23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are well and everyone had a lovely holiday. We have made it home finally and it is back to the grind. We actually arrived home last Wednesday but had to shoot off straight away on Thursday morning for a nephew's wedding in Port Douglas.

The good news is that we are healthy and had a great holiday. The not so good news is that Rosie and I both put on weight (as expected with 30 nights cruising). When I weighed in last Wednesday afternoon when I got home, I had put on 8.2 kgs (18 pounds):eek:, my weigh in this morning was I had lost 1.1 kgs (2.4lbs) of that already.

I certainly aim to start the L2C again as we have another cruise in February.

I may not start another thread but just continue with this one.

cheers mic:D

Happy you are back! I have no doubt you will shed that added weight quickly. I like the idea of continuing with this thread...it's also a way of keeping up with a great group of people!

I managed to lose 1 lb this week, but it was a roller coaster ride. My confession: they say not to, but I weigh every morning. I know why they say not to because your weight fluctuates constantly throughout the week. I was up and down in weight all week, but Monday morning officially shows 1 lb gone. On to this week to make sure it stays gone! What's the popular saying these day? Keep Calm and Carry On.:)

I agree....we should just continue on here....maybe more will join?

Mic....welcome home....hope you had a fabulous time on your Holiday! I saw you and Rosie at Cafe a couple of times in the morning, but never had a chance to chat other than at the M & M. Sadly, I never got a chance to meet you ladies...

Marsda....thanks for the encouragement! You pretty hit my biggest ongoing problem dead on....excercise. I really like the idea of getting a DVD out and making a schedule out. I guess you would say that I am semi-retired at this point. I only work 3 months on and 3 months off at an office now, which is a huge difference from the constant running, 50+ hrs a week career I used to have up until this past Feb. I need something low impact as I have already had back surgery, one knee replacement and the other knee is problematic at best. I can walk for limited times, so I should take advantage of the semi-decent weather here in IL while it lasts. You won't see me trudging around in the snow and ice! LOL! Another good option would be to get back into swimming, which I love. I am a very bad procrastinator and an experienced "excuse maker"!

Despite the excercise, my biggest issue since we were actively working our L2C is my letting sugars (and other high carb items) back into my diet. It makes a big difference for me. I notice that I get cravings a lot more because of this.

Well...let's all just continue the fight! We've had our successes and will continue to do so. Take care everyone!

Pat :)

Well, I totally blew it last week. I haven't weighed in. I think I will forget last week and start over this week. I was so sorry we never met you, Pat. Mic, welcome home. Hope you and Rosie will join us. Marsha, I also did not keep my commitment to walk, so I will make a new commitment. Sheesh, I got so spoiled. It is just hard to get serious about this again, but I really have to or I won't be able to wear my cruise clothes in Feb. I am so glad we are going to keep this going, because otherwise, I might not do it.

Happy to continue this thread.

The hard part for me will be negotiating my exercise and food/drink intake around Xmas, it is only 7 weeks away.:eek:

Yes perhaps a better saying would be "Keep calm and carry the weight away".

cheers mic:D

Hooray for Christmas being 7 weeks away, I'm half ready for it, have done half the shopping and even have everything wrapped. I'm a real Christmas keener!

I weigh in every day too and boy does it fluctuate. I was up 2 pounds yesterday, down 1.5 today lol.

Hooray for Christmas being 7 weeks away, I'm half ready for it, have done half the shopping and even have everything wrapped. I'm a real Christmas keener!

I weigh in every day too and boy does it fluctuate. I was up 2 pounds yesterday, down 1.5 today lol.

Haven't started Xmas gifts as yet. :rolleyes:

BTW, does that make you 0.5 up? :eek:

Haven't started Xmas gifts as yet. :rolleyes:

BTW, does that make you 0.5 up? :eek:

I'm up overall from the cruise. I left at about 112 and am up to 117, so still up 5. Heading out for a big Italian dinner tonight too so I predict a gain of another 1.5 lol.

I'm more concerned with the lack of toning than the actual number on the scale. I really need to get my lazy butt off the sofa and onto the bike or do some floor exercises or weights. :(

I'm up overall from the cruise. I left at about 112 and am up to 117, so still up 5. Heading out for a big Italian dinner tonight too so I predict a gain of another 1.5 lol.

