Greetings from the crew on the Pride

pridecrew

:) Hi Folks!

A seabourn guest (jane Pond) recomended i have a look at this website, i dont get much time when am working on the ship, but at the moment am on vacation, at home in Birmingham England, so i took the time to have a browse, i must say i got so 'hooked' on reading your comments i have being here most of the day!. Its Leeann Gasteen i work in the restaurant, i found it so fasinationg reading all the comments from so many seabourn guests, a few names a do know very well, such as Martha, jane Pond and Norman Fisher. Am sure i would recognise so many more if i saw your faces.

Anyway i just wanted to comment on how lovely it is to read your thoughts/comments mostly positive ones, its nice to see guests giving advice and making 'travelingfriends'. All your comments on all the three seabourn ships are well recieved and for any crew member who reads them , you get a share delight and feel such a pleasure to make so many peoples cruise a wonderful experience. I must say for myself its the appriciation i see/recieve from guests that inspire me to work hard and always do my best for you all and this is always a pleasure.:)

Am returning back to the Pride on july 3rd in London, am looking forward to seeing everyone again, and very much look forward to welcoming you all on board again very soon. Enjoy your next cruise(makesure its a Seabourn Cruise)!

For those of you traveling with me on july 3rd, see you soon!!!!

Take care

LeeAnn

HI LeeAnn!

Thank you for your lovely note. As you can tell, we miss you all!! Yes, we do have so many wonderful memories of all three ships and as you can tell, we are always planning the next cruise. While Seabourn friendliness is it's hallmark, especially with impeccable service, it's fun to sail with 'Cruise Critic' friends we meet online. I know you will see several of us soon. Do enjoy the rest of your hols....and I hope the weather is smooth sailing for months to come.

Look for me on 28/8 for the crossing!

Jane Pond

Hi LeeAnn

Wonderful to hear from you! I feel like a traitor for making my next cruises on the Spirit and the Legend. I wish you would come and join me as you have always been one of my favourites. I went down to Tower Bridge last Sunday and saw Felipe leaving on vacation but he'll be back with you from 29 July.

Hope you're having a great holiday and hope to see you again before too long.

Love and

Hi LeeAnn,

Great to see you here on the cruisecritic boards. We had such a wonderful time with you, Tony and Karl on our late November early December sailing on the Pride. We were the horrifying table of six. Sharon, Paul, James and Stuart(the british couple) and Ollie and I.

One of the things that we remember with great amusement was one evening at dinner when you revealed the entrees. You had painted James' plate with chocolate sauce that said "NOTHING FOR YOU" on it.

We still laugh about it all the time.

Enjoy your holiday.

Look forward to seeing you on board in the future.

mcboo:) :)

hi leeann,

i havent been on the the pride yet but will be for 28 days begining july 31 so i hope to see you on board. ill be sure to look you up as i plan on spending lots of time in the restaurant. enjoy the rest of your time off.

henry

wripro,

you have a real treat in store.

St.Petersburg is such a wonderful city,with so much to see,that we are repeating this cruise.

The Pride,because of it's size,is able to dock in the heart of the city,so if you have your own visa,you can just get off,and walk around.

I look forward to meeting you.

Jane

How soon are you sailing? When I went a couple of years ago, there were details of an agent who could organise the visa in the advance tour info book I got from Seabourn. Otherwise, you have to find your nearest Russian consulate - http://www.russianembassy.net/. You have to fill out a form and send it with your passport, some photos and a fee. If your local one is in New York, more details at http://www.ruscon.org/. Follow the links to Entry Visa to Russia and there is an application form (for US citizens) online at http://members.verizon.net/~vze2vbj3/forms/ank4us.doc.

It is worth doing as otherwise, the officials at the berth at the English Embankment may not let you off the ship other than as part of an organised tour.

It's a lovely city but do be careful not to have anything valuable exposed as at least one couple from the ship were jostled by a group of gypsy-dressed people who stole a wallet. I saw a group like that myself in Nevski Prospekt but steered clear of them.

Have fun!

Norm

english voyager,

actually this is a repeat itinerary for me as well. we did the baltics on silversea in 1994 (we also docked right downtown) and i am looking forward to seeing the changes. we will be taking the one day trip to moscow this time and for the other two days i have booked a car and driver with red october so it will be a fully packed three days. thank God there are sea days during which we can relax.

see you on board.

:) Thank you all for saying Hi, i certainly remember those who responded. I will be looking out for you all when you join us again on board which is very soon for many of you, except Mr Fisher who is betraying us!!:mad: (As long as its a Seabourn cruise thats fine with us)!

Looking forward to welcoming our new future guests, we shall do our best to give you a wonderful, cruise!

