23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

I think this is a great attitude! We can't set ourselves up for a guilt trip, when we want to enjoy ourselves while we cruise. And Mic was right when he said that this is why we did the Lose for Cruise in the first place....so that we prepare ourselves ahead of time. I, too, have another cruise to get back on track for, so I feel that if I gain the 3 lbs or so as you mentioned, then that is doable for a post-lose loss.

Everyone did such a great job of supporting each in their endeavors and thanks again to Mic for the stats and for being the head cheerleader!

Pat :)

No probs, as you said, there is nearly always another cruise to lose for in the coming months/year.

My thoughts are that you eat and drink what you want when you want (sensibly) and do not feel guilty about it. The weight loss plan can be re-activated once off holiday and you will have all those great memories to help motivate you for the next cruise.:D

Down 4 pounds this week :confused:.

Definetely no feeling guilty about indulging onboard, I plan to indulge, indulge, indulge. Food & drink ... yum! That's half the fun of cruising! The diet can always start afterward all over again.

The stairs ... we take them as much as possible as well but I find I can only do 3 - 4 flights going up and it kills my knees and burns my quads lol.

Everyone should be proud - you all did so well! 2lbs all the way up to 17lbs!! WOW. Congratulations to all. Deanna - just glad you are feeling better. I know with your illness it's hard for you to stay in balance. Good job!

And Happy birthday Marsha!

Oh - and again I stayed the same. I think I'm just meant to weigh this much. But at least it's 85lbs less than I was 4 years ago. Praise the Lord!

San Diego is beautiful. We are enjoying it. See you all here in a week.

Betsy

Down 4 pounds this week :confused:.

Definetely no feeling guilty about indulging onboard, I plan to indulge, indulge, indulge. Food & drink ... yum! That's half the fun of cruising! The diet can always start afterward all over again.

The stairs ... we take them as much as possible as well but I find I can only do 3 - 4 flights going up and it kills my knees and burns my quads lol.

Good stuff, and now with being on the ship you can indulge til your heart's content.:D

Last official weigh in.....Lost 2 lbs this week! I am going to weigh in one last time before we head out on Sat. to see if I can meet that goal of one more pound. Hope everyone had a good week!

Well done Pat, I am sure you will get there, you can let us know on the ship. :D

Rosie and I have plateaued for the last couple of months, weight staying roughly the same but some toning going on (clothes/belts getting looser) and in some cases needing smaller sized clothes. :D

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.7Kg(6lbs);

Bagelme...............................2lbs...... .. ..........................19lbs (8.6kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Spinnychick..........................4lbs....... .. ..........................16.5lbs (7.5kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................1lbs.......... .. ........................10lbs (4.5kgs);

Marsda.................................3.6lbs..... .. ............................12.8lbs (5.8kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs........ .. ...........................13.2lbs (6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone and keep it up

cheers mic :D

Lost one more pound. I guess it is good. My goal was to lose two pounds a week and it has been closer to one, but it is better than not doing it at all, so I am happy. Maybe I can get down one more pound by Friday. Thanks Mic and all of you for the encouragement.

Nevermind, you have lost 10 pounds.:eek:

I think we have all done well, and even if the amount was minimal or not as much as we would have liked, it was still a loss. Well done everyone.:D

Everyone should be proud - you all did so well! 2lbs all the way up to 17lbs!! WOW. Congratulations to all. Deanna - just glad you are feeling better. I know with your illness it's hard for you to stay in balance. Good job!

And Happy birthday Marsha!

Oh - and again I stayed the same. I think I'm just meant to weigh this much. But at least it's 85lbs less than I was 4 years ago. Praise the Lord!

San Diego is beautiful. We are enjoying it. See you all here in a week.

Betsy

Well done as well Betsy, 8 pounds is great work. We may catch up over the weekend if you get to any of the pre-cruise activities, otherwise, see you on the ship.:D

I would just like to say well done to everyone, it has been great having all of you to keep me motivated. Thank you all.:D

If people have no objections, I will post some final results ( I know some will still be trying this week) on the Rollcall tomorrow.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Thank you, Mic, for heading this up and for your encouraging comments. :)

No problems, It was beneficial for me as well.

I will post the list on the rollcall in a couple of hours, just to give people time (to raise objetcions if they wish). cheers mic:D

• 3 weeks later...
Home to a gain of 8 pounds, thought it would be more considering all I ate and drank. Thanks to everyone for the support these past months. :D

I gained as well...as expected! I had horrible swelling of the feet and ankles the second half of the cruise. Possibly caused by the excess of salt, alcohol, and humidity?? Four weeks for me to lose the gain before my next cruise! Hope everyone had a great time...I know I did!

• 2 weeks later...
I gained, as well, as expected. I think more than I lost, but it is better than not losing. I had a terrible problem with bloating and swelling ankles, as well. Had to go buy the stockings, which did help.

Truth be told, I gained 10 lbs on the cruise, and within 3 days of returning home, I had lost 6 lbs, due to the swelling going down. I have never had it this bad before...it was quite painful. We'll see how I fare on the next cruise in a couple of weeks. I have never worn the compression stockings (altho been advised to try).

