Barcelona City Tour - Red Bus

palermo22

There are two routes: East and West. If we only have time for one - which route is better?

Walking Tours: Can someone recommend a walking tour they were actually on - that would take up no more than three hours?

There are two routes: East and West. If we only have time for one - which route is better?

Walking Tours: Can someone recommend a walking tour they were actually on - that would take up no more than three hours?

Which route is 'better' depends on what you want to see.

There is a list of stops for both routes on my HoHo page in my Barcelona Information pages (link in my signature).

I cannot give any recommendations on walking tours as I have not been on any.

Hi Carol, love your posts. I see the routes on your website. We're at the Majestic for a day before our cruise. Looks like the Blue bus, blue route goes from near the hotel (La Pedrera?) to Sagrada Familia. If we get off there and back on after the tour, does the route do a complete circle back to La Pedrera and how long does it take? We'd love to do this since we only have the day and night then board the ship.

Hi Carol, love your posts. I see the routes on your website. We're at the Majestic for a day before our cruise. Looks like the Blue bus, blue route goes from near the hotel (La Pedrera?) to Sagrada Familia. If we get off there and back on after the tour, does the route do a complete circle back to La Pedrera and how long does it take? We'd love to do this since we only have the day and night then board the ship.

Your hotel is between 2 HoHo stops - La Pedrera and Casa Batlló (La Pedrera is perhaps very slightly nearer).

Both these stops are on both companies and on both routes for each company. If you want a route that goes to Sagrada Familia you can choose either Barcelona City Tours East Route or Bus Turistic Blue Route.

The difference between the two is the order of the stops.

City Tours is La Pedrera then Casa Batlló (ie heading south along Passeig de Gràcia). This would mean getting on at Casa Batlló travelling 11 stops to Sagrada Familia then afterwards getting back on the same route, travelling 4 stops and getting off at La Pedrera.

Bus Turistic is Casa Batlló then La Pedrera (ie heading north along Passeig de Gràcia). This would mean getting on at La Pedrera travelling 1 stop to Sagrada Familia then afterwards getting back on the same route, travelling 11 stops and getting off at Casa Batlló.

Both routes are circular and take about 2 hours to complete the entire route

In other words City Bus would mean most of the time on the bus BEFORE Sagrada Familia while Bus Turistic would be much quicker getting to Sagrada Familia with most of the time on the bus AFTER.

I know that all sounds rather complicated but if you look at the list of stops or the maps (both on my web page) you will hopefully see what I mean.

We are going to be in Bareclona Oct 4-9. What is the best way to get from airport to downtown area? Also what are the fun interesting to do in the Barcelona?

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic

welcome.gif

You can find the answer to these questions on my Barcelona information pages (link in my signature)

Your hotel is between 2 HoHo stops - La Pedrera and Casa Batlló (La Pedrera is perhaps very slightly nearer).

Both these stops are on both companies and on both routes for each company. If you want a route that goes to Sagrada Familia you can choose either Barcelona City Tours East Route or Bus Turistic Blue Route.

The difference between the two is the order of the stops.

City Tours is La Pedrera then Casa Batlló (ie heading south along Passeig de Gràcia). This would mean getting on at Casa Batlló travelling 11 stops to Sagrada Familia then afterwards getting back on the same route, travelling 4 stops and getting off at La Pedrera.

Bus Turistic is Casa Batlló then La Pedrera (ie heading north along Passeig de Gràcia). This would mean getting on at La Pedrera travelling 1 stop to Sagrada Familia then afterwards getting back on the same route, travelling 11 stops and getting off at Casa Batlló.

Both routes are circular and take about 2 hours to complete the entire route

In other words City Bus would mean most of the time on the bus BEFORE Sagrada Familia while Bus Turistic would be much quicker getting to Sagrada Familia with most of the time on the bus AFTER.

I know that all sounds rather complicated but if you look at the list of stops or the maps (both on my web page) you will hopefully see what I mean.

Thank you Carol. Can't wait to visit this wonderful city.

Hi Carol! Our family will be on a cruise next May through the Western Med. One of our stops is Barcelona from early in the morning until about 5pm. We will have our two toddlers with us on the trip. If we opt to take them out of the kiddie care program on board and use our double stroller (which easily folds flat!) what do you suggest would be a good and somewhat inexpensive sight seeing excursion? We won't have car seats so unless we are on buses/shuttles, I'm not sure a private car will work? In years past my husband and I have walked Las Ramblas and ate but this time we are looking to do something as a family if possible. Even if only for a few hours. Any suggestions? We'll be on a royal Caribbean Cruise so would start our morning from the port.

Many thanks!

Hi,

we will be on a cruise in September and one of the port is Barcelona. We are planning to go on a city tour with HoHo bus to see as much as we can. Is there a bus stop for these buses near port and where can we buy hoho tickets when we arrive there ( can they be bought on the bus?) If we decide to hop off the bus and see one of the sightseeing, how long we will have to wait for the next bus?