I'm more concerned with the lack of toning than the actual number on the scale. I really need to get my lazy butt off the sofa and onto the bike or do some floor exercises or weights. :(

At this point, I am just going to concentrate on getting some of this weight off and will worry about toning if and when I get that far.:D

At this point, I am just going to concentrate on getting some of this weight off and will worry about toning if and when I get that far.:D

Oh, yeah....totally get that!

Have maintained pretty good this week. Will weigh in Sunday morning before I leave for the airport. Fingers crossed that I don't gain a lot of water weight again on this cruise.

Then I have six months of very serious L2C ahead of me!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Have maintained pretty good this week. Will weigh in Sunday morning before I leave for the airport. Fingers crossed that I don't gain a lot of water weight again on this cruise.

Have a great time and just enjoy the cruise, worry about the effects later.:D

Have a wonderful time! It's supposed to be a beautiful ship. Even if you put on weight quickly the good news is that it will come off quickly when you get back. Remember we're called "Lose2Cruise" not "LoseWhileYouCruise"! Bon Voyage.

Fantastic news this morning, as I had lost 2.3 kgs.

This makes a total loss since my return of 4 kgs and just shy of half of the weight I gained while on leave. I just hope that I can maintain this and lose some for another couple of weeks.:D

This makes a total loss since my return of 4 kgs and just shy of half of the weight I gained while on leave. I just hope that I can maintain this and lose some for another couple of weeks.:D

I'm proud to know superAussie! That really is impressive, Mic. Though, the WOW factor didn't hit me until I went to the kilo to pound conversion chart online. Good job!

I'm proud to know superAussie! That really is impressive, Mic. Though, the WOW factor didn't hit me until I went to the kilo to pound conversion chart online. Good job!

Cheers, Yeah, 4 kgs is 8.8lbs (2.3kgs is 5.1lbs). I did say that most should come off quickly but I wasn't expecting that much in just under two weeks. I am really pleased with the results so far. Exercise and normal eating and drinking is so much better for my body it seems.:D

I've got a fattening week ahead ... lunch with a friend tomorrow, craft fair and snacks Friday afternoon, dinner out Friday evening, dinner out Saturday evening. Wish me luck.

And Mic, congrats on the loss!

Cheers, good luck with your schedule this week, hope you don't put on too much.:D

I officially weighed this morning and I lost .8 lb this week. I'm actually pleased with that loss because it turned out to be a very social week. So Deanna, there is hope...you'll do well, I'm sure! I also slipped up on the amount of exercise I got.... I only walked 2.5 miles on 2 days last week. So every little bit seems to help apparently. Tomorrow morning: to the gym for a treadmill 3 mile. Have a good week everyone!

I officially weighed this morning and I lost .8 lb this week. I'm actually pleased with that loss because it turned out to be a very social week. So Deanna, there is hope...you'll do well, I'm sure! I also slipped up on the amount of exercise I got.... I only walked 2.5 miles on 2 days last week. So every little bit seems to help apparently. Tomorrow morning: to the gym for a treadmill 3 mile. Have a good week everyone!

Great stuff, keep up the exercise and the control of food intake and it will come off.:D

Wow....incredible job! You'll be down that additional weight by the end of the month!

Everyone did such a great job this week....way to go friends!

Well, the bad news for me is that I gained 3 lbs this week while on the Breakaway. The good news is that I didn't have nearly the water retention that I had while in Hawaii...possibly the humidity did factor in, altho that was a longer cruise as well.

I do have the say that the food on this cruise was amazing. Usually we only go to one (maybe two?) specialty restaurants. We only went to Tuscan Grill while on Solstice. On this cruise, my friend and I wanted to try as much as possible! We had the Brazilian steakhouse (with amazing salad bar!), Japanese (hibachi style), Cirque Dinner show, Italian, and also Gregary Zecharian's Ocean Blue Seafood. Wow! All were wonderful (Italian was so-so) and the portions seemed huge. I can't say enough about Ocean Blue....the sea bass was out of this world. The Japanese restaurant, Teppenyaki, was delicious and chef very entertaining! Also, I indulged in more foo-foo drinks this time around having my share of Chocolate Martinis and Wickedtinis....yes, you read right...we were part of the official Wicked cruise group and we had Apple Martinis colored green! Lots of fun....the Wicked activities are a whole other story and was beyond my expectations!

So it is back to reality for me! Three weeks to Thanksgiving, so I need to lose this gain before then. We'll definately have to support each other during these upcoming Holidays!