Faster to the Fun...worth it? YES!!!

MomPic

Hi all!

I had FTTF on my 1st Carnival cruise on the Dream in April & have also bought it for the Breeze in Nov. I think it's worth $50 to be able to go to your cabin early & have the special line at customer service.

baymadsus ~ your baggage tags will have the FTTF emblem on them but I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention it. My luggage didn't come that quickly & when it did it was without my lime green strap around it so that was my 1st trip to customer service.:( Never did get the strap back.

~ Jo ~ :)

If you have FTTF there is an icon printed on your baggage tags, so the porters should see that and put your baggage in the appropriate area. But, no harm in mentioning it to them just to be sure.

Will be on the Magic July 21st going to Belize. I believe the voyage previous to ours is the Key West run. Curious, why does port of call in Belize delay subsequent boarding for the next cruise? Customs special scrutiny or ??

You will be fine. Those boarding when you debarking my be delayed. More thorough customs check after Belize. Debark took a little longer.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are on the Inspiration this Friday. We have a Grand Suite, so we have VIP Boarding. Is this the same as FTTF??

No. FTTF also gets you priority tendering, priority debarkation, access to your cabin as soon as you board, early luggage delivery, and the use of the vIP customer service line if you need it. All perks that used to belong to Platinum loyal cruisers only, and now can be bought for 50 dollars a cabin.

Will be on the Magic July 21st going to Belize. I believe the voyage previous to ours is the Key West run. Curious, why does port of call in Belize delay subsequent boarding for the next cruise? Customs special scrutiny or ??

Last Sept. we were onboard the Liberty that had visited Belize. We were in the customs line at just a little faster than a standstill for over an hour. they were doing extra screening for anyone that was not a US citizen. Including Fingerprinting and pictures taken.

Personally, I think if they were going to do this, those folks should have been in a separate line. So the other lines would flow through. We almost missed our flights, and would have, hadn't our flights been delayed.

I'm so excited. We sail on the Magic in November. I had no idea about Faster to the Fun until today. I have sailed in a Suite and loved the perk of priority embarking. We will have our 5 year old with us. We took the Magic last June in a regular balcony and waited in line. He was 3 at the time and did great but this will be much better. We are booked!! YEA!!

Happy Sailing.

Susan

We just got back from the Carnival Inspiration and paid for Faster to the Fun. However, our luggage didn't arrive until 2:30. We already had VIP check-in due to us having a Grand Suite. I didn't think it was worth it as we always check our luggage, so we would not have had anything but our camera and my purse to carry on-board.

We just got back from the Carnival Inspiration and paid for Faster to the Fun. However, our luggage didn't arrive until 2:30. We already had VIP check-in due to us having a Grand Suite. I didn't think it was worth it as we always check our luggage, so we would not have had anything but our camera and my purse to carry on-board.

It doesn't work for everybody. I'm diamond so it doesn't matter but even my luggage is delayed sometimes. I personally wouldn't waste 50 bucks but some folks are rooked in. Its vacation just relax and don't be in such a hurry. Lol.

Does the FTTF logo appear on your boarding pass? We are in a suite and also have purchased the FTTF...I see the FTTF logo on my luggage tags, but I do not see it on the boarding pass, just the "Priority" wording...I was just curious.

Does the FTTF logo appear on your boarding pass? We are in a suite and also have purchased the FTTF...I see the FTTF logo on my luggage tags, but I do not see it on the boarding pass, just the "Priority" wording...I was just curious.

FTTF probably isn't on your boarding pass because as a guest in a suite you get priority boarding.

We just got back from 7 days on the Fantasy and loved FTTF!!! It got us into our room with luggage waiting way before most others. No carrying around bags or coolers of sodas.... All dropped off and enjoying our first drink of the day way early. We had our own line at the service desk and got a call from customer service asking us if we used FTTF for priority tendering at Half Moon Cay. We took our time tendering to HMC and were on Tender 12.... Lots of lounge chairs and plenty of beach to enjoy so we were in no hurry. We did get a special meeting place for disembarkment and pretty sure we were off earlier than most. We chose to let them take our bags and met in the library at 8 am with other FTTF cruisers. This also was wonderful. Lots of porters to push our bags out for us, bus ride to the warehouse and another porter to bring our bags to the car....

FASTER to the FUN is worth it!! Enjoy!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Glad to know you really enjoyed it...we're using FTTF next month and since this is only our second cruise ever, I'm not entirely sure how it's going to go but it looks like it'll probably go pretty smoothly.

And if not, well....my DH has 17 years worth of cust. svc experience. He can get anybody to do anything for him. :D

FTTF is Priority boarding. The Suite passengers and FTTF passengers are given Priority cards and board at the same time.

You are correct in that the Suite passengers board with P/D FIRST and then FTTF boards, BUT FTTF gives much more including the ability to go to your cabin right away, priority line at purser's office, priority tendering and finally the benefit of early disembarkation along with P/D and Suites.

OK I don't get it (I haven't read the whole thread). We have been on several cruises, including carnival, and have always been able to put our carry-on in our cabin when we board. Sure it may take a while to get your checked bags but we have never had to schlep our carry on to the lido for lunch. Has something changed so now you cant access your room when you first board?

OK I don't get it (I haven't read the whole thread). We have been on several cruises, including carnival, and have always been able to put our carry-on in our cabin when we board. Sure it may take a while to get your checked bags but we have never had to schlep our carry on to the lido for lunch. Has something changed so now you cant access your room when you first board?

We've only been on one Carnival cruise but we waited a couple of hours for our room to be ready. They keep the hallway door shut and when the rooms are ready they open them - at least it seemed that way...

It must have been years ago... or you just ignored the closed doors, signs and announcements to the contrary. It has been 1:30(on most cruises) or thereabouts for quite some time.

Some have ignored the signs but with the new system they have people making sure only FTTF, P/D go to the rooms prior to them being opened for the rest of the passengers.

It is listed as an excursion at your embarkation port if its available on your ship. But they sell out fast. I think they only have about 15 available per sailing. If you book relatively last minute you won't find any available. But if you book a year or so in advance you have a pretty good chance of getting one. But I think you can't book excursions unless you have made final payment. At least that has been my experience.

It must have been years ago... or you just ignored the closed doors, signs and announcements to the contrary. It has been 1:30(on most cruises) or thereabouts for quite some time.

Some have ignored the signs but with the new system they have people making sure only FTTF, P/D go to the rooms prior to them being opened for the rest of the passengers.

One of the reasons we're doing FTTF is because we're hoping this way, they don't lose our luggage.:eek: On our Fascination cruise back in June, we had forgotten to staple our tags/paperwork to our luggage, so they did it for us when we got to the pier for embarkation. MY suitcase arrived within an hour or so of boarding. My husband's got lost...they had no idea where it was and he found it, about 3 hrs later, sitting out in a hallway with a bunch of other luggage that didn't have tags either. Apparently,the tag THEY stapled on fell off.