Greetings from the crew on the Pride

pridecrew

Thanks, WriPro, that's good to know. I had a reservation for dinner there the other month, but cancelled it after spending hours at the Tate Britain Turner, et all exhibit. I was just in after a long flight. I might try it this next trip before the crossing. Ever done Gordaon Ramsay at Royal Hospital Road?

Jane (speaking of pricey..)

I just checked with my visa service, and to get an independent visa for Russia you need a Visa Support Letter from whomever you are going to tour with in Russia. i.e. a Russian company has to "sponsor" you for a visa. If you are booking with someone there, be sure they provide this so you can get your visa. Hope this saves some time...

Caveat: The Russians are not famous for the consistency of their enforcement. You may have no problems without the letter, but it could be a hassle if they decide to abide by the rule.

bgood

Well, I don't know when it's closed for summer hols, but I do know that one can only get a reservation a month in advance, so I have the concierge do it for me. It was a delightful experience, and I got to meet 'Himself' after my dining. He's on the TV alot now, on Fox and BBC America. The food was sublime, and I do know that I got more mileage out of my $300+ bill than if I had spent it on a winter coat. I brought home the delicious candies for the concierge/hall porter staff at the hotel. Enjoy!

Jane ( I hear he's opening a restaurant in NYC as well)

Regarding LeeAnn, is she from Birmingham, UK? There was a young lady on our April Pride cruise who hailed from that city with the similar name. If she's the one, we're looking forward to seeing her...took real good care of my wife.

Leonid~~~Yes, that's cutie Leeann on the Pride.....she usually stays in the Veranda Restaurant, but on Galley Market day, she's in the Dining room. A lovely, sweet girl! Some of us have predicted that Miss Leeann will be the 1st female Maitre'D on Seabourn!

Martita

Martita: On the April sailing poor LeeAnn had major problems with her wisdom teeth...said she could not wait until she got home, which would been after the Istanbul to Lisbon sailing...really looking forward to seeing her again!

Leeann is originally from St Helena. I was most surprised to learn it was not in the Med (I had assumed near Elba, of course) but the southern Atlantic off South Africa. (Ok, sometimes I am a bit history-challenged.)

Yes, she is a delight.

Jane

I just wanted to say that because of the wonderful crew members such as Leann and wonderful passenger's such as all of you, we had an outstanding time on our first Seabourn cruise in January/February of this year. Leann is one of the wonderful crew members that I have told friends and family about. She made my wife and me feel so very welcome on our January cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires on the Seabourn Pride.

I've tried to tell people who have not experienced Seabourn what a wonderful caring atmosphere exists on board between fellow passengers and crew and many times when I read all of the comments on the Seabourn board I am reminded about all of the outstandingl experiences we had on our first Seabourn cruise. We have two more cruises booked on Seabourn and look forward to these and others that I'm sure we will book in time.

Keith

• 1 year later...
Brenda~~Carol likes the "Orville Cinnamon" flavored.........I can not imagine cinnamon popcorn, but I believe that's correct!

She's a "Texas hoot!!" Excellent tour director!

Martita

Going back through old messages I found this one.

It's Orville Redenbacher's cinnabons flavour although I'm not sure it's available any more. If not then any of their range will do. http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/?p=138

Missed seeing Carol when the Pride was in London this time around as I was seriously ill in hospital. Pity as the hospital was only 5 minutes away from where they were docked but I was admitted in a bit of a hurry (emergency surgery for peritonitis) and had no net access to let her know where I was. Oh well, will have to take a trip to Texas to see her.

Phil

Hi Lee Ann, my name is Jane. I will be on the Pride in December, do you think you'll still be on it then? I am on the cruise that leaves from Barbados on December 2, along with many other CCers....and I'll be on a week. I haven't yet been on the Pride; I've only been on one other Seabourn ship, the Legend, just this past April to the Caribbean.

Is Simon over on the Pride now? When we were on the Legend, I thought I heard him say he's moving over to the Pride to be a cruise director? If so, it will sure be fun to see him again.

Hope all is well with you, it's really a treat to hear from one of Seabourn's wonderful crew.

Best wishes,

Jane

Archived