A question about the Cheers program..

thesanders08

not sure you would want to do that anyway because I believe there is a maximum number of drinks you can get in a 24 hour time period. On my dream cruise in January of this year that was the case. It may have changed by now.

Are they against you buying like a round of drinks for people when you use it with the cheers program ?? Like if I got it and got my husband and a friend a drink off of it. Are you able to do that ?

Yes!

and

No!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Are they against you buying like a round of drinks for people when you use it with the cheers program ?? Like if I got it and got my husband and a friend a drink off of it. Are you able to do that ?

i believe if your DH and or friend are sharing the same cabin with you and they're over

21, they would also have to purchase the cheers program:confused:

That's the way I understand it, anyway.

Okay I was not sure how that all worked. Be nice if they would come out with a program that you can do the drinks and have someone on it. I do not think I could do 15 drinks a day, but I could do like 6 or 7. Which like 7 is already $70 a day..Which it would be smarted to do the $58 for 15 drinks.

Okay I was not sure how that all worked. Be nice if they would come out with a program that you can do the drinks and have someone on it. I do not think I could do 15 drinks a day, but I could do like 6 or 7. Which like 7 is already $70 a day..Which it would be smarted to do the $58 for 15 drinks.

Not if you have 3 folks in the room. Each person over 21 has to buy the program, so it is like $150 a day per cabin. Just you & hubby would be $100 a day x number of cruise days.

Also:

From John Healds Facebook page...

John Heald

I was asked earlier today about the Cheers bar program and if it can be used on our private island Half Moon Cay. Originally we had not allowed this but as many of you requested for it we now allow the program to be used while ashore there. Cheers

Also:

From John Healds Facebook page...

John Heald

I was asked earlier today about the Cheers bar program and if it can be used on our private island Half Moon Cay. Originally we had not allowed this but as many of you requested for it we now allow the program to be used while ashore there. Cheers

What's the date on that? As of about 2 weeks ago it was unavailable.

Actually they changed it and you CAN use Cheers on HMC.

From Carnival's FAQ section:

Mischelle Beattie Coccera

Hi Linda. Just heard back and nothing had changed; guests can use the Cheers Program in Half Moon Cay!

No idea where this post is from or how old. Interestingly..it says nothing has changed...I suspect thats an old post...CHeers did indeed change...when they removed it from HMC

As to John whoever on FB....I don't do FB....but call Carnival....they will tell you it is NOT for use OFF the ship and that INCLUDES private islands.

Like any program when first introduced...they tweak it...and they did, added it to more ships, upped the price a tad, removed HMC. If its changed back to HMC being allowed....Carnival reps dont know anything about that. That wouldnt be a first I know lol....but :)

No idea where this post is from or how old. Interestingly..it says nothing has changed...I suspect thats an old post...CHeers did indeed change...when they removed it from HMC

As to John whoever on FB....I don't do FB....but call Carnival....they will tell you it is NOT for use OFF the ship and that INCLUDES private islands.

Like any program when first introduced...they tweak it...and they did, added it to more ships, upped the price a tad, removed HMC. If its changed back to HMC being allowed....Carnival reps dont know anything about that. That wouldnt be a first I know lol....but :)

You copied and pasted the info in posts 13 and 14 from somewhere, right? What was the date on wherever you copied them from? It is useless information without dates.

I didnt copy and paste them. I quoted the person who did paste them

Personally, I was answering that post that pasted them. I was saying that was old information.

I did try to find that post from Mischelle whoever on Carnival....the one someone posted here....and it appears to be over 6 months old. I was pointing out the program has changed since those old posts are being "pasted" here as "new" changes. They aren't. HMC is not included, as per Carnival :)

edit: to clariy: I was trying to correct what I believe to be misinformation being provided. Once. Then I was corrected. By what appears to be 6 month old information I think. So I tried to correct it, again :) I'm going be quiet now :)

No worries at all :) Just trying to help clarify for people. They get on the ship and get ticked because it doesn't include HMC. And it used to! I actually called Carnival the other day and told them it should be listed on the FAQ's for Cheers that it does not include HMC. Their attitude: we tell people it is only for use onboard the ship. I said ok...then why not put THAT on the FAQ's?? Answer: We tell them when they buy it. My answer: (I can be a smarty lol) but YOU dont sell it to them, they cant buy if before the cruise! Answer: well if they ASK us we tell them. Ummmm....ok. Wouldnt it just be easier to update the FAQ?? Heck BV prices are updated regularly lol, (but that a whole other story) I would think after changing the program that they could manage that slight inclusion on the FAQ page...its only one line required after all :) Does not include beverages on private islands...seems simple enough to me.

Archived