How long at LHR?

I need to book a car service from LHR to our London hotel. We are scheduled to arrive on British Airways next Tuesday at 6:55 am. Can anyone with recent experience tell me how long it took to collect luggage and get thru customs/immigration? Can I expect to be ready to leave LHR by 8:00 am? 8:30am? Thanks.

Lynn

Depend on how many other flights get in. In terminal 5 where all the BA flights come in it can take from half an hour to an hour and a half.

Yesterday it took half an hour for my folks flight to circle heathrow for a slot then an hour for the bags to come through at 5pm which was not a busy time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I need to book a car service from LHR to our London hotel. We are scheduled to arrive on British Airways next Tuesday at 6:55 am. Can anyone with recent experience tell me how long it took to collect luggage and get thru customs/immigration? Can I expect to be ready to leave LHR by 8:00 am? 8:30am? Thanks.

Lynn

I always use Adelphi Executive hire, they monitor the arrivals and will be there when you exit your flight.

I always use Adelphi Executive hire, they monitor the arrivals and will be there when you exit your flight.

Most car companies do the same. There were lots of drivers waiting for passengers.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Most car companies do the same. There were lots of drivers waiting for passengers.

Yep.

Usually you're asked for your flight number & arrival time, not a pick-up time.

T5 generally runs smoothly, esp that time of day, and trans-Atlantics arrive early more often than late.

You'll probably clear formalities closer to 8am than 8.30

JB :)

Yep.

Usually you're asked for your flight number & arrival time, not a pick-up time.

T5 generally runs smoothly, esp that time of day, and trans-Atlantics arrive early more often than late.

You'll probably clear formalities closer to 8am than 8.30

JB :)

Thank you - that's the info I wanted! The websites I've been looking at request both flight info and pick-up time, and it sounds like they will only wait 30 minutes past the requested pick-up time before charging a fee.

Lynn

To assure you that nothing in life is certain, this is what our experience at Heathrow was two weeks ago. One friend came into Terminal 1 on United from San Francisco and breezed right through immigration and had to call the car service to come earlier as they had indicated a one hour post arrival on their confirmation form. We arrived on the same day (same time) to Terminal 4 on Delta and had a 1-1/2 hour wait. The car service called us and we told them we were on our way. Another friend came into Terminal 4 on Delta two days later and everything took only 1/2 hour. Therefore, there is no real answer. We all used BA Transfer and they were able to accommodate all of our different issues. I guess they are used to the fluid issues at Heathrow or any airport.

Janice

Archived