Hope you are doing well now.

Peggy and Pat, it's amazing to me that water weight comes on as fast as it does... and wonderful that when the conditions are right how quickly it goes away! I feel sure that you'll be right back on track in another few days or so. Are you guys going to continue Lose2cruise? We're looking for a cruise to do in April or early May...after tax deadline. David volunteers for AARP Taxes Assistance and helps Seniors do their taxes, so we are grounded from taking any cruises Jan - April 15. (unless I find another cruising companion :0

Then we have a transatlantic booked next August from London to Iceland to Boston. So I'm right back on Weight Watchers and exercising to lose more between now and Christmas season...then Jan to May. I should have all the weight off that I need by then if I can manage 1 lb a week as I did before. This time of year is EXTREMELY hard to manage that with all the holiday celebrating that goes on! So I'm hoping either or both of you will jump on board with me for encouragement and support. It's fine if you are not into that now that Hawaii is a thing of the past, but if you are wanting to prepare for the next cruise I think we have a good support system going on here.

Marsda, I'll gladly join in on a continued Lose to Cruise! Thankfully, I am already down to within a couple of lbs of when we started the Hawaii cruise, but I have plenty more to go in the overall picture. I have another cruise coming up in just a couple of weeks, so right now I am just kind of trying to maintain things. But I am going to be serious about trying to lose more by next May, to be ready for that Med cruise (want to join us on Equinox?).

Let's keep it goin'!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Marsda, I'll gladly join in on a continued Lose to Cruise! Thankfully, I am already down to within a couple of lbs of when we started the Hawaii cruise, but I have plenty more to go in the overall picture. I have another cruise coming up in just a couple of weeks, so right now I am just kind of trying to maintain things. But I am going to be serious about trying to lose more by next May, to be ready for that Med cruise (want to join us on Equinox?).

Let's keep it goin'!

Anyone up for a commitment to exercise of your choice 3x a week? I walk 45 min to an hour some days; other days I do a yoga/pilates workout from a DVD I have (1 hr). I think it really helps with all the walking/hiking required on the majority of shore excursions. Also, those multiple trips to the Martini Bar require a lot of steps...get in shape! I'm trying to attach a picture of "Irish Yoga" here...hope it works...

1393063_10151739931908014_481987802_n.jpg.11f1a87ee8528b229ab0807355a0d878.jpg

Since I have a cruise in Feb, as well, I would also like to stay with our Lose To Cruise group. Marsha, I will commit to the exercise program, but will start with 30 min, as I have not been exercising lately and need to work my way back in. Don't know if I will lose a pound a week while we are traveling, but anything I lose will be of benefit. Started my program on Monday so I'm in. I will try to walk tomorrow. You are a good inspiration for me.

Hello all!

How's everyone doing?

I'm having a hard time getting into the right mindset lately. I've made the mistake of being lazy with this since I'm leaving on another cruise next Sunday.

I gained two lbs this week. I should know by now that every week....no, make that every day!....counts toward your overall results.

Not going to go into full "lose mode" this week, but a little common sense goes a long way!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hello all!

How's everyone doing?

I'm having a hard time getting into the right mindset lately. I've made the mistake of being lazy with this since I'm leaving on another cruise next Sunday.

I gained two lbs this week. I should know by now that every week....no, make that every day!....counts toward your overall results.

Not going to go into full "lose mode" this week, but a little common sense goes a long way!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Pat, is there room in your day to walk around the block for 15 min in the am and 15 min in the pm? My daughter works full time, and on her morning break she walks briskly outside for 15 min. I'm fully retired, so that means I have to get my rear out of the chair and just MOVE. But I'm the queen of procrastination, so I set my "movement time" like I would a doctor appointment. I plan my day around that exercise time instead of planning my exercise around everything else in my day. When it's too hot or humid or pollen saturated I'll put a walk in place DVD (i.e. Leslie Sansome Walk Away the Pounds) and 20 min go by and I've knocked out the equivalent of a mile and 5 min of stretching/cool down. Doing just this little bit of movement is enough to keep from gaining weight anyway. When I'm settled into a routine I switch to walking 45 min to an hour, or 3 miles. But if I were between cruises like you are I'd try 2 short exercise times just to be able to stay in control. Walking is do-able, I think. Good luck this week!

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are well and everyone had a lovely holiday. We have made it home finally and it is back to the grind. We actually arrived home last Wednesday but had to shoot off straight away on Thursday morning for a nephew's wedding in Port Douglas.

The good news is that we are healthy and had a great holiday. The not so good news is that Rosie and I both put on weight (as expected with 30 nights cruising). When I weighed in last Wednesday afternoon when I got home, I had put on 8.2 kgs (18 pounds):eek:, my weigh in this morning was I had lost 1.1 kgs (2.4lbs) of that already.

I certainly aim to start the L2C again as we have another cruise in February.

I may not start another thread but just continue with this one.

cheers mic:D