Day Pass Options Summarized; Request for feedback

muirhejs

Not punky here.. but I can tell you how to get to the #10 jitney.

From the Port Gate, got straight 1 block to Bay Street. Make a right.

Walk 3 short blocks -- pass the straw market. On the left is George Street. You board the bus on George at Bay Street. Someone will be on the corner telling you where to board.

It's $1.25pp Pay as you get off the bus. Driver generally does not give change. US or Bah $ accepted.

Ride takes about 15 minutes. Just tell the driver where you want to get off. He'll let you know when to get off. You can miss it.. easy peasy.

Thanks Scuba for the info. Since snorkeling isn't the greatest at Nassau, is there some place that is better than others for shell hunting?

Since we are going without kids this time, which beach/resort would you suggest for two about-40-somethings that want to relax, maybe drink a few adult beverages, and enjoy the water?

Is there anyone you could suggest for a local tour?

Thanks in advance,

Darcy

Since the beaches in Nassau are so frequently visited, shelling is not great - especially in the vicinity of the port.

The Hilton and Melia are both great places to relax - nice beaches, fairly quiet. Both do their best to keep it that was during spring break :)

We took a day excursion to Rose Island one time which was really nice - I still have shells from that trip - it included food and bev and we had the greater part of the beach to ourselves - but you do need time.

Another suggestion is to try a rum tour - we took a Booze and Bites tour a few months back that was great - it was 2 hours. We toured the distillery, drinks and appetizers were included and the tour guide was excellent - very pleasant afternoon.

Lots of options. The key to enjoying Nassau is to have a plan :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be traveling during Spring Break with our 18 year old son. We are not interested in dealing with the crowd at Atlantis. So I've been trying to decide between Hilton, Melia and Breezes. We've had a long hard winter so the group thought is I don't care what we do as long as my butt is in the sand. Is it possible to prepurchase day passes for all of these spots or just the Hilton. I like the idea of being close to the ship but do want to have a nice beach. Early departure of 2pm is also affecting my decision.

Melia day passes are available on *****.com

Hilton Day passes are available on Resort For A Day's website.

I personally think that either of those is a better choice than Breezes...They're on the lower end of quality and no doubt will be swamped with spring breakers looking for an all inclusive price on liquor. Hope that helps.

I am new here (recently back from the Bahamas) I've used ***** multiple times for day passes at Melia. Try them out. Great customer service and they're directing their customers here to leave feedback to spread the word.

How "bad" is Breezes?? I was planning on taking 4 teens. BCH would be a little too quiet, and Sheraton costs would add up once I have to feed this group! First week in April, during day. Do you think it will be okay for the 17-18 yo crowd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

How "bad" is Breezes?? I was planning on taking 4 teens. BCH would be a little too quiet, and Sheraton costs would add up once I have to feed this group! First week in April, during day. Do you think it will be okay for the 17-18 yo crowd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

You should check with breezes directly to see if this week is still considered Spring Break. During Spring Break Season, children under 18 are not allowed. Make sure u get the name of the person you speak to.. as they sometimes contradict each other.

+1-242-327-5356

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the newest update regarding Wyndham Day Passes

Thanks CCturner

Melia is not sharing their area any longer.

Melia is doing a more all-inclusive thing so paying for Wyndham does NOT give you access to them;-)

The day passes are now $30, not $20.

Our children, 5 and 8, are free;-)

They have a $10 towel deposit that you get back.

The swim-up bar is still closed.

The slide is OPEN!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2000161

Edited by tikib

does anyone know what the new price and "all inclusive" is at the Sheraton is?? Our cruise leaves Sunday and we were planning to try the Sheraton this time.

I called yesterday (Wednesday 3/5)

Here's what they said.

Day Pass is $30

Day Pass with lunch is $50

Day Pass with indoor Buffet is $75

Same as it was last month. No word on when the prices will change to a full "all inclusive"

Just a note about the Hilton. If you do not use all of your $40 food and beverage credit, the rest of it goes to your waiter as a tip. I wish I knew that before I gave him a cash tip. We had $42 left in credit.

Good tip, thanks! A few other questions:

- Can the food/drink credit can be pooled across all in a given party (ie, a family of four has, in effect, a $160 food/drink credit)?

- Can the food/drink credit be used at any of their restaurants, or just the pool/beach location?

- Assuming they have a sundries/snack shop indoors, can the food/drink credit be used at this 'store' ?

- Can the beach break tickets be purchased from the Hilton itself, or just the two Un-named Resellers ?

Good tip, thanks! A few other questions:

- Can the food/drink credit can be pooled across all in a given party (ie, a family of four has, in effect, a $160 food/drink credit)?

- Can the food/drink credit be used at any of their restaurants, or just the pool/beach location?

- Assuming they have a sundries/snack shop indoors, can the food/drink credit be used at this 'store' ?

- Can the beach break tickets be purchased from the Hilton itself, or just the two Un-named Resellers ?

Food Credit can be pooled. We've done it several times.

It is only good at the Patio Grill between 11:30am and 4:30/5 when they close. In the event of bad weather, they will open either the aqua restaurant or bullion bar and they will set up to take the vouchers (still only between those hours, since they "cash out" at 5.

Beach break tickets can be purchased at the front desk.

According to their facebook page the hilton recommends bahamascruiseexcursions. They discount by $5 , as do the other vendors.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/british-colonial-hilton-nassau/day-passes-for-the-hilton/298053016880505

Thinking of doing the day pass at Sheraton. How far is the cab ride from the port? Thx....:)

Sheraton is now the Melia - 5 miles from port.

You can grab a cab for $18 for 2 ppl, or a jitney for $1.25.

Just came back from our cruise on RCCL Oasis of the Seas. The four of us took a cab ($5 per person) to/from the Melia resort. Watch out for agressive cab drivers, though. One quoted a price of $40, but we just kept walking. We had a wonderful afteroon there. $30 per person for a day pass. Very nice place. I was able to stand up in the ocean all the way to the markers. Very little wave action. Good for young children. The food and drinks are expensive, though. $10.25 for a foo-foo drink in a 12 ounce cup, and $19 for a hamburger and fries. Plan accordingly. Would definitely recommend and go back.

• 2 weeks later...

ScubaGirl…. Are there any other beaches that are within walking distance (Or Jitney) besides Junkanoo?? As much as these resorts sound wonderful, Im not wanting to get a day pass. Can we still have access to these beaches even if we don't have a day pass??

ScubaGirl…. Are there any other beaches that are within walking distance (Or Jitney) besides Junkanoo?? As much as these resorts sound wonderful, Im not wanting to get a day pass. Can we still have access to these beaches even if we don't have a day pass??

Not scuba (she's still on vacation). . Junkanoo is the only walkable beach. YOu can take a jitney($1.25) to cable beach, there are public beaches along cable beach, but they are not maintained or cleaned up, no restrooms or other amenities, no chairs, restrooms, drinks or anything else. If you want to use a hotel beach, you will need to pay for a day pass.