was there. I read on here to let the kids go, not to go myself. That's hard for a mother to hear! :o But it worked in this case.

Signing up online has nothing to do with it. The counselors are given a manifest list of everyone onboard with their birthdays - just a list of the kids for their club. So the O2 counselor has a list of15-17 yr olds and they check you off that list. They know that there is for example 300 kids (15-17) but 50 come first night. The age breakout helps them organize alternate locations for large groups of kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived