Question about washing clothes

Hobbitmomma

Just a quick note--you don't have to wash your bathing suit at night. all the pools I've seen onboard have a shower nearby. Just go to the shower right after you get out of the pool and rinse the chlorine off the suit (and you), then go sit by pool for a little while to dry off a bit. I sit on extra towels if needed. Nice to get the chlorine out of the material and you can rinse yourself off too.

Just an option.

good luck

ML

Just a quick note--you don't have to wash your bathing suit at night. all the pools I've seen onboard have a shower nearby. Just go to the shower right after you get out of the pool and rinse the chlorine off the suit (and you), then go sit by pool for a little while to dry off a bit. I sit on extra towels if needed. Nice to get the chlorine out of the material and you can rinse yourself off too.

Just an option.

good luck

ML

Actually, you are supposed to use the showers before and after using the pool, but no one bothers. Good suggestion, especially if you use the hot tubs a lot, as the high chlorine level has boiled out the stitching in some swimwear after a couple of days.

Usually I bring a little Woolite or similar hand washing liquid in a small bottle for my hand washables, as well as the allergen-free detergent for use in the self-service laundry room (we have someone who's allergic to regular detergent in our family). I forgot the last time, so I used the bar soap provided to get some suds going. I also forgot the clothes hook (I swear I was about to grab both while packing, but maybe I got distracted by a phone call or something), so I was using the wire hangers we were using in the garment bag and hanged the items on the clothesline in the shower.

Some of the items were machine washable but were items belonging to my daughter and me that I usually air dry or partially air dry, and I didn't trust my hubby to wait for me to come with him to the laundry room (he throws all of his clothes automatically in the dryer and on a high setting).

I almost always end up washing something when I'm cruising. I just take a travel size tide with me and use a little bit in the sink with each item. If you rinse well, roll up and squeeze out the excess water with a towel I've had everything but pants dry over night. I refuse to travel with anything more than my carry on suitcase and my tote bag so the max clothes I bring is about 5-6 days worth.

Archived