UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Just off the Explorer and could not find out who the new CD is. Leigh is currently not on the boat and his dates on the Indy changed to May 10th through Sept 8th. The CD staff was unsure who was showing up as off yesterday and most of the CD staff was leaving the boat today so it was hard to get information.

Thank you! I will definitely be looking at a cruise on Indy this summer!!!

Adventure OTS - Bobby Brown began on March 1 for 2 months (then who? Mercedes?)

Allure OTS - Jerome Sueur began March 1 (will he be CD for all of the European cruises thru Oct 25?)

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton joins the ship on March 18 until September 1 or 15. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Rob McNally began on December 16 until March 9, then Clo O'Connor returns on March 9.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 19 until March 13. ] Who will be covering Marc's paternity leave March 13 through April 17? [/b]Marc returns from paternity leave on April 17 until May 18. Who is covering Marc's vacation May 18 through July 13? Jamie Fentimore? Marc returns from his vacation on July 13.

Explorer OTS - The ship is in dry dock. Who will be CD when the ship returns to service on April 24? (Keith Williams has been reassigned to Legend and Leigh Xuereb has been reassigned to Indy).

Freedom OTS - Casey Peltier from February 1 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Dan Whitney from February 3 until April 28. Mitch Merucci will return from his break on April 28 for 4 months..

Independence OTS - Ricky Matthews February 22 through May 10 then Leigh Xuereb begins on May 10through September 8. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started January 17 until March 14, then John Blair starts on March 14 for a 2 month fill-in to cover Elvis' break, then Elvis Pinto begins in mid-May

Legend OTS - Paul Rutter started January 16 thru March 30, then Keith Williams

Liberty OTS Dru Pavlov started February 14 for 2 months. Luke Aerowsmith will return in mid-April.

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started January 30

Mariner OTS - Ken Jones started November 27 until April(then who?)

Navigator OTS - John Perry started November 16 until mid-March. He will be returning for another 4 month contract in May. (exact dates? Who will be covering John's break from March through May?)

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 24 through May 23, then Ricky Matthews returns May 23 through July 25

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush beginning Jan 23 until March 29. Jimmy Rhodes returns from his break on March 29. Dennis Charles is moving over to Quantum, presumably to alternate with Jimmy in the future.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx 4 months, then who? (Paul Rutter?)

Rhapsody OTS - Tim Connor from January 28 through March 29. Graham Seymour will return from his break on March 29 through early August.

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau started Feb 21 for a 2 month fill-in.

Splendour OTS - Michelle Pimentinha for the Brazilian season.

Vision OTS - Steve Davis from December 12 until April 11, then who?

Voyager OTS - Chris Brown (former activities manager) started December 7th until ship returns to Singapore in mid-March then Lixin Fang

Carly Boileau has semi-retired, but will return as a fill-in CD from time-to-time

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.

Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Where is Warren Allen? (aka Warren Melhuish)

Just off the Radiance and the current CD is Gurpreet "Sunny" Singh. I am not aware for how long but was lead to believe he has just started his rotation

Robyn

Thank you for the info. When exactly was your cruise? Could it be that Sunny is really the Activities Manager who stepped up to the CD position for a sailing or two while the regular CD attended the conference in Miami in February?

I ask because the name is new to this list.

Amy is due for her break, so it is possible that he is a new CD doing the 2 month fill-in until Amy returns.

Thank you for the info. When exactly was your cruise? Could it be that Sunny is really the Activities Manager who stepped up to the CD position for a sailing or two while the regular CD attended the conference in Miami in February?

I ask because the name is new to this list.

Amy is due for her break, so it is possible that he is a new CD doing the 2 month fill-in until Amy returns.

I think you're right. Robynwally has February 12 in her signature and is on that roll call.

Roy

Hi I just got a email from Mercedes she will going to the explorer on April 24

Since you have a personal communication with her, perhaps you could ask her if she knows who will be the Activity Manager on board the Explorer with her on April 24 and then post it in the thread I have about Activity Managers at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2158014.

All information is appreciated.

