23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Very bad behavior this week resulted in a lb gain this week. Have not been focused at all on what I am eating and therefore making very poor choices, especially things with too much salt and portion sizes too big. Need to recommit to this...was really hoping to meet my 20 lb goal.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Very bad behavior this week resulted in a lb gain this week. Have not been focused at all on what I am eating and therefore making very poor choices, especially things with too much salt and portion sizes too big. Need to recommit to this...was really hoping to meet my 20 lb goal.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Nevermind Pat, focus and get back on course, only 3 lbs and you are there. We only have the two more weigh ins until we go, so if you have a really good two weeks you can get there, otherwise you may have to surpise us on board. In any case, keep it up.:D

BTW, Roise and I are weighing in tomorrow as the scales were playing up and may be broken:(

CC Name.......Loss (this week)....Total loss (since 1 June 2013)

Bagelme...............................-1lbs...... .. ..........................17lbs (7.7kgs);

MicCanberra..........................0.4kg........ ........................2.5Kg(5.5lbs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................13.5lbs (6.1kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................0lbs.......... .. ........................6.5lbs (2.9kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................9.2lbs (4.2kgs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs........ .. ...........................13.2lbs (6kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

cheers mic :D

I am both happy and frustrated to report that I gained 6 pounds. Happy because I need the weight, frustrated because it happened in 24 hours due to infusions at the hospital. I'd rather gain weight pigging out, not having crap pumped into me lol.

I'm so sorry you've had to go thru that. I hope you are feeling ok.

Happy Cruise thoughts sent your way!

Pat

Nevermind Pat, focus and get back on course, only 3 lbs and you are there. We only have the two more weigh ins until we go, so if you have a really good two weeks you can get there, otherwise you may have to surpise us on board. In any case, keep it up.:D

BTW, Roise and I are weighing in tomorrow as the scales were playing up and may be broken:(

Bagelme...............................-1lbs...... .. ..........................17lbs (7.7kgs);

MicCanberra..........................0.4kg........ ........................2.5Kg(5.5lbs);

Spinnychick..........................0lbs....... .. ..........................13.5lbs (6.1kgs);

Honeybearhollow...................0lbs.......... .. ........................6.5lbs (2.9kgs);

Marsda.................................0lbs..... .. ............................9.2lbs (4.2kgs);

RosieCanberra........................0kg.......... ......................2.9kgs(6.4lbs);

WV4891...............................0lbs....... .. ..........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

ChiGal1962..........................0lbs........ .. ...........................13.2lbs (6kgs);

Betzjohn..............................0lbs........ ...........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Chefcaw...............................0lbs...... .. ...........................1.5lbs (0.7kgs);

Gumbypee............................0lbs......... ..........................2lbs (0.9kgs);

Circman52............................0lbs....... .. ..........................0.1lbs (0.05kgs);

Good luck everyone

I lost 3.6 lbs this week for a total loss of 12.8 lbs. I don't know what happened....I guess the exercise is really paying off. I even double checked my math on the calculator to make sure. No complaints here!

I am both happy and frustrated to report that I gained 6 pounds. Happy because I need the weight, frustrated because it happened in 24 hours due to infusions at the hospital. I'd rather gain weight pigging out, not having crap pumped into me lol.

No, not a fun way to have gained the weight, but from a health viewpoint it's a good thing. So glad you are recovering!

I am glad you are out of the hospital and hopefully feeling better. The weight gain is a good thing for you, and I hope that you can keep it on. There will be plenty of pigging out on board in 3 weeks time so do not worry about that. Keep well,:D

I lost 3.6 lbs this week for a total loss of 12.8 lbs. I don't know what happened....I guess the exercise is really paying off. I even double checked my math on the calculator to make sure. No complaints here!

Great work, the hard work is paying off nicely.:D

Roise and I weighed in this morning, we are not sure if the scales are broken but in any case, Rosie had no Gain or loss and I have dropped 0.2 kgs.:D

Spinnychick..........................-6lbs....... .. ..........................7.5lbs (3.4kgs);

Marsda.................................3.6lbs..... .. ............................12.8lbs (5.8kgs);

MicCanberra..........................0.2kg........ ........................2.7Kg(6lbs);

Good luck everyone and keep it up

I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. Slowly but surely. I do notice some of my clothes are bigger on me. Have to take back a new pair of pants. I hope that is a good thing. I have been walking (except for yesterday and today).

