Day Pass Options Summarized; Request for feedback

muirhejs

Which day pass hotel has the best pool? I like the beach, but have a pool is great to for variety, especially when your there all day. Also, which has good drinks and food without being unreasonably?

Melia has 3 pools, a waterfall, swim up bar and zero entry. Wyndham has 1, RIU has 1, Breezes has 1 (they claim it's 2, but it's connected) Hilton has 1. Atlantis has multiples, (only available with a full access pass).

I went to the Majestic Tours web site and can't find any information about Atlantis day passes. Do they still offer these?

Yes, but they are not allowed to advertise. You have to contact them via email or phone.

Yes, but they are not allowed to advertise. You have to contact them via email or phone.

Thank you, Tikib. I am looking for the best deal for two adults for Atlantis day passes.. I have a room booked directly with Comfort Suites, but that is not a great deal when you only have two people.

Thank you, Tikib. I am looking for the best deal for two adults for Atlantis day passes.. I have a room booked directly with Comfort Suites, but that is not a great deal when you only have two people.

Majestic would be the best deal for 2. No discount, but you are guaranteed a pass if you book in advance.

Has anyone been to Junkanoo beach recently? We will be visiting Nassau in May and I am deciding if it's worth the money to spend the day pass at the Hilton vs just hanging out at Junkanoo. It will be 5 adults with 3 kids (all 4 and younger). We are just looking for a decent sandy beach for the kids to play and maybe make a mini sandcastle.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

We are planning to go to Melia hotel with a day pass.

I emailed the hotel and this was the info they provided:

This is the information on day passes.

The day passes for adults is $30.00 per person and children under 12 years old $22.50 per child.

Day pass with lunch at O’ Grill by the poolside $50.00 for adults and child 25% off the $50.00

Market Grill our buffet restaurant $75.00 per adult and children 25% off the $75.00.

Day passes with the all- inclusive

Day Pass - 9:00am - 5:00pm

$115.00 per person

Night Pass - 5:00pm - 2:00am

$125:00 per person

All Day Pass - 9:00am - 2:00am

$165.00 per person

You don't have to purchase in advance because room is not included.. There are two option on getting to the hotel.

(1) Local Buses: Local bus #10 and 10a runs in this area which is called Cable beach. Hours are From 5:30am until 6:45pm at a cost of $1.25 each way.

(2) Taxis are also available at a cost of $18.00 for (2) persons and $3.00 for each additional person.

I read some where they have kayaks and water activities and 3 pools.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems expensive, but offers everything we are looking for, plus it has three pools, the others have one.

But everyone has to research what they are looking for, and decide for themselves. Either way, vacation will be a blast;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to Junkanoo beach recently? We will be visiting Nassau in May and I am deciding if it's worth the money to spend the day pass at the Hilton vs just hanging out at Junkanoo. It will be 5 adults with 3 kids (all 4 and younger). We are just looking for a decent sandy beach for the kids to play and maybe make a mini sandcastle.

Junkanoo beach was nice. It's fairly big and across the street is some shopping and food. You can get wifi at the Duncan Donut shop too. It's not all tourists, you will be mingling with the locals as well. There were quite a few kids there of all ages. Just think of it as a day at beach like Wildwood or Virginia beach.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We were in Nassau 4/30 and took the #10 jitney to Melia. Walked right in to the lobby and purchased two day passes for $30 each (our 2 year old was free). It was one of the best days we've ever had. We were in port from 12-8p and the Melia was great. We ate lunch before we got off the ship, so can't comment on food, but the chairs were nice and Cable Beach was gorgeous. The water was calm and shallow enough for my DD to swim around with us, and there was a nice breeze when we were out of the water just playing in the sand. We would love to spend a week there!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Junkanoo is now our place of choice. We rent from Barry at Jyah, he is the first vendor before the bathroom when you first get to Junkanoo. Great guy, he does an awesome job of raking his part of the beach and keeping it clean. Chairs/umbrellas for rent. Prices the same no matter where in Nassau you go. Beers are not outrageous. There are a number of vendors/bars on the beach that sell food/drink. So plenty to find to eat/drink.

Water is clean and clear and super calm. Some spots on the beach might have some pebbles, but nothing major. We love watching guys jump off the seawall and into the water.

There is a Fat Tuesday's right next door and from the last time we were in Nassau in Feb, and did not get off the ship, it looks like they cleared the space to the right of Barry's between his shop and Fat Tuesday's and may be doing something else.

About a 20-25 minute walk from the ship. Just a great place to spend the day w/o paying the crazy prices the resorts want.

Edited by karena1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Junkanoo is now our place of choice. We rent from Barry at Jyah, he is the first vendor before the bathroom when you first get to Junkanoo. Great guy, he does an awesome job of raking his part of the beach and keeping it clean. Chairs/umbrellas for rent. Prices the same no matter where in Nassau you go. Beers are not outrageous. There are a number of vendors/bars on the beach that sell food/drink. So plenty to find to eat/drink.

Water is clean and clear and super calm. Some spots on the beach might have some pebbles, but nothing major. We love watching guys jump off the seawall and into the water.

There is a Fat Tuesday's right next door and from the last time we were in Nassau in Feb, and did not get off the ship, it looks like they cleared the space to the right of Barry's between his shop and Fat Tuesday's and may be doing something else.

About a 20-25 minute walk from the ship. Just a great place to spend the day w/o paying the crazy prices the resorts want.

This is very helpful and good to hear the beach is good at this spot. So to clarify, we should walk until we see Fat Tuesdays? Is this a far way down or near the beginning? Never been there so a landmark is very helpful.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a suggestion for a day pass that isn't only 9-5? We don't arrive in Nassau until 11am and that just seems like a waste of money to only get a couple hours out of it. We are in port till 10pm. I know Junkanoo is right there but I was hoping for a more all inclusive type thing.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a day pass that isn't only 9-5? We don't arrive in Nassau until 11am and that just seems like a waste of money to only get a couple hours out of it. We are in port till 10pm. I know Junkanoo is right there but I was hoping for a more all inclusive type thing.

After reading this thread, it looks like some of the resorts offer half day evening passes. You just need to ask.