Thanks

Adventure OTS - Bobby Brown began on March 1 for 2 months (then who?)

Allure OTS - Jerome Sueur began March 1 (will he be CD for all of the European cruises thru Oct 25?)

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton joins the ship on March 18 until September 1 or 15. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Rob McNally began on December 16 until March 9, then Clo O'Connor returns on March 9.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 19 until March 13. ] Who will be covering Marc's paternity leave March 13 through April 17? [/b]Marc returns from paternity leave on April 17 until May 18. Who is covering Marc's vacation May 18 through July 13? Jamie Fentimore? Marc returns from his vacation on July 13.

Explorer OTS - The ship is in dry dock. Mercedes Lafuente will be CD when the ship returns to service on April 24 (Keith Williams has been reassigned to Legend and Leigh Xuereb has been reassigned to Indy).

Grandeur OTS - Dan Whitney from February 3 until April 28. Mitch Merucci will return from his break on April 28 for 4 months..

Independence OTS - Ricky Matthews February 22 through May 10 then Leigh Xuereb begins on May 10through September 8. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started January 17 until March 14, then John Blair starts on March 14 for a 2 month fill-in to cover Elvis' break, then Elvis Pinto begins in mid-May

Liberty OTS Dru Pavlov started February 14 for 2 months. Luke Aerowsmith will return in mid-April.

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started January 30

Mariner OTS - Ken Jones started November 27 until April(then who?)

Navigator OTS - John Perry started November 16 until mid-March. He will be returning for another 4 month contract in May. (exact dates? Who will be covering John's break from March through May?)

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine January 24 through May 23, then Ricky Matthews returns May 23 through July 25

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush beginning Jan 23 until March 29. Jimmy Rhodes returns from his break on March 29. Dennis Charles is moving over to Quantum, presumably to alternate with Jimmy in the future.

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx 4 months, then who? need exact dates

Rhapsody OTS - Tim Connor from January 28 through March 29. Graham Seymour will return from his break on March 29 through early August.

Voyager OTS - Chris Brown (former activities manager) started December 7th until ship returns to Singapore in mid-March then Lixin Fang

Carly Boileau has semi-retired, but will return as a fill-in CD from time-to-time

Rich Edwards is currently recovering from surgery and resting at home. He will be returning in April 2015.

Allan Brooks left Royal Caribbean to take a position in Celebrity corporate office.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners and sometimes works onboard as the port and shopping guide

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Just off the Radiance and the current CD is Gurpreet "Sunny" Singh. I am not aware for how long but was lead to believe he has just started his rotation

Robyn

sure hope this is for a very short time and an experienced CD is on board for the alaska season.

If not, we'll be VERY disappointed!!

Edited by alaska_planner

sure hope this is for a very short time and an experienced CD is on board for the alaska season.

I hope you don't mind, I am a little curious and have a genuine quick question (hope nobody minds). There have been a lot of discussions in the past regarding the importance of a CD during the cruise and how they influence a cruise experience. For me, I never pay them much attention but I appreciate how hard they work. You said you want an experienced CD on the ship but can I ask why? Honestly, I promise I am not being rude, I am genuinely curious about their role in enhancing an Alaska cruise as I will be on one in a few months :) I had honestly not given any thought to it and thought that given longer port days, very early starts and the scenery, their role was not as 'high-profile' as say in the Caribbean. Thanks :)

I hope you don't mind, I am a little curious and have a genuine quick question (hope nobody minds). There have been a lot of discussions in the past regarding the importance of a CD during the cruise and how they influence a cruise experience. For me, I never pay them much attention but I appreciate how hard they work. You said you want an experienced CD on the ship but can I ask why? Honestly, I promise I am not being rude, I am genuinely curious about their role in enhancing an Alaska cruise as I will be on one in a few months :) I had honestly not given any thought to it and thought that given longer port days, very early starts and the scenery, their role was not as 'high-profile' as say in the Caribbean. Thanks :)

the CD is in charge of all the entertainment on board. He directs the Activities Manager on what activities are offered. If your cruise has no Love and Marriage game show it's because the CD decided not to schedule one. If you have no jewelry making session or scrapbooking session, it's because the CD told the AM not to schedule one. If you miss a port, it's the CD that has to come up with a revised Cruise Compass. As for Alaska, it's the CD that will get a nature interpreter on board to do those little talks about what you're seeing.

