UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

I find it odd that people care to know who the cruise director is ahead of time, I couldn't tell you who was the cruise director was really on any cruise I've been on. I feel the cruise director is an old time thing like traditional dining, not really needed in modern cruising.

I for one don't book a cruise because of who the CD or Activity Manager will be -- but if I have had a good experience with someone and find out that they will be on a cruise that I am going on.....that would be nice.

A cruise director or activity manager will not cause me to have a bad cruise, in any way.....but the surely can have an impact on me having a better cruise.

I don't consider a CD an "old time thing" just as I don't consider "traditional dining" and old time thing.......even with all of the things to do onboard (flowrider, rock climbing wall, shows etc), it is the 'attitude and energy' that the Entertainment staff has that starts with the CD, that can add to the fun of a cruise.

If you participate in any activities while cruising and do not cruise in a little bubble (which is OK too if you choose) then you have exposure to the CD and their staff. Hence...

If I have had a good experience with someone and find out that they will be on a cruise that I am going on.....that would be nice.

....they surely can have an impact on me having a better cruise....

...the 'attitude and energy' that the Entertainment staff has that starts with the CD, that can add to the fun of a cruise....

6997a18247533505b499066f00be9c1e.jpg

Edited by Pack My Bags

Adventure OTS - Mercedes LaFuente began November 23 for 4 months . then who?

Allure OTS - Joff Eaton from January 18 until March 1. (Who is filling in March 1 until April 19? Jerome Sueur will do all of the European cruises (April 19 thru Oct 25) since he is fluent in 5 languages. He is the new regular CD on Allure until further notice.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Rob McNally began on December 16 until March 9, then Clo O'Connor returns on March 9.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 19 until March 13. Who will be covering Marc's paternity leave March 13 through April 17? Marc returns from paternity leave on April 17 until May 18. Who is covering Marc's vacation May 18 through July 13? Jamie Fentimore? Marc returns from his vacation on July 13.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned Nov 1st until the ship enters drydock on March 8. When the ship returns to service on April 24, Keith Williams will be the CD. (Leigh has been reassigned to Indy).

Freedom OTS - Casey Peltier from February 1 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Dan Whitney from February 3 until April 28. Mitch Merucci will return from his break on April 28 for 4 months..

Independence OTS - Ricky Matthews February 22 through April 11, then Leigh Xuereb begins on April 11 for 4 months. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started January 17 until March 14, then John Blair starts on March 14 for a 2 month fill-in to cover Elvis' break, then Elvis Pinto begins in mid-May (former activities manager who has been promoted to CD,

Legend OTS - Paul Rutter started January 16

Liberty OTS Dru Pavlov started February 14 for 2 months. Luke Aerowsmith will return in mid-April.

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started January 30

Mariner OTS - Ken Jones started November 27 until April(then who?)

Navigator OTS - John Perry started November 16 until March. He will be returning for another 4 month contract in May. *exact dates?* Who will be covering John's break from March through May?

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 24 through May 23, then Ricky Matthews returns May 23 through July 25

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush beginning Jan 23 to fill-in until Jimmy Rhodes returns from his break need date) Dennis Charles is moving over to Quantum, presumably to alternate with Jimmy in the future.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx 4 months, then who? (Paul Rutter?)

Rhapsody OTS - Tim Connor from January 28 through March 29. Graham Seymour will return from his break on March 29 through early August.

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau started Feb 21 for a 2 month fill-in.

Splendour OTS - Michelle Pimentinha for the Brazilian season. Bobby Brown's next contract is on Splendour (need dates)

Vision OTS - Steve Davis from December 12 until April 11, then who?

Voyager OTS - Chris Brown (former activities manager) started December 7th until ship returns to Singapore in mid-March.

Carly Boileau has semi-retired, but will return as a fill-in CD from time-to-time

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.

Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Where is Warren Allen? (aka Warren Melhuish)

Can anyone find out:

Adventure: When does Mercedes break begin? To whom will she be handing over CD duties? Will she be returning to the ship?

Allure: Who will be CD after Joff leaves on March 1?

Enchantment: Who is covering Marc's paternity leave beginning March 13?

Navigator: When does John's break begin, and who will be filling in?

Quantum: Is Ken still CD? When does Jimmy return from his break? For how long? How will Dennis fit into the schedule?

Radiance: When does Amy's break begin, and who will be filling-in?

Just returned from our cruise on AOS...the CD is Tino Carrillo Lopez. He's a young, energetic guy.
AOS? Adventure? Allure? Anthem?

It's Adventure, and he is the Activities Manager who was filling in as CD for one week only so the regular CD could attend the conference. I had him on last week's list, but Mercedes is back now, and he returned to the AM position.

I agree...he was on the activities staff on our Quantum cruise, and he was great! He does a fabulous Michael Jackson impersonation!

Edited by DonnaK

AOS? Adventure? Allure? Anthem?

It's Adventure

Donna,

I actually knew what was meant, but I wish posters would either spell out the ship's name or use the "official" abbreviations. It seems to be more prevalent with EN and EX and somewhat more ambiguous, especially now when they are both deployed from PCN.

Soapbox off now. :eek:

Donna,

I actually knew what was meant, but I wish posters would either spell out the ship's name or use the "official" abbreviations. It seems to be more prevalent with EN and EX and somewhat more ambiguous, especially now when they are both deployed from PCN.

Soapbox off now. :eek:

LOL Beth. I agree that we all need to use the official two letter abbreviations to avoid confusion. (If I were paying closer attention, I would have realized that you were the poster, and you surely knew)

I also wish posters would look back a page or two before posting. Then I wouldn't have to repeat myself so much!

I know that Joff Eaton with be the regular CD on Anthem but does anyone know when he will be on holiday. We are booked on the 28th September Canaries cruise and am hoping he is on board.

Hard to say. It depends on when he starts on Anthem (he should be reporting early to prepare for its take out). He generally does 4 months on, followed by a 2 month break.

I know that Joff Eaton with be the regular CD on Anthem but does anyone know when he will be on holiday. We are booked on the 28th September Canaries cruise and am hoping he is on board.

I spoke to Joff recently, he said he gets on the Anthem 18th March and will be off either 1st or 15th September [emoji53]

Great info, thanks! (WOW - After completing 6 weeks on Allure, he is taking only a 2 week break before beginning a long 6 month contract on Anthem. Hard-working, busy guy!)

I spoke to Joff recently, he said he gets on the Anthem 18th March and will be off either 1st or 15th September [emoji53]

Allure OTS - Joff Eaton from January 18 until March 1. (Who is filling in March 1 until April 19? Jerome Sueur will do all of the European cruises (April 19 thru Oct 25) since he is fluent in 5 languages. He is the new regular CD on Allure until further notice.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton joins the ship on March 18 until September 1 or 15. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Rob McNally began on December 16 until March 9, then Clo O'Connor returns on March 9.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 19 until March 13. Who will be covering Marc's paternity leave March 13 through April 17? Marc returns from paternity leave on April 17 until May 18. Who is covering Marc's vacation May 18 through July 13? Jamie Fentimore? Marc returns from his vacation on July 13.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned Nov 1st until the ship enters drydock on March 8. When the ship returns to service on April 24, Keith Williams will be the CD. (Leigh has been reassigned to Indy).

Grandeur OTS - Dan Whitney from February 3 until April 28. Mitch Merucci will return from his break on April 28 for 4 months..

Independence OTS - Ricky Matthews February 22 through April 11, then Leigh Xuereb begins on April 11 for 4 months. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started January 17 until March 14, then John Blair starts on March 14 for a 2 month fill-in to cover Elvis' break, then Elvis Pinto begins in mid-May (former activities manager who has been promoted to CD,

Liberty OTS Dru Pavlov started February 14 for 2 months. Luke Aerowsmith will return in mid-April.

