23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

I will probably have them every darn day while onboard lol. Do you guys go to the buffet or do you sometimes venture into the MDR for breakfast/lunch on sea days?

I love the MDR for breakfast...or any venue where they are waiting on me. Buffet is too much work. As far as walking, I try to fit it in every seaday, but I find it very difficult to show up at a consistent time. If I get a little bored I'll usually head up to the treadmill for my workout. The walking track is unpredictable as far as the wind and wetness factor. Last year, on the Allure, I did make it to every water aerobics class. I did a yoga class ONCE, which was hysterical. Those balance poses when the ship is rolling is a hoot!

It's rare that we go into the buffet, too much noise. Maybe for a late afternoon pizza snack and sit in the outdoors area. We do Blu and roomservice for breakfast and the MDR for lunch sometimes, but mostly the Bistro on Five.

I will probably have them every darn day while onboard lol. Do you guys go to the buffet or do you sometimes venture into the MDR for breakfast/lunch on sea days?
Edited by wv4891

I eat breakfast in the buffet most days because my favorite time to be out on deck is the morning. MDR takes too long. Once the sun decks get too crowded and the music gets too loud, I'm annoyed. ;) I usually get my food and then go to the furthest table possible (outside on the silhouette - does solstice have that?)

Maybe I'll do the MDR for breakfast once this time, for my mother.

I never go to the MDR for lunch because I just don't want that big a lunch. I prefer to save myself for dinner. :) I usually grab a few things when I get hungry and eat on my lounger. Preferably pretzel rolls, mmmmmm....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have room service on port days if it is an early start, otherwise we go to the buffet or just Cafe' al Baccio. On Sea days, we normally go to the MDR and depending on mood join a table or get one for two. I like to avoid the buffet as it is noisy, and while the food is great it is not MDR standard (there is also a higher risk of contamination in the buffet with things like Noro and the flu).:D

As for walking, I am at a point where, if I do not walk, I will not lose weight. I also need to walk to build strength in my muscles (a result of polymyalgia is muscle weakness.) Walking seems to help and since I live in the mountains, and is up and down some fairly steep hills, it is cardiovascular, as well.

Since we are in AQ this time, it will be a lovely, leisurely breakfast in Blu with room service on some port days. I enjoy the buffet and also MDR for lunch.

Haven't lost or gained in a few weeks now. Since we left our summer "home" in Yellowstone I don't have the Rangers gym to use anymore :mad: The elliptical is my exercise of choice as I can't walk fast enough to do any good (partly paralyzed foot). But oh well--- since I'm not buying anymore clothes the ones I have fit so I guess it's good to stay at the same weight. PLUS - since we are slowly headed toward San Diego I already feel like the cruise has begun & I'm sorta enjoying my evening cocktails already :)

I love hearing how ya'll are doing & the info on where you eat & when is great. Thanks for sharing!

All this talk about eggs benedict, buffets, etc. made me gain weight :eek:, but then I lost it walking a lot at the Fair on Friday :D....so now I'm even. Stuck right now!

Pat

Haven't lost or gained in a few weeks now. Since we left our summer "home" in Yellowstone I don't have the Rangers gym to use anymore :mad: The elliptical is my exercise of choice as I can't walk fast enough to do any good (partly paralyzed foot). But oh well--- since I'm not buying anymore clothes the ones I have fit so I guess it's good to stay at the same weight. PLUS - since we are slowly headed toward San Diego I already feel like the cruise has begun & I'm sorta enjoying my evening cocktails already :)

I love hearing how ya'll are doing & the info on where you eat & when is great. Thanks for sharing!

This is good news that you both have stabilised before the cruise. There is only the one more weigh in next week and then we are cruising the week after. Well done everyone.:D

Am I the first to report in this cold Monday morning? And if so, do I win a prize? I am down 5 pounds this week, not through trying though. I think all the junk they infused into me and had the 6 bags of IV that caused me to gain the weight melted away somehow lol. 2 weeks til we cruise folks!

Am I the first to report in this cold Monday morning? And if so, do I win a prize? I am down 5 pounds this week, not through trying though. I think all the junk they infused into me and had the 6 bags of IV that caused me to gain the weight melted away somehow lol. 2 weeks til we cruise folks!

No you were not the first to report in but you were to first to report a loss. Well done, even if it was just IV weight.:D

No losses this week for most of us so far, well done everyone, one more weigh in next week and then we are off to cruise. :D

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.7Kg(6lbs);

Bagelme...............................0lbs...... .. ..........................17lbs (7.7kgs);

Spinnychick..........................5lbs....... .. ..........................12.5lbs (5.7kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Marsda.................................3.6lbs..... .. ............................12.8lbs (5.8kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................1.5lbs.......... .. ........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs........ .. ...........................13.2lbs (6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone and keep it up

cheers mic :D

Edited by MicCanberra

I lost a pound this week. :) Actually, I lost 2 pounds and gained a pound. :rolleyes: LOL I did not do anything different, so don't know why the fluctuation. But I have definitely gone down a pant size, unfortunately it was the pant size before the last cruise, so that does not bode well for this cruise. But if it had not been for lose to cruise, I would be going up a pant size, so there you go.:p

