Kon Tiki Excursion St Thomas

critcatny

Hi, I have seen many reviews on the Kon Tiki excursion in St Thomas and everyone seems to love it but they speak of mostly of the fun they have on the boat ride. We are also taking it to try another really nice beach in St Thomas (have gone to Magens Bay on a past cruise) and want to know if Honeymoon Beach has nice clean sand and clear water. Another question I had was that we liked the idea of the glass bottom boat but other reviews mentioned they only do that for a few minutes. Can anyone tell me more about that? Do you see much? Thank you in advance :)

We did this excursion in March and enjoyed it. Personally I did not care for Honeymoon Beach. I didn't get in the water there. There was no place to sit other than on the sand. No chairs. There were a couple of picnic tables there but they were taken. There was a very rustic bathroom and a bar there. I didn't stay off the boat long. Just got back on and enjoyed the breeze in the shade. We stayed there a little too long for me.

But we really had fun on the boat. The cruise around the harbor in St. Thomas was interesting. They told us about everything we were seeing. And on the way back after we left the beach they had music and dancing and a limbo contest.

If we do it again I wouldn't get off at the beach.

This was a good excursion. Scenic view on the way to the beach. As a previous person said, the sand is your chair. The beach was nice, but I didn't get in the water :rolleyes:.

This will be your boat:

232323232%7Ffp63552%3Enu%3D3368%3E838%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D38543589%3A%3B337nu0mrj

The beach:

232323232%7Ffp63584%3Enu%3D3368%3E838%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D38543589%3A3337nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3C7%3Enu%3D3368%3E838%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D38543589%3B2337nu0mrj

Live music on the boat:

232323232%7Ffp63638%3Enu%3D3368%3E838%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3854358993337nu0mrj

On the boat view:

232323232%7Ffp63549%3Enu%3D3368%3E838%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D385435897%3A337nu0mrj

We went to Honeymoon Beach with a different excursion (Virgin Breeze Power Cat). We saw the Kon Tiki boat there at the island. One end of the beach was full of shells and hurt to walk on but our guide told us to swim down a bit to go on shore and it was beautiful sand. We were there at sunset and enjoyed how quiet it was. Nobody selling anything and not crowded like megan's bay. i'll try to post a couple pictures here.

858532226_honeymoonbeach.jpg.0228939018230fbce29d3792757bdb69.jpg

2011380724_honey2.jpg.2e810285851b5157496edcaf1020b4ae.jpg

You couldn't really see much from the glass bottom panels on the boat. They stop over a reef and open the cover. There are two panels of glass. There are so many people on the boat that unless you got a spot right next to the glass you couldn't see anything. I managed to make my way to the front (finally) and still couldn't see clearly. Looked like the glass could have used a good cleaning. We found if we leaned over the side of the boat and looked down into the water we could see better-the water was really clear.

You couldn't really see much from the glass bottom panels on the boat. They stop over a reef and open the cover. There are two panels of glass. There are so many people on the boat that unless you got a spot right next to the glass you couldn't see anything. I managed to make my way to the front (finally) and still couldn't see clearly. Looked like the glass could have used a good cleaning. We found if we leaned over the side of the boat and looked down into the water we could see better-the water was really clear.

:rolleyes: This seems to always have been true! Certainly no reason to make this a priority to book this excursion ... but the other things are good!

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you all for your input. I really was hoping the glassbottom boat part would've been better that what you've explained :( But it still sounds like a fun excursion and that the beach will be nice.

We did Kon Tiki several years ago and was very disappointed. The glass on glass bottom feature was hard to see through, scratched and dirty. They really didn't do anything in the way of much entertaining...

The only good thing was that it took us to a small island off St Thomas which was nice because other than a few locals selling stuff, it was just the group from our excursion.

Hopefully they've re-vamped it over time.

Archived