Navigator OTS - John Perry started November 16 until March. He will be returning for another 4 month contract in May. *exact dates?* Who will be covering John's break from March through May?

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 24 through May 23, then Ricky Matthews returns May 23 through July 25

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush beginning Jan 23 to fill-in until Jimmy Rhodes returns from his break need date) Dennis Charles is moving over to Quantum, presumably to alternate with Jimmy in the future.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx 4 months, then who? (Paul Rutter?)

Rhapsody OTS - Tim Connor from January 28 through March 29. Graham Seymour will return from his break on March 29 through early August.

Splendour OTS - Michelle Pimentinha for the Brazilian season. Bobby Brown's next contract is on Splendour (need dates)

Voyager OTS - Chris Brown (former activities manager) started December 7th until ship returns to Singapore in mid-March.

Carly Boileau has semi-retired, but will return as a fill-in CD from time-to-time

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.

Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Edited by DonnaK

I was on the Brilliance 2/14-19 and our CD was Chris Hopkins. Didn't read up enough to see if he was permanent or filling in. Either way, he was great. We sailed with him and Richard Spacey on the Explorer a few years back and they were a great combo. :D

I was on the Brilliance 2/14-19 and our CD was Chris Hopkins. Didn't read up enough to see if he was permanent or filling in. Either way, he was great. We sailed with him and Richard Spacey on the Explorer a few years back and they were a great combo. :D

Thank you! (That was the conference week, so he was just filling in. According to Paulette's activities manager list, he has since gone on his break)

Edited by DonnaK

Does anyone have any news on how Rich Edwards is doing and when he will be back? We were really hoping he would make back on the Grandeur for our April 10 sailing, but it looks like we will be out of luck, but we hope he is doing okay.

Can anyone find out:

Adventure: When does Mercedes break begin? To whom will she be handing over CD duties? Will she be returning to the ship?

Allure: Who will be CD after Joff leaves on March 1?

Enchantment: Who is covering Marc's paternity leave beginning March 13?

Navigator: When does John's break begin, and who will be filling in?

Quantum: Is Ken still CD? When does Jimmy return from his break? For how long? How will Dennis fit into the schedule?

Radiance: When does Amy's break begin, and who will be filling-in?

Ken Rush is still cruise director on Quantum and Jimmy is returning soon I will try to find out date from him! And then what the plan is for his replacement for his next vacation.

Ken Rush is still cruise director on Quantum and Jimmy is returning soon I will try to find out date from him! And then what the plan is for his replacement for his next vacation.
Jimmy Rhodes will return on March 29th and will be prepping ship for Asia which sails May 2nd, He will remain on the ship for 4 months from what I understand 4 months after May 2nd.

I hadn't seen where that was official, but I'd look forward to sailing with him again, will have to see what Royal puts back in San Juan come Spring of 2016. (if he stays in that area)

Jimmy Rhodes will return on March 29th and will be prepping ship for Asia which sails May 2nd, He will remain on the ship for 4 months from what I understand 4 months after May 2nd.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton joins the ship on March 18 until September 1 or 15. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush beginning Jan 23 until March 29. Jimmy Rhodes returns from his break on March 29. Dennis Charles is moving over to Quantum, presumably to alternate with Jimmy in the future.

I hadn't seen where that was official, but I'd look forward to sailing with him again, will have to see what Royal puts back in San Juan come Spring of 2016. (if he stays in that area)

Bill, Dennis Charles announced that Elvis was promoted and would return to the ship after his break as the new CD of the ship. Dennis also announced that he was going over the Quantum.

Any word on who will be taking over CD duties from Joff on Allure this weekend?

Who will be covering Marc's paternity leave on Enchantment beginning March 13?

Who will be taking over CD duties from Amy on Radiance next week?

Edited by DonnaK