I lost a pound this week. :) Actually, I lost 2 pounds and gained a pound. :rolleyes: LOL I did not do anything different, so don't know why the fluctuation. But I have definitely gone down a pant size, unfortunately it was the pant size before the last cruise, so that does not bode well for this cruise. But if it had not been for lose to cruise, I would be going up a pant size, so there you go.:p

Well done, it all counts. :D

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

MicCanberra..........................0kg........ ........................2.7Kg(6lbs);

Bagelme...............................0lbs...... .. ..........................17lbs (7.7kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Spinnychick..........................5lbs....... .. ..........................12.5lbs (5.7kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................1lbs.......... .. ........................9lbs (4.1kgs);

Marsda.................................3.6lbs..... .. ............................12.8lbs (5.8kgs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs........ .. ...........................13.2lbs (6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Pretzel rolls? Do they really have those? YUMMY! The bread basket at dinner kills me, I'm always in 3 buns deep before my appies comes lol.

We do the buffet for breakfast port days, maybe do room service once just for fun, and will do MDR for breakfast and lunch on a few sea days.

Well done, it all counts. :D

Honeybearhollow...................1lbs.......... .. ........................9lbs (4.1kgs);

I lost .8 lbs this week, for a total weight loss of 13.6 since June 1. After our last report for this challenge, my goal will be to maintain this loss throughout the vacation. Hmmm...might be setting myself up for failure with that goal. Maybe no more than a 3 lb gain on the cruise. If it goes on quickly it can come off quickly. After this trip I'm continuing this quest, getting ready for our transatlantic (London to Boston via Iceland) next August. I'll report in this Monday(it's our final weigh-in then, isn't it?). My birthday is tomorrow and friends are taking us out to eat, then Sunday my kids and grandkids are coming over for a birthday dinner (fajita spread from our favorite Mexican restaurant). I'll still be careful with all the food, but it is my birthday, after all! My main concentration at this point is to continue with some sort of exercise an hour each day. I hope to visit the gym on board each day...Life is one big challenge and goal after another, isn't it?

I lost .8 lbs this week, for a total weight loss of 13.6 since June 1. After our last report for this challenge, my goal will be to maintain this loss throughout the vacation. Hmmm...might be setting myself up for failure with that goal. Maybe no more than a 3 lb gain on the cruise. If it goes on quickly it can come off quickly. After this trip I'm continuing this quest, getting ready for our transatlantic (London to Boston via Iceland) next August. I'll report in this Monday(it's our final weigh-in then, isn't it?). My birthday is tomorrow and friends are taking us out to eat, then Sunday my kids and grandkids are coming over for a birthday dinner (fajita spread from our favorite Mexican restaurant). I'll still be careful with all the food, but it is my birthday, after all! My main concentration at this point is to continue with some sort of exercise an hour each day. I hope to visit the gym on board each day...Life is one big challenge and goal after another, isn't it?

Well done on the weight loss, it was great to have all the comraderie. Don't worry about indulging once on-board, the whole object of the L2C was to cruise and indulge guilt free. I hope you have a fantastic birthday and I will update the list on Monday/Tuesday as it will be our last weigh in. We leave next Friday morning our time and arrive in San Diego on Friday around lunchtime. See you all soon.:D

WTG all!

Down 0.6 for me this week for a total of 15 pounds since starting July 11. (I think I forgot to post last week -- oops!). I'll definitely be happy if I can maintain over the cruise. I told our WW leader that I wouldn't be counting a darned point, but I'll be walking my tooshie off. So hopefully all will offset :)

And yes, I'll have my one egg benedict from the buffet every morning for breakfast. Can't wait!!

WTG all!

Down 0.6 for me this week for a total of 15 pounds since starting July 11. (I think I forgot to post last week -- oops!). I'll definitely be happy if I can maintain over the cruise. I told our WW leader that I wouldn't be counting a darned point, but I'll be walking my tooshie off. So hopefully all will offset :)

And yes, I'll have my one egg benedict from the buffet every morning for breakfast. Can't wait!!

Well done as well.:D

Happy Birthday, Marsha. Hope it is a great one.

Pretzel rolls? Do they really have those?

They better, or I'll start a mutiny!

On the NCL Epic they not only had rolls but also giant pretzel bread sticks - so evil!

I'm almost positive I had rolls on the Silhouette in December.

You need all the calories you can get but in my case, I have to be careful somewhere. I try my very best to ignore the bread basket at dinner. That and taking the stairs as much as possible are about the only things I do! :eek:

Maybe I'll try to walk.... maybe... oh who am I kidding, it won't happen.:p

I lost .8 lbs this week, for a total weight loss of 13.6 since June 1. After our last report for this challenge, my goal will be to maintain this loss throughout the vacation. Hmmm...might be setting myself up for failure with that goal. Maybe no more than a 3 lb gain on the cruise. If it goes on quickly it can come off quickly. After this trip I'm continuing this quest, getting ready for our transatlantic (London to Boston via Iceland) next August.

I think this is a great attitude! We can't set ourselves up for a guilt trip, when we want to enjoy ourselves while we cruise. And Mic was right when he said that this is why we did the Lose for Cruise in the first place....so that we prepare ourselves ahead of time. I, too, have another cruise to get back on track for, so I feel that if I gain the 3 lbs or so as you mentioned, then that is doable for a post-lose loss.

Everyone did such a great job of supporting each in their endeavors and thanks again to Mic for the stats and for being the head cheerleader!

Pat :)