Changing cabin selection after booking

ade1982

Hi

I am sure I have asked this before but I can't find the thread through the search.

We have booked a promenade stateroom on the Independence (RCI), booking it back in January. We have since found out that it is possibly not the best cabin we could have chosen. I have been on the RCI website and found what looks to be a better situated cabin (same class of cabin, promenade stateroom), and was wondering if it is actually possible to change? The TA is currently shut.

Since we booked, it has also gone up £50pp. Would we be liable for the difference should we wish to change? I have not yet paid the final amount (which is due next Friday!)

Thank you wonderful people!

The rules are different for Americans than for Europeans....it's best to call whoever you booked with and find out directly.

Here, in America, you can easily change withing the same catagory of cabin....we generally don't have to pay any additional fees, if it's the same CATAGORY of cabin.

But, like I said....you have different rules than we do...don't know why! Good luck!

Hi

I am sure I have asked this before but I can't find the thread through the search.

We have booked a promenade stateroom on the Independence (RCI), booking it back in January. We have since found out that it is possibly not the best cabin we could have chosen. I have been on the RCI website and found what looks to be a better situated cabin (same class of cabin, promenade stateroom), and was wondering if it is actually possible to change? The TA is currently shut.

Since we booked, it has also gone up £50pp. Would we be liable for the difference should we wish to change? I have not yet paid the final amount (which is due next Friday!)

Thank you wonderful people!

Hi, Ive just changed our room even though Ive paid the final payment, we have upgraded though from an Inside to Large Ocean view on Brilliance so I have paid a small amount extra but actually not that much. I think that might be because the ship has some availability.

Prior to upgrading I saw the price had dropped and thanks to CC and our friends across the pond who are very savvy with this, I contacted my TA who negotiated a price reduction on our final bill of £250!

Ive also done this before on the Adventure and changed from an inside to a Junior suite for about £200 which would have cost £££'s difference to book at the outset.

You may well be lucky and not have to pay any difference but you should be able to change rooms. RCI wont negotiate with you though it will have to be through your TA.

Good Luck!

Liz.

:)

Thanks both

I phoned Iglu this morning, and they phoned RCI straight away while I was on the phone, and changed the cabin. I made sure that we didn't have to pay the difference, and that the amount of OBC (which had gone from $200 to $100 since we booked) hadn't gone down.

Perfect. However, there was a problem that Iglu had no record of the £50 M&S voucher incentive that it stated at the time. Fortunately when I booked, they recorded the conversation, and I had indeed asked about it. The guy checked the tapes, and phoned me back an hour later.

Rather than give me the vouchers (which I didn't really want), they deducted £50 off the cost of the holiday. Winner!

Thanks both

I phoned Iglu this morning, and they phoned RCI straight away while I was on the phone, and changed the cabin. I made sure that we didn't have to pay the difference, and that the amount of OBC (which had gone from $200 to $100 since we booked) hadn't gone down.

Perfect. However, there was a problem that Iglu had no record of the £50 M&S voucher incentive that it stated at the time. Fortunately when I booked, they recorded the conversation, and I had indeed asked about it. The guy checked the tapes, and phoned me back an hour later.

Rather than give me the vouchers (which I didn't really want), they deducted £50 off the cost of the holiday. Winner!

BRILLIANT NEWS!

have a fabulous cruise!

:D

Liz

Just out of curiosity - we booked a GS on Grandeur, and this category has now sold out; however, there are a few OS rooms available and the price has come down on these. What are chances that I could negotiate to pay a bit more to move up into OS. For example, if the difference is $700 now, could I offer to pay $500 to upgrade so that they could free up a GS, which seems to be in much higher demand?

Archived