Thomson - Phone call to say tickets in

Just git a phone call from Thomson to tell me that tickets are with them (a good start as we booked with them!) and they tried to sell me currency - Turkish Lira - only problem is that I am not going anywhere near Turkey !

You would think that they would do a little checking before embarrassing themselves ! Doesn't build confidence!

Just git a phone call from Thomson to tell me that tickets are with them (a good start as we booked with them!) and they tried to sell me currency - Turkish Lira - only problem is that I am not going anywhere near Turkey !

You would think that they would do a little checking before embarrassing themselves ! Doesn't build confidence!

I would check the tickets carefully when you get them. Last year when we picked ours up the girl mentioned currency and when I said we wanted Kuna the girl said "but you aren't going to Croatia". It turned out the tickets only contained the first week's itinerary and she was using the booklet to anticipate what we might need. We never did get a replacement booklet but it didn't matter anyway as the flight section was correct.

Was it someone with an accent from the Indian continent? When we paid our balance they tried to get us to pay and book reserved seats on our flight. We are on a cruise only from UK!

When we received our E-tickets it was 90% info re luggage allowance on flights and carry on restrictions. No info on our free parking package. I had to ask on this forum for help.

You only hear good things about Thomson ships, crew, food friendly passengers. Their communications seem somewhat lacking!

Was it someone with an accent from the Indian continent? When we paid our balance they tried to get us to pay and book reserved seats on our flight. We are on a cruise only from UK!

When we received our E-tickets it was 90% info re luggage allowance on flights and carry on restrictions. No info on our free parking package. I had to ask on this forum for help.

You only hear good things about Thomson ships, crew, food friendly passengers. Their communications seem somewhat lacking!

I have to agree about the confidence and communication. Just over a week ago I booked 7 nights on the Majesty departing Malaga next March, cruise only. The online booking was horrendous it took my money and then gave no booking confirmation, I gave them, a call and it was sorted with a promise of an email confirmation later that day which did not arrive. I called them the following day and eventually the confirmation arrived in my inbox but there was no mention of the £300 deposit paid the balance outstanding was the full balance, another call and they promised me a revised confirmation detailing the balance less the deposit paid. Nothing received so I called them and was told they couldn't email the confirmation it had to be posted. By that time I had lost the will to argue and am waiting patiently for my correct confirmation to arrive on the post.

I usually book online but booked through Thomsons shop this year, had a call last week to say that tickets had arrived. When I was reading through them at home I noticed that I had to go online and put In API, I would've thought that the Travel Agent would have one his for us or at least made us aware that this needed to be done, how many people don't read the small print on their tickets? I go on the Celebration 22nd July, can't wait now .

I usually book online but booked through Thomsons shop this year, had a call last week to say that tickets had arrived. When I was reading through them at home I noticed that I had to go online and put In API, I would've thought that the Travel Agent would have one his for us or at least made us aware that this needed to be done, how many people don't read the small print on their tickets? I go on the Celebration 22nd July, can't wait now .

sorry what is API ? :confused:

API = Advance Passenger Information.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/important-information/api-requirements.html

It's not the travel agents responsibility to action this - but they should make clients aware that it's required.

I believe Thomsons shops will do it for customers - but they charge £5 if you booked online.

Straightforward procedure online.

sorry what is API ? :confused:

Hi it's just advanced passenger information you have to do this now for airline just to know who you are supposed to be its law now just takes 5minutes .

Once you have done it with a airline they have then got your info and you should not have to do it again I think.

Keith

Hi it's just advanced passenger information you have to do this now for airline just to know who you are supposed to be its law now just takes 5minutes .

Once you have done it with a airline they have then got your info and you should not have to do it again I think.

Keith

It's not just a one off. You have to do API EVERY time you fly out of UK

A thousand apologies in advance for being pedantic - it's Advance Passenger Information, only one 'd' - better get my tin helmet on now......incoming.

The USA also requires your country of residence (may be different from your passport), your address in the US and a redress number, if applicable.

I've no idea what a redress number is - anybody got a clue ?

I have to say, that, in my opinion, Thomas Cook do better than Thomsons in this area.

When you book they send an A4 page with details of all passport, visa and health requirements etc. for all countries, EU and non EU to which they offer holiday packages.

A thousand apologies in advance for being pedantic - it's Advance Passenger Information, only one 'd' - better get my tin helmet on now......incoming.

The USA also requires your country of residence (may be different from your passport), your address in the US and a redress number, if applicable.

I've no idea what a redress number is - anybody got a clue ?

I have to say, that, in my opinion, Thomas Cook do better than Thomsons in this area.

When you book they send an A4 page with details of all passport, visa and health requirements etc. for all countries, EU and non EU to which they offer holiday packages.

Always clearly states it on our Thomson Documentation..,,.

Keith

Not just for airlines, also for cruises from Britain :)

"Once you have done it with a airline they have then got your info and you should not have to do it again I think."

Keith

I suspect it's not quite as simple as that.

If your passport has expired after your initial API data is recorded and you book another holiday the travel agent or airline etc. won't have your new details.

Not just for airlines, also for cruises from Britain :)

Not sure that is true. By definition, it's AIR passenger information. We sail in 2 weeks and we have completed all the documentation we have been inundated with, none was API. We sail from Southampton.

We register API every year for our flights to Tenerife. The airline requests that we do it.

I can't understand how you would only need to do it once as it is a record of specific trips you are making, so needs to be done each time you leave the country. That is my understanding.

"I can't understand how you would only need to do it once as it is a record of specific trips you are making, so needs to be done each time you leave the country. That is my understanding."

It is per journey. However, I think the poster meant that once you have submitted API once then the airline would have all your personal information on record so they could complete it again the next time you booked.

However, as I said, passport details might have changed.

"I can't understand how you would only need to do it once as it is a record of specific trips you are making, so needs to be done each time you leave the country. That is my understanding."

It is per journey. However, I think the poster meant that once you have submitted API once then the airline would have all your personal information on record so they could complete it again the next time you booked.However, as I said, passport details might have changed.

We use Easyjet to Tenerife every September and they ask us to complete it.

didn't do it in Oct last year as cruise was with RCCI and flight was with jet2.com (cruise booked via RCCI/Thomsons)

this year Thoms cruise and Thoms jetair - my booking ref No won't work with thoms jetair - so TA will have to complete for me, like they did last year I guess

thats the reason why you can't book seats/extra luggage allowance with thoms jetair, as booking ref with Thomsons cruises and their systems don't/can't talk to each other

will check with TA to be sure though

didn't do it in Oct last year as cruise was with RCCI and flight was with jet2.com (cruise booked via RCCI/Thomsons)

this year Thoms cruise and Thoms jetair - my booking ref No won't work with thoms jetair - so TA will have to complete for me, like they did last year I guess

thats the reason why you can't book seats/extra luggage allowance with thoms jetair, as booking ref with Thomsons cruises and their systems don't/can't talk to each other

will check with TA to be sure though

We flew with Thomson Jetairfly and I did API online although booked with independent T.A. so Thomsons booking ref. no. must have worked.

Archived