Oasis 18th May 2013 - Our first cruise :)

oy8k.jpg

Better late then never, the 18th of May marked the first cruise for my Girlfriend and I :) We are from Australia so it was quite a mission to travel over to Florida haha Needless to say it was worth it.

Our plan was to fly from Sydney to Los Angeles, stay one night in Santa Monica, and then continue flying to Miami.

Santa Monica was great; we were very jet lagged, as believe it or not the overhead light broke early in the flight and remained illuminated the entire night…. Little sleep for us. We just checked out Santa Monica Pier and the nearby shops. Perfect way to break up the trip.

We flew American Airlines the next day across to Miami, I booked us on the 777 service and it was great, very comfortable and relaxing.

Short but sweet, now were in Miami and boarding Oasis tomorrow :)

2y25.jpg

The Cruise….

As I’m sure many of you have experienced, Oasis is one amazing ship. So much to do and so little time sums it up for me haha we didn’t stop all week and still didn’t not get to do everything onboard.

Our cruise had 5950 passengers on board and 2100 crew, but not at any point did it feel crowded or did we have to wait for long. Lots of space for everyone.

We ate at Giovanni's, Chops, Izumi, MDR and Windjammer. All the food was actually great; for sure the specialty restaurants were amazing but no worries with Windjammer and MDR.

Anyone considering going on the ship I can highly suggest to try out, Ice Skating, Zipline and the Flow riders. Or if you just want to relax, the spas over the side of the ship at sunset were a great way to end the day.

As for tours we did “Blue Lagoon” in Nassau, “Turtle Cove” in St Thomas, and “Maho Beach” in St Maarten.

Anyone having doubts…. Don’t worry, it’s an experience and I can say one of the best holidays I’ve been on.

Enjoy the photos

Aaron

What cabin category did you have?

Thanks guys! haha yes for sure, more to come :)

We booked a deluxe guarantee and were given a JS 7632, it was perfect :) Loved the angled balcony, and easy walking to everything. 1 deck up to central park, 1 down to boardwalk or 2 down to promenade.

Aaron

Thanks guys! haha yes for sure, more to come :)

We booked a deluxe guarantee and were given a JS 7632, it was perfect :) Loved the angled balcony, and easy walking to everything. 1 deck up to central park, 1 down to boardwalk or 2 down to promenade.

Aaron

Funny! We were on the same cruise as you, new cruiser, and as 2nd from the top cruiser, booked the same guarantee as you and got JS 7636, right next door. You were so quiet I didn't even know you were there. We loved the location and convenience, too. I felt like the room assignment was a real gift. We loved it (the ship and location) so much that we are booked to go back for our 2nd cruise on this ship, same room, opposite side, one deck up. Picked it intentionally this time - not a guarantee - but still on the hump first one back from the angled balcony.

Gina

Funny! We were on the same cruise as you, new cruiser, and as 2nd from the top cruiser, booked the same guarantee as you and got JS 7636, right next door. You were so quiet I didn't even know you were there. We loved the location and convenience, too. I felt like the room assignment was a real gift. We loved it (the ship and location) so much that we are booked to go back for our 2nd cruise on this ship, same room, opposite side, one deck up. Picked it intentionally this time - not a guarantee - but still on the hump first one back from the angled balcony.

Gina

Haha small world... We were both very lucky with the GTY allocations.

Enjoy your next cruise, I did the same but on Allure haha

Have a good weekend

Aaron

Archived