Question on Transfer from Monaco to Nice

eleang

Hello! We are booked for our first Azamara cruise for this coming July, our voyage starts in Barcelona and ends in Monaco, we bought round trip flights to Barcelona, so after our cruise we are coming back to Barcelona to spend three more days in that wonderful city.

Here are my questions:

-We are considering an early flight out of Nice (10:45am), is this too early? will we have time to arrive at the airport? the other flight choice will be 7:40pm

-What is the best way to transfer to Nice Airport, Azamara offers a transfer but your flight can not be earlier than 1:00pm. Have you use any company for private transfers in Monaco that you can recommend?

-Does Azamara offers breakfast on debarkation day ? Room service?

-Usually by what time you are off the ship?

Thank you all in advance for any advice.

Elena

The fastest way from Monaco to Nice is by helicopter: only 7 minutes !

Cost is about 100.- euro each

Just google:" helicopter monaco nice" and you'll get several companies

Breakfast is always offered on desembarkation day and usually also room service

You can have a very early disembarkation (around 7.30) if you carry your own luggage

Breakfast is offered on debarkation day. We took Azamara's bus transfer to the Nice airport and it went quite smoothly and we were at the airport by 9:30 am but our flight wasn't due to leave until 2:45 pm so we had to wait at the airport until 12:45 before we could check in with our luggage. Seating in the departure terminal was extremely limited so it was less than a comfortable wait. Not sure how much a taxi or private transfer from the pier in Monaco to the Nice airport would cost, but you might want to check it out. Azamara's earliest transfers might get you to the airport with time to spare but if they hold strictly to that flight time requirement, you are out of luck. Perhaps someone else has a better solution.

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. It turned out they did offer an earlier transfer for purchase once onboard but I didn't want to rely on "maybe" being able to get one. I was told they don't always offer it.

I second the helicopter recommendation. It was so easy and fun. I considered it the last shore excursion of my cruise. I was even able to check in my luggage at the heliport. You get there in seven minutes and they let you in the back door of the airport.

The transfer from the ship to the heliport is included in the price.

Hello! We are booked for our first Azamara cruise for this coming July, our voyage starts in Barcelona and ends in Monaco, we bought round trip flights to Barcelona, so after our cruise we are coming back to Barcelona to spend three more days in that wonderful city.

Here are my questions:

-We are considering an early flight out of Nice (10:45am), is this too early? will we have time to arrive at the airport? the other flight choice will be 7:40pm

-What is the best way to transfer to Nice Airport, Azamara offers a transfer but your flight can not be earlier than 1:00pm. Have you use any company for private transfers in Monaco that you can recommend?

I've done your transfer in reverse--but from a pre-cruise hotel rather than the airport in Nice to the ship in Monaco. We just took a cab--about 75 euros, as I recall.

Thank you all for your answers!!!

The reason why we wanted the early flight is to get earlier to Barcelona and enjoy the day, rather than spending the whole day traveling, transfer/airport/waiting. The helicopter sounds tempting, only con we are a group of seven so the cost is times seven.... still a few more days to make a final decision!..

(I love the idea of helicopter transfer = final shore excursion! )

Thanks again,

Ele

• 7 months later...

Disembarkation will start at 7:30 latest but probably even earlier given that there will be no Immigration and Customs. This means you can be in a private car at 8 am and at the airport at 8:30 am. A 10:45 am flight is fine. On a cruise I did, we got to Monte Carlo at 6 am. I was of the ship at 6:30 am, in a car at 6:45 am and at Nice airport at 7:15 am. Small ship advantage.

F

For reliable private transfer use "Revelation Tours " http://www.revelation-tours.com/ reasonably priced. Private pick ups are allowed right into the dock.

What's the hurry, Barcelona is great but this is the French Riviera. Make some stops in Eze, St Paul du Vence, Villefranche or Cap Ferat it is stunningly beautiful.

A beautiful scenic drive from Monte Carlo to Nice along the coast or through the mountains.

Edited by koalapanda