the CD is in charge of all the entertainment on board. He directs the Activities Manager on what activities are offered. If your cruise has no Love and Marriage game show it's because the CD decided not to schedule one. If you have no jewelry making session or scrapbooking session, it's because the CD told the AM not to schedule one. If you miss a port, it's the CD that has to come up with a revised Cruise Compass. As for Alaska, it's the CD that will get a nature interpreter on board to do those little talks about what you're seeing.

Thanks. I do understand what the CD/AM's job is - I get that completely - I was just curious why specifically for Alaska it was so important - the way it was put it seemed to be like it was more so than for any other itinerary. The nature interpreter makes sense, I wasn't aware it was the CD that would book that.

Thanks for answering :)

Thanks. I do understand what the CD/AM's job is - I get that completely - I was just curious why specifically for Alaska it was so important - the way it was put it seemed to be like it was more so than for any other itinerary. The nature interpreter makes sense, I wasn't aware it was the CD that would book that.

Thanks for answering :)

Because it's generally a cold/rainy weather "indoor" cruise, so instead of hanging out by the pool, there will be a lot of people looking for indoor activities to keep themselves entertained.

Adventure OTS - Bobby Brown began on March 1 for 2 months (then who?)

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor started on March 9.

Explorer OTS - The ship is in dry dock. Mercedes Lafuente is expected to be CD when the ship returns to service on April 24 (Keith Williams has been reassigned to Legend and Leigh Xuereb has been reassigned to Indy).

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started January 30 (until when? end of March? then who?)

Mariner OTS - Ken Jones started November 27 until April(exact date? then who?)

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert started November 5 for approx 4 months, then who? need exact dates

Edited by DonnaK

Can anyone help? I need these updates:

Enchantment: Who is covering Marcs paternity break beginning March 12?

Radiance: Amy's break should have started - who is the fill-in CD?

Edited by DonnaK

While Sunny did seem to struggle initially with crew interviews that he MC'd and before and after the shows he quickly became more comfortable and natural in the role. We had a great time, there was always plenty of activities scheduled and run very well even though it was a very port intensive cruise. I don't think having Sunny as the CD will affect your cruise enjoyment in any way

Robyn

a big part of my cruise experience is what i call "summer camp for adults"...

i love all the silly games and game shows....

i'll be at pretty much every trivia game, and all the things like Quest, love and marriage, the video scavenger hunt, flash mob if they have it, etc etc etc etc

it's the reason i choose royal over disney...

disney has a great product - beautiful ships, good food, great service...but they have zero activities for adults...no 'summer camp for adults"..

i don't board a ship to chill, i board a ship to have fun...

royal is pretty much on par with disney as far as the ships/service/food go...but it far surpasses disney in adult fun activities...

so i choose royal....

and the person who is responsible for what makes a cruise fun for me is the CD...he/she has overall responsibility for that....

and usually is the person who runs the bigger silly events (quest et al)..

as for alaska, you have about 8 hours in port on each of the four port days...that leaves a whole lot of time on the ship for activities...

DD and DSIL were on the radiance in alaska two years ago with Paul Rutter as the CD. They said he was a good part of why they enjoyed that cruise as much as they did. Of course they enjoyed the ports, but a cruise is a lot more than the ports.

