How can formal night be enhanced? Suggestions...

Canuckdoc

This is a great idea for a thread. I totally agree that Formal nights should always be made into extra-special experiences, and it's probably not difficult to pull off.

We were on one of the ships for Silversea's 10th anniversary. For one Formal Night dinner in the Restaurant, a dance floor was set up and a trio played low-key, quiet dance music (Gershwin, etc.). A very glam night that still stands out.

And they can create a menu to the standard of Le Champagne and La Terrazza, with appropriately luxe wine selections. Yes, it adds to their expense, but not that much, considering how few Formal nights are scheduled these days. In the end, offering such a different, truly elegant experience for Formal Night will greatly enhance the line's reputation.

Not on Silversea or Seabourn.

Right! I realized that after I posted, so I edited that out. You must have read my post the very second I first submitted it! (I actually did not realize it could be read immediately -- I thought I got 20 minutes to edit, so for 20 minutes the post would not be public. Silly me! Well, I learned something, anyway.)

Archived