YES! Karl is still on the Pride he will be going back on July 3rd. James unfortunatly i believe is not planning to return to Seabourn, but am not certain, this is unfortunate for us, because if you know James he is excellent at his job he really cares and takes pride in his work we all miss him, maybe he will return!

Take care all!!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

I thought that I had at long last persuaded you to call me Norman - or are you now punishing me for betraying you and all my other friends on the Pride? :( Maybe I'll see if I can get down to Tower Bridge again for a hug before you board. :) Do you know what time you expect to be there?

Love

Norman

LeeAnn,

We, John & Brenda K., will be joining you on the 3rd. We remember you from the March crossing, especially in the Veranda for late breakfast, with your cheerful service and much appreciated cup of coffee. We look forward to seeing you again!

Do you happen to know what kind of microwave popcorn Carol Frey likes? She mentioned she likes it, and I said I would bring her some, but I don't remember what kind she said she liked!

Brenda

Hey and "Howdy", Miss Leeann~~~~

I was so dee-lighted to read your posting when I returned home last evening from a short "trek!" We do indeed have fun times.....particularly the Galley Market Lunch! Did you wear the Texas/Western jacket to the Crew party? As Miss Alene and Miss Lorraine call me from the Pride often, I keep up with all the "ship gossip/news." Miss Marie boards July 17th......as I will be in Milan for a wedding Sept. 3rd I'll see you in New York on Sept. 15th (I'm boarding early as I have a couple of meetings) You'll be thrilled to hear there will be about 14 in the "Herman's Gang", that will also be boarding.....you know all of them, I believe. Some of us will be staying on for 7 and 14 days......

Have a wonderful, fun holiday and we'll see you in 'ole New York!

I send a "Texas size" hug to you!

Martita B.

Hi LeeAnn, We too will be on the July 3rd cruise (Rock and Bobby) and look forward to meeting you.

We were on the Pride 5 years ago for the Northern Capitals Cruise, which was our first Seabourn Cruise and an excellent itinerary. (London, Oslo, Helsingborg, Kalmar, Stockholm, Helsinki, St, Petersburg, Tallinn, and Copenhagen). Since then we have been on the Spirit 3 times, and the old Sea Goddess, but we're very excited to return to the Pride and to sail to the fjords.

We were wondering however why we sail so late on the first day, 11pm? We know we don't sail under the bridge, but we did enjoy sailing down the Thames during some daylight.

6 days and counting!

:) Hi Everyone, just responding to some of your questions!

Norman(Sorry Mr Fisher) I have to be back on board by 9am on the sunday morning, would be nice to see you, will be in london overnight, am meeting Karl because he returns the same day we are hoping to go out for dinner but there is so many restuarants in London to choose from , if you have any good suggestions i would apreciate it, am fond of most foods but not a big fan of Asian! Thanks.

To Kupkab

Looking forward to seeing you, sorry i cant help with the popcoan for carol, but i think Martha knew, which am not surprise, Martha is a lovely lady and we all love her, she is a true Seabourn mascot! Five more Days!!!!

:) Martha, lovely to hear from you see you soon, shall say big hello to everyone on board from you. Take care darlin!!

Sea Hawk we sail at 11pm because of the tide, which is a shame because sailing in/out london during the day is quite special, although its also lovely in the evening! Hope you enjoy your cruise anyway!

:eek: Back to work in Five days:eek:

Hey, 'Hola and Howdy, Cowgirl!

Please give my boyfriend, "Carlo Magno" (Karl) a big Texas sized hug from me! He and Herman, as you know, were bigggg buddies! It was Herman that nicknamed Karl. I so hope he will be our Maitre 'D in Sept. (New York) He's the greatest! By the way, Lulu is busy, busy in preparation of opening his restaurant in France.

Tori and Guy disembark, I believe on July 3rd. I hear from them weekly. All is well on the beautiful Pride vessel. Kevin is doing well and on his vacation at the moment.

Give Missy Alene a hug.......she has been a wee bit lonesome lately. Marie will board in London on July 17th and those two will have alot of "catchin' up" to do.

Yes, I will see you in Sept.....be set for a few surprises!

I send my love across the pond to you!

Miss M.

Of course we will enjoy our cruise regardless of sailing out in the dark. We are chafing at the bits down here in Texas, just waiting to get out of this heat!

We just look forward to doing nothing and returning to our favorite place on earth, any Seabourn ship.

leeAnn,

if you are looking for a fun place to have dinner in london try the woolsley on Picadilly near the Ritz hotel. the food is delicious, the atmosphere interesting and the crowd is fun.

see you on board the pride on july 31st.

Hi All ,The Wolesley is open for Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner,you should try and go as it is really good,I have been twice this week so far, and it is only wednesday.The restaurant is named after a british car maker who used to have there showroom on this very sight in piccadilly

Bon Appetite

John

Archived