Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Lloyd - Thanks for sharing these. She looks good and we thank her for being around in Hall 6 and allowing us to get a peak at Quantum.

Is that ice in the water on the first photo?

Yup. -7° C when photo was taken.

She's on the Port NY webcam:

http://www.portnywebcam.com/

Some day that will be the Quantum of the Seas (at a different port of course)...

Edited by Lloyd555

The latest webcam shot looks great, but for the viewable area, she's mostly done. It'll be difficult to see when the rest of her falls into place.

Unfortunately, most of her secrets to be revealed are on the interior, not the outside.

Perhaps that's why they let the information on the Oasis go so quickly.

Because you would know what was coming just by looking at her from the outside. She's completely exposed

With the Quantum class, everything that you want to know is under wraps and Royal Caribbean can control what you see and don't see.

:(

Seeing the Seaplex take shape it is certainly an ominous looking shape on top of the ship. As she comes together more and more it's becoming more obvious just how unique of a ship she really is, especially for the Royal Caribbean fleet. Just look at how much structure there is. You can already see the FlowRider on her and the RipCord area is tiny, most space up top is enclosed compared to the massive sports and pool decks we're used to seeing. It'll be more interesting as they get forward to all of that enclosed pool area.

Seeing the Seaplex take shape it is certainly an ominous looking shape on top of the ship. As she comes together more and more it's becoming more obvious just how unique of a ship she really is, especially for the Royal Caribbean fleet. Just look at how much structure there is. You can already see the FlowRider on her and the RipCord area is tiny, most space up top is enclosed compared to the massive sports and pool decks we're used to seeing. It'll be more interesting as they get forward to all of that enclosed pool area.

I think one of the most striking features are those struts that come down at the back and then are mirrored within Two70 - looks really cool

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That beige area behind the end of the crane... Is that the actual rock wall or something covering it?

2014_01_27_H6_W466.jpg

That's the actual wall. In all the concept art it looks like they are taking some kind of weird modern art looking take on the wall this time.

That's the actual wall. In all the concept art it looks like they are taking some kind of weird modern art looking take on the wall this time.

Interesting...

They also have the Flowrider installed as well.

Edited by G85 SS

Interesting...

They also have the Flowrider installed as well.

Yup. It's installation is probably looking sort of like the Navigator of the Seas' FlowRider fitting during it's dry dock in Freeport.

BembgHvCMAAnteL-750x400.jpg

Photo from Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Lloyd555

Very much so.

It looks like Quantum will have some sort of bleacher style seating on the aft of the ship facing the flowrider instead of to the sides. At least it sure as heck looks like bleacher seating there on Quantum.

I wonder if Navigator will as well?

Very much so.

It looks like Quantum will have some sort of bleacher style seating on the aft of the ship facing the flowrider instead of to the sides. At least it sure as heck looks like bleacher seating there on Quantum.

I wonder if Navigator will as well?

Good point. I wonder how long before this part of the build will look more like the rendering? Hope the next set of photos of the ship from Royal Caribbean show close-ups of this area, including the Windjammer(?) outside area below the FlowRider. Sure hope it's the Windjammer in that spot! Just like on the Radiance class.

Quantum-of-the-seas-flowrider.jpg

AreabehinfiFly_zpse8808c0e.png

I remember this photo from another post in one of the Countdown to the Quantum of the Seas threads.

8164657432_5970d39865_z.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

I remember this photo from another post in one of the Countdown to the Quantum of the Seas threads.

That is a beautiful photo.

I must say, that was by far, one of my most favorite things about Brilliance of the Seas. Sitting out side to eat breakfast looking out over the wake of the ship was a wonderful experience.

I do wish more ships offered outside dining like this and from the looks of it, the Quantum Class will deliver that want. I will be on Anthem of the Seas when it calls to Port Everglades.

Hopefully not too much longer.

I would say within a month we may see RipCord installed.

I don't think so. At this point we're seeing her built up in front, behind, and even partially on the sides of where RipCord goes. I'm pretty sure the installation will be a single structure and the height of it seems very close to the height of the funnel which can't be installed in the shed. I think RipCord will be delivered and installed once she is floated out of the building.

I don't think so. At this point we're seeing her built up in front, behind, and even partially on the sides of where RipCord goes. I'm pretty sure the installation will be a single structure and the height of it seems very close to the height of the funnel which can't be installed in the shed. I think RipCord will be delivered and installed once she is floated out of the building.

Interesting point. That didn't even cross my mind.

Good point. I wonder how long before this part of the build will look more like the rendering? Hope the next set of photos of the ship from Royal Caribbean show close-ups of this area, including the Windjammer(?) outside area below the FlowRider. Sure hope it's the Windjammer in that spot! Just like on the Radiance class.

That second image of the Windjammer is pretty cool