Thanks in advance;)

Hi,

we will be on a cruise in September and one of the port is Barcelona. We are planning to go on a city tour with HoHo bus to see as much as we can. Is there a bus stop for these buses near port and where can we buy hoho tickets when we arrive there ( can they be bought on the bus?) If we decide to hop off the bus and see one of the sightseeing, how long we will have to wait for the next bus?

Thanks in advance;)

Both of the HOHO bus lines have a stop at the Columbus statue where the port and Las Ramblas meet.

Go back to the posting by Carol [# 6--English in Spain] and follow her signature to the information pages on Barcelona. She has all of the information you need.

I am in Barcelona right now and just some quick tips/info if u do not want to click into carols pages which are awesome!!

The hoho bus is 34 for adults and covers all routes 2 days, I think 27 for one day. I thought I had to pick a route. If u buy at your hotel you save 5$, so that was good. I really like these buses and swore I would never use one so I'm recommending as lots of walking in Barcelona.

Go to the soccer stadium, 23 euro but 5 percent discount in hoho bus brochure. Buy tickets at stadium. No lines.

Buy sagrada familia online as line is long.

Parc guell..go early as it is very hot. Awesome!

Ask for receipts from taxi drivers as a few people have mentioned a few scams. Carol said they can get reported so ask for receipts. I have got overcharged once and also have been charged for luggage.

I asked at a money exchange place today how much they would give me for one hundred us dollars and it was 59 euro, just though I'd give u that info. Not good so use other sourrces.

Amazing city! Love the street performers. Could spend weeks here! Make sure u book pre or post cruise for a few days for sure.

I am in Barcelona right now and just some quick tips/info if u do not want to click into carols pages which are awesome!! [Actually Carol took her pages down]

The hoho bus is 34 for adults and covers all routes 2 days, I think 27 for one day. I thought I had to pick a route. If u buy at your hotel you save 5$, so that was good. I really like these buses and swore I would never use one so I'm recommending as lots of walking in Barcelona.

Go to the soccer stadium, 23 euro but 5 percent discount in hoho bus brochure. Buy tickets at stadium. No lines.

Buy sagrada familia online as line is long.

Parc guell..go early as it is very hot. Awesome!

Ask for receipts from taxi drivers as a few people have mentioned a few scams. Carol said they can get reported so ask for receipts. I have got overcharged once and also have been charged for luggage.

I asked at a money exchange place today how much they would give me for one hundred us dollars and it was 59 euro, just though I'd give u that info. Not good so use other sourrces.

Amazing city! Love the street performers. Could spend weeks here! Make sure u book pre or post cruise for a few days for sure.

OK--do not stop now. Any bits of information are great.

Taxi drivers are questionable in my opinion. I even asked for a receipt. Hotel colon to airport 44 euro. The hotel said around 35 but no more than 40.

I loved Barcelona but did not find it cheap. Get some euros out folks, lol!! There are some cafes down the side streets where I got sangria for 2.50 glass. That was nice. I actually paid over 4 euro for an ice cream that was really small by parc guell and a block away was half price. I don't know where my head was that day haha.. Any thing u like to know?

The great thing though besides everything, is I did not see any pick pockets. Just be smart and u will have no trouble at all. Don't be concerned about it, no need to worry at all in my opinion.

If u choose to stay in hotels on squares, they are very noisy so bring ear plugs. Barcelona seems to go till 5 am. The hotels on the squares add such great flavor to your stay though that sometimes they are worth the sleepless nights, lol!!

I will definitely be back one day I hope!!

One ticket includes all . I was going to buy just the red but they said all are included. I used the red twice and the blue about three times.Just over two hours to ride the routes. I really enjoyed them to my surprise as not being familiar with the city it helped a lot. One night we got lost, and we just hopped on a bus back to our hotel, lol. They only run till 8 though but they come often. I never had a problem with waiting. If one bus is full and u don't get on, the next comes pretty quick.

One ticket includes all . I was going to buy just the red but they said all are included. I used the red twice and the blue about three times.Just over two hours to ride the routes. I really enjoyed them to my surprise as not being familiar with the city it helped a lot. One night we got lost, and we just hopped on a bus back to our hotel, lol. They only run till 8 though but they come often. I never had a problem with waiting. If one bus is full and u don't get on, the next comes pretty quick.

Actually there are two entirely different HOHO buses.

The Blue Bus is the Barcelona Bus Touristic. It is a double-decker bus that is blue in color. They have different routes that may be labeled by a color. I think it is owned by the city of Barcelona.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Barcelona-Hop-on-Hop-Off-Tour-North-to-South-Route/d562-2512BBUS

The other one is Barcelona Tour Hop on Hop off. It is a double-decker bus that is RED in color. They have different routes, too. It is privately owned.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Barcelona/Barcelona-Hop-on-Hop-Off-Tour-East-to-West-Route/d562-2140BCNHOP

Archived