Fireworks on Dream?

coloxray

We have been on several RCI cruises but want to try a 3 day Disney cruise combined with our trip to WDW. I have been reading the info on the website and watched the DVD from Disney cruise. Both say there are fireworks on most cruises. This is one of the things that made us want to try Disney. Will there be fireworks on a 3 day cruise on the dream leaving Port Canaveral?

yes

the 'most cruises' is their get out of jail card for the weather

'most cruises' of this type visit Castaway Cay .... which ALSO can be a no-go due to weather. Sometimes they just can't get the ship to the pier due to the narrow channel.

They are the finale for the Pirate party.

Does anyone know if they can be seen from the window of an oceanview room (on the correct side, of course), or if you have to head up to the pool deck to see them?

You won't see much from any window...and we got a notice asking us to NOT be on our balcony during the display and not to have anything left out on the balcony. The best view is from Deck 10 on the Magic and Wonder, deck 11 or 12 on the Fantasy or Dream.

They were neat too! Not only are there fireworks, there is a complete live action stunt show with Captain Jack. We went on the 3 day Dream. A land and sea WDW vacation is the absolute best! Great choice. Castaway cay is amazing. I grew up on RCCL (last one 02) but have cruised CCL the last 4 cruises (since 07) and now I am just a DC addict! Those 3 days were so much unbelievably different than the cliche cruise lines! Wow. Also don't forget that you can bring literally whatever and however many beverages you want on board with you. (No smuggling required, nor is a soda card, as the drink machines are free.) It will be a very very long time before I spend one dime cruising another line. I need that dime for my next Disney Cruise! :) they were rated number one by JD Power in a recent survey. Also if you want you can dress up like pirates like we did! (And others too, but you don't have to of course).

Hope you have a great trip!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

We took a 5 night Dream cruise last August with a double dip to Castaway Cay. We had some awful weather for our first stop at CC. The captain worked hard to get us docked and it took us awhile but he did it. Unfortunately we missed our kayaking excursion but we stayed at the island longer. During the finale of the Pirate Party, the fireworks would not fire but the crew worked on the problem and we saw them the next night. The point of all this is that DCL works very hard to make sure that get the most out of your cruise and are able to see and do as much as possible during your time with them.

Thank you all for your answers. We are booking an October cruise and we can't wait.

So excited for you! They are so fun. October weather is going to be hot and beautiful, as long as you don't get any hurricane weather (Oct is kinda smack dab in the middle, so its chancy, but if you don't get any, the water will be warm and gorgeous!) so the odds of you making it to Castaway Cay and having fireworks as long as you don't get a tropical disturbance are VERY high! (As opposed to cruising in Dec/Jan when winter weather can make it harder to dock at CC.)

We went in Mid April, and our fireworks and pirate party were a blast! We all brought pirate outfits to wear, and there were plenty that did too (and plenty that didn't, so it's all up to you!) and there is a live action stunt show with Jack Sparrow on the lido deck that leads into the fireworks show. Get up there early cuz it was SUPER packed out and hard to get a good viewing spot!

What a fantastic trip. They have the magic everywhere, and I will be interested to see your comparison of the two cruise lines.

You won't have much of a view from a window.

You can't stay out on your balcony to watch them as they send out a more to all verandas on the starboard aide saying to keep the balcony door closed. If it is a window you won't be able to see much of anything. However if you don't want to be with the crowds and music go to the jogging track on deck 4 on the starboard side and you will be able to see the fireworks from there.

• 2 years later...
You can't stay out on your balcony to watch them as they send out a more to all verandas on the starboard aide saying to keep the balcony door closed. If it is a window you won't be able to see much of anything. However if you don't want to be with the crowds and music go to the jogging track on deck 4 on the starboard side and you will be able to see the fireworks from there.

I just did a search on this very subject and found this thread.

It is just dh and myself and we have seen the fireworks many times. We were thinking of watching them from deck 4. Any other experiences of watching them from there? Thanks!

I just want to add, they are awesome! On a calm sea night it is amazing. The funny part is Disney has to send out an "all ships in area" message several times before the show so no other ships thinks it is emergency flares!

I just did a search on this very subject and found this thread.

It is just dh and myself and we have seen the fireworks many times. We were thinking of watching them from deck 4. Any other experiences of watching them from there? Thanks!

Anyone?