Upsell Fairy

jayman31

The upsell fairy called and I missed it...luckily she left me a message to call back...she was wanting to offer us a suite from our current balcony cabin. I called back and left a message, hopefully I will hear back from her tomorrow as there are still plenty of suites available. I also hope that offer is reasonable, right now if I was to switch on my own it would cost $500, fingers are crossed her offer is a lot lower than that ;)

Does this so-called "upgrade fairy" only call past guests?

No, but its totally random. There are past guests who have taken dozens of cruises over many decades who never receive "the call" and new cruisers who do.

Good luck. I got the call last week for my July cruise and turned it down. $900 for going from lido balcony to suite on the Breeze for three of us.

The cost difference to get a suite was about $1,500 so it would be a good deal but we like the Lido and can use the saved money for the Cheers program.

I will post back if I hear anything and what the offer was...my fingers are crossed as well....it does seem there are plenty of cabins available in all categories on this sailing

fingers crossed for you. Let us know what happens.

I have received TWO offers on upgrades over the past two weeks and declined both. I have never sailed Carnival either. $30 to move from Aft OceanView to Midship Ocean View and $350 to move to Midship Balcony. Not worth it for us. But apparently the "Upgrade Fairy" graces both new cruisersand past guest. I'm proof :D

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Forums mobile app

We've received calls from the upsell fairy on just about every cruise since we turned platinum. We usually accept the offer. We were on the Glory in the Caribbean last month and went from a balcony to a suite. We decided to splurge since it was a big birthday for DH and he wanted the suite.

Good luck!

Well she called back and I declined the offer...the cost was $250 per person, which is the exact difference between my current cabin and if I was to upgrade to the OS on my own...I think the fairy needs to go back and sharpen her pencil to make this worth while for anyone. I see they still have around 8 OS remaining...

Our cruise is on July 29th, doing the Canadian cruise out of New York City

That's too bad. All of the upsell fairies that have called me have offered a better deal (I always check online to compare prices.)

The one that called you doesn't even deserve to be called a fairy!

Well she called back and I declined the offer...the cost was $250 per person, which is the exact difference between my current cabin and if I was to upgrade to the OS on my own...I think the fairy needs to go back and sharpen her pencil to make this worth while for anyone. I see they still have around 8 OS remaining...

Our cruise is on July 29th, doing the Canadian cruise out of New York City

Disappointing upsell call for sure. Thats all it was...an upsell call.

That's too bad. All of the upsell fairies that have called me have offered a better deal (I always check online to compare prices.)

The one that called you doesn't even deserve to be called a fairy!

AKA, Upsell Troll! :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

AKA, Upsell Troll! :)

LOL good one

She also asked if I have ever stayed in an OS before and I said "yes my last four cruises"..."oh I didn't check your cruise history"....I find that hard to believe, probably why I got the call in the first place....

So no suite this time...but we are looking forward to trying out the aft wrap balcony for the first time :)

I booked with a friend once and the upswell fairy called. This was our first time cruising. She took the balcony and declined it for me and her daughter's room. She didn't "think" I wanted to pay more. Ugh.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've received calls from the upsell fairy on just about every cruise since we turned platinum. We usually accept the offer. We were on the Glory in the Caribbean last month and went from a balcony to a suite. We decided to splurge since it was a big birthday for DH and he wanted the suite.

Good luck!

Been platinum for a long time and got a couple calls before,but never after turning platinum. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for how they select who to call.

Archived