While Sunny did seem to struggle initially with crew interviews that he MC'd and before and after the shows he quickly became more comfortable and natural in the role. We had a great time, there was always plenty of activities scheduled and run very well even though it was a very port intensive cruise. I don't think having Sunny as the CD will affect your cruise enjoyment in any way

Robyn

how'd he do with Quest? or did someone else MC it?

a big part of my cruise experience is what i call "summer camp for adults"...

i love all the silly games and game shows....

i'll be at pretty much every trivia game, and all the things like Quest, love and marriage, the video scavenger hunt, flash mob if they have it, etc etc etc etc

it's the reason i choose royal over disney...

disney has a great product - beautiful ships, good food, great service...but they have zero activities for adults...no 'summer camp for adults"..

i don't board a ship to chill, i board a ship to have fun...

royal is pretty much on par with disney as far as the ships/service/food go...but it far surpasses disney in adult fun activities...

so i choose royal....

and the person who is responsible for what makes a cruise fun for me is the CD...he/she has overall responsibility for that....

and usually is the person who runs the bigger silly events (quest et al)..

as for alaska, you have about 8 hours in port on each of the four port days...that leaves a whole lot of time on the ship for activities...

DD and DSIL were on the radiance in alaska two years ago with Paul Rutter as the CD. They said he was a good part of why they enjoyed that cruise as much as they did. Of course they enjoyed the ports, but a cruise is a lot more than the ports.

how'd he do with Quest? or did someone else MC it?

The quest was up there with the best. Sunny was the MC, Lizette assisted with the scoring. We had great fun as usual, well I did. Poor DH did his hamstring running up to do the splits, so that put and end to his fun. I really liked the way he had everyone up and dancing, haven't had that in a quest before, where everyone in the team ( DH excluded) had to get up and do a dance after every five or so "tasks" to get team points. We did the birdie dance and YMCA to name a couple. That was fun and made sure everyone was included.

There were plenty of quizzes...which I love, but we couldn't make it to all of them. Just looking at a compass from our first port day

Morning trivia 10am

Wacky Golf tournament 10am

Nintendo Wii tennis 1pm

Billiard tournament 2pm

Scavenger hunt 3pm

Movie quote quiz 4pm

We missed all of these as we were ashore

Progressive trivia was held on a number of days at 5pm

Evening quiz 8pm

Music quiz 9pm

We missed the 9pm quiz as we were going to the late show

I will be honest in that I felt he was not the most natural speaker in front of a large crowd, but there was certainly plenty to do and I feel that he planned the activities well. He was not the most comfortable CD when it came to the Love and Marriage Game show, but he still managed to make the contestants come out with some hilarious answers as well as coming up with a few unexpected comments from himself too.

Hope that helps a little in helping you be assured there is plenty to for you to do in Alaska if he is still the CD.

Let me know if you would like any further info on the activities we had organised for us on our cruise

Robyn

The quest was up there with the best. Sunny was the MC, Lizette assisted with the scoring. We had great fun as usual, well I did. Poor DH did his hamstring running up to do the splits, so that put and end to his fun. I really liked the way he had everyone up and dancing, haven't had that in a quest before, where everyone in the team ( DH excluded) had to get up and do a dance after every five or so "tasks" to get team points. We did the birdie dance and YMCA to name a couple. That was fun and made sure everyone was included.

There were plenty of quizzes...which I love, but we couldn't make it to all of them. Just looking at a compass from our first port day

Morning trivia 10am

Wacky Golf tournament 10am

Nintendo Wii tennis 1pm

Billiard tournament 2pm

Scavenger hunt 3pm

Movie quote quiz 4pm

We missed all of these as we were ashore

Progressive trivia was held on a number of days at 5pm

Evening quiz 8pm

Music quiz 9pm

We missed the 9pm quiz as we were going to the late show

I will be honest in that I felt he was not the most natural speaker in front of a large crowd, but there was certainly plenty to do and I feel that he planned the activities well. He was not the most comfortable CD when it came to the Love and Marriage Game show, but he still managed to make the contestants come out with some hilarious answers as well as coming up with a few unexpected comments from himself too.

Hope that helps a little in helping you be assured there is plenty to for you to do in Alaska if he is still the CD.

Let me know if you would like any further info on the activities we had organised for us on our cruise

Robyn

Forgot to add we also had the mens belly flop competition, womens bomb competition and the sexiest man competition. Not sure if these would go ahead in Alaska though :)