JFK on Delta

Georgia-boy

Has anyone landed at JFK on Delta and arrived at terminal 2. Where do you go from there? How long does it take. :confused::confused::confused:

Too vague in your post. Are you connecting or ending your journey in JFK? If connecting, is it on to a domestic or an international flight? Without those details, there's no way to answer your question.

I have flown in/out of JFK probably about 200 times. As the previous poster said, you have to give more information about your situation or no one will be able to answer your questions.

Too vague in your post. Are you connecting or ending your journey in JFK? If connecting, is it on to a domestic or an international flight? Without those details, there's no way to answer your question.

We are flying in to JFK to go on a cruise from NY. ATL to JFK

Thanks

A few more questions - what day of the week and what time are you arriving? Is it the same day as the cruise departs? Do you want to go to the cruise terminal or somewhere else?

Arriving at JFK is no different than any other airport. You arrive, get your bags (if you have checked any) and then head for ground transportation. Everything is clearly marked. To be safe allow a minimum of 1/2 hour to get your bags and be ready for the ground transport. Then how long it will take to get from the airport to your destination is a question I can't answer since that depends on so many unknown variables (your destination, time of day, weather, etc.).

You also might find more information on the "East Coast Departures" forum of the board.

No matter where you're going after you arrive, you'll have dozens of options. You can pre-arrange a pickup from a driver service, use a cab, bus or AirTrain connecting to the subway. The last one is the cheapest option, but a little hasttle when you have a lot of bags.

We are flying in to JFK to go on a cruise from NY. ATL to JFK

Thanks

1. Baggage claim, if you checked bags. Follow the signs.

2. Ground transportation, which will be near baggage claim. Follow the signs.

3. Take your chosen form of ground transportation to the cruise pier, or to your hotel if arriving a day early.

But I'm guessing you knew all that and are really trying to find out something more specific, but making us guess at what that something is. Are you really trying to find out where the cruise pier is? Or where, in the general ground transportation area, to find the cruise line shuttle? Or what other types of transportation will get you to the pier/hotel the quickest? or the cheapest?

A few more questions - what day of the week and what time are you arriving? Is it the same day as the cruise departs? Do you want to go to the cruise terminal or somewhere else?

Arriving at JFK is no different than any other airport. You arrive, get your bags (if you have checked any) and then head for ground transportation. Everything is clearly marked. To be safe allow a minimum of 1/2 hour to get your bags and be ready for the ground transport. Then how long it will take to get from the airport to your destination is a question I can't answer since that depends on so many unknown variables (your destination, time of day, weather, etc.).

You also might find more information on the "East Coast Departures" forum of the board.

Some of Deltas flights go to terminal 2, others go to terminal 4.

terminal 2 is NOT connected to any other terminal as far as I can see on the JFK airport map. They say there is a bus that will take you to terminal 4. Is there another way to get to bagage area or what.

I will arrive on a Saturday the day of the cruise, but I don't see what difference that would make as per my original question.

Thanks

:confused::confused::confused:

If you're not connecting in JFK, what difference does it make if any terminal is connected to any other terminal?

If you're flying in to T2, you'll collect your bag(s) at T2. T4 doesn't even have to exist in your mind.

Are you cruising from Manhattan or Brooklyn? That does make a difference. For Manhattan the airtrain is doable if you're not loaded with luggage. LIRR it into Manhattan then cab it to the pier. 2 is a totally navigable terminal.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Are you cruising from Manhattan or Brooklyn? That does make a difference. For Manhattan the airtrain is doable if you're not loaded with luggage. LIRR it into Manhattan then cab it to the pier. 2 is a totally navigable terminal.

What is an airtrain?

We go to Brooklyn, on Princess.

Is cab the best way to pier

so we pick up our bags and catch a cab at T2?

Thanks

What is an airtrain?

We go to Brooklyn, on Princess.

Is cab the best way to pier

so we pick up our bags and catch a cab at T2?

Thanks

Car service or seeing if Princess can do transfers is the easiest way. I'm doing a similar distance to JFK this week and booking a limo was about the same cost as a cab.

I think you want general information about ground transportation too.

As everyone has said you will claim your luggage at T2 and head to the curb for a cab or limo. I'd also recommend limo service. It's a flat rate and you won't end up "touring" Brooklyn. You can find any number of services with a simple google search. And at the same time you can arrange your transportation back to JFK after the cruise. Some services offer a round trip slightly discounted rate.

You should also find recommendations for services on the East Coast boards.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived