Which would you choose?

Yes it is a 3 hour drive but I avoid Miami at all cost. My son went to UCF in Orlando so the drive is that bad. Quick shot up I 95 to the 528 and we are there.:rolleyes:

Same way I feel, and I don't even live there! Plus Enchantment has more to offer than Majesty.

Ok maybe I have just lived here too long but I think from airport to port canaveral is a breeze. There are many shuttles, busses, private drivers, or rental cars that can get you back and forth without any problems. Not a problem at all. I would avoid Miami like the plague. Lol. And it is only about a 35-40 min drive to the airport. I do it all the time.

We have cruised out of both Miami and PC. When we did Miami we flew Jet Blue into FFl then took a limo Miami. Fort Lauderdale is such a nice airport to fly into/out of. Limo was about 70 bucks but there was 4 of us so not too bad.

When we cruised out of PC we flew into Orlando. Had to take a train to get luggage but it really was no problem. Took a shuttle to Coco Beach to the hotel. Ride is about 45 minutes. Cost was 40 bucks each, return.

Coco Beach/Port Canaveral area is quite a nice place to spend some time in either before or after your cruise. The beach is walking distance from a lot of hotels

Thanks everyone! I do believe the Enchanment at PC has won in this decision.

I didn't know we were comparing Enchantment and Majesty. I thought we were comparing Miami and Port Canaveral. According to the original post, all other factors were similar or irrelevant. Maybe not.

I didn't know we were comparing Enchantment and Majesty. I thought we were comparing Miami and Port Canaveral. According to the original post, all other factors were similar or irrelevant. Maybe not.

Ah yes, originally I was. But the more I read and the more research I did, the more I was swayed by other factors. :)

I haven't checked into airfare yet, but for some reason I am thinking the drive from Orlando to PC is a P.I.A.

That may be the biggest reason I have yet to return to Freedom. She was in Miami when we cruised on her. A friend just did Enchantment and didn't mind the shuttle ride. But if my next booking is on a Freedom class again, I could just go back to Port Everglades. Well I have till next May to decide.

This is interesting. Some think PC is a pain, others think it's a breeze. Oh no!! :).

I noticed that too. I guess there are other variables. Port Everglades gets rave reviews for the Oasis/Allure Terminal, and lots of bad stories about the other terminal they use.

Ah yes, originally I was. But the more I read and the more research I did, the more I was swayed by other factors. :)

On the other hand, as soon as I posted that, I realized that someone more knowledgeable than I already knew what ships were involved! I think you made the right choice (Enchantment) regardless of the port!

We make it a practice to never travel more than 2-3 hrs to port the day of. (That was GS, ALa to NO LA easy drive.) However, with air travel you have ZERO control of anything. We never fly in same day. I'd fly out if I had to (won't miss cruise then) but what a stressful way to start the trip! And who wants to get up a 4 am the day of their vacation?

Not for me!

Just IMO!

I think I could do the drive there, but I'm afraid coming home would feel like an eternity. :eek:

We do two days down, extra days in Port Canaveral, and two days back. Stayed a the Radisson in the port last time. Leave your car there and shuttle to port. Coming back we were in our car by 10:30 am. ;)

We parked at the Radisson twice! Had great experiences both times.

We also have a 13-14 hr drive, and we did that leg FOUR TIMES this yr?!

But it was SO WORTH IT!

I like NO LA and Mobile the best, with PC coming in VERY high for having WDW & Seaworld etc right there- but not as convenient to drive, but I still love it!

[quote name='TwinPrincessMermaids']We parked at the Radisson twice! Had great experiences both times.

We also have a 13-14 hr drive, and we did that leg FOUR TIMES this yr?!

But it was SO WORTH IT!

I like NO LA and Mobile the best, with PC coming in VERY high for having WDW & Seaworld etc right there- but not as convenient to drive, but I still love it![/quote]
Wow, that's a lot of driving. :)

Archived