Great news, :D

Hope it is due to you losing size/weight rather than the it being the shop putting the wrong tag in it:p

Spinnychick..........................-6lbs....... .. ..........................7.5lbs (3.4kgs);

Marsda.................................3.6lbs..... .. ............................12.8lbs (5.8kgs);

MicCanberra..........................0.2kg........ ........................2.7Kg(6lbs);

Honeybearhollow...................1.5lbs.......... .. ........................8lbs (3.6kgs);

Good luck everyone and keep it up

I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. Slowly but surely. I do notice some of my clothes are bigger on me. Have to take back a new pair of pants. I hope that is a good thing. I have been walking (except for yesterday and today).

I'm convinced walking/any exercise is the key to losing weight and inches. So I'm glad you're walking more. Yesterday I walked 3 miles in 50 min, then jumped in the pool and swam laps for 20 minutes. Today I was too tired to do ANY exercise! It motivates me to continue when I read that you are walking too. I realize I'm not alone! Good work.

I'm convinced walking/any exercise is the key to losing weight and inches. So I'm glad you're walking more. Yesterday I walked 3 miles in 50 min, then jumped in the pool and swam laps for 20 minutes. Today I was too tired to do ANY exercise! It motivates me to continue when I read that you are walking too. I realize I'm not alone! Good work.

Some days I walk more than others but it is good to get into the habit of walking every day.:D

Any exercise is usually good for you. Walking does not burn a lot of calories, but every bit helps. Definietly burns more calories than pushing the TV remote.:D

I try to walk once or twice daily also, but often wonder how much walking really helps? Does it actually help tone and burn calories? I know every little bit helps.

Marsha, that's a nice pace on your walk, should help the old cardio quite a bit.

Me, I'm maintaining my weight, which is neither good nor bad. Would love to drop 10 pounds this last 14 days or so, to make room for all the goodies onboard.

Edited by wv4891

Any exercise is usually good for you. Walking does not burn a lot of calories, but every bit helps. Definietly burns more calories than pushing the TV remote.:D

Marsha, that's a nice pace on your walk, should help the old cardio quite a bit.

Me, I'm maintaining my weight, which is neither good nor bad. Would love to drop 10 pounds this last 14 days or so, to make room for all the goodies onboard.

Agree, walking is good, but walking briskly (heart rate at 120 /min) for a sustained period of that walk is most beneficial. And while even the brisk cardio style walk may not burn as many calories as a jog/run it is better for your joints (knees/ankles).:D

Do not worry about your 10 pounds, after this cruise you won't see them for a while anyway.:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra

HaHa, I may not be seeing several things.

And I agree, a 3.5/4 mph pace for an hour is quite good. Like to keep my heat rate at between 125/135. No running here, the heart rate goes way too high.

Agree, walking is good, but walking briskly (heart rate at 120 /min) for a sustained period of that walk is most beneficial. And while even the brisk cardio style walk may not burn as many calories as a jog/run it is better for your joints (knees/ankles).:D

Do not worry about your 10 pounds, after this cruise you won't see them for a while anyway.:eek:

HaHa, I may not be seeing several things.

And I agree, a 3.5/4 mph pace for an hour is quite good. Like to keep my heat rate at between 125/135. No running here, the heart rate goes way too high.

When on board, I like to keep a steady pace as I walk from the cabin to the MDR and back again 3 times a day.:p

On my last cruise, a group of people got together at a specified time on sea days to do a "group walk". If you showed up great, if not, no worries. I didn't participate but really, really want to start doing the walking onboard on a daily basis. My parents walk daily so maybe that will inspire me to go.

On my last cruise, a group of people got together at a specified time on sea days to do a "group walk". If you showed up great, if not, no worries. I didn't participate but really, really want to start doing the walking onboard on a daily basis. My parents walk daily so maybe that will inspire me to go.

When I cruise, I see what inspires me for the day and if it involves walking, then ok. Although, most of the time it is food and drink that provides the inspiration.:D

I try to do it around 7 in the morning. Lots of hard core walkers and joggers at that time, to help you set a good pace. And no one blocking the walking lane. The walking track is only 1/8 mile on the Solstice. I do the walk to help with the previous nite's inspirations.

Edited by wv4891

I try to do it around 7 in the morning. Lots of hard core walkers and joggers at that time, to help you set a good pace. And no one blocking the walking lane. The walking track is only 1/8 mile on the Solstice. I do the walk to help with the previous nite's inspirations.

I would really like to say that I will join you but if I am not asleep it will most likely be breakfast time.:rolleyes: