Can someone be honest?

MamaMicki

We've only been on one cruise, so perhaps my opinion doesn't matter as much. We were pleasantly surprised at how polite, friendly, and well-behaved our fellow passengers were on the Triumph. We'd heard about Carnival's reputation as a party boat - but not once did we see people out of control or inappropriate. No sloppy drunks or people passed out anywhere, nor much crude language (I was appalled that my husband used the "s" word at the dinner table).

A "rough" crowd? OK, if "rough" means mainly middle-class couples and families, with a good number of elderly folks. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello all,

I just read a review about the Glory and it really made me nervous. In the past CCL has had a reputation for being the party ships with a somewhat "rougher" crowd........... I just want to be sure that this will be a great time for my family. Thanks for your time. Take Care!!

MamaMicki I understand your concerns but they are unfounded. I don't know what Carnival was like 20 years ago but today you will find people of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. You'll find families, singles, young professionals, older professionals.. everybody. The one thing everyone has in common is an interest in having a good time.

I don't know what you mean by a "rougher" crowd. My wife and I are in our mid 40's, attend church regularly, and are the parents to two children in college. We love Carnival. We drink in moderation and spend less than $100 gambling on a typical cruise. I'm guessing we are pretty typical.

Sure I've seen people who got a little "overserved" on Carnival ships but never the hallways full of passed out drunks that some people love to write about. The only cruise I've been on where I saw a lot of wild drunken behavior was flying the Royal Caribbean flag, so go figure.

I think you and your family will have a great time.

subscribed.gifMarch 26,2006 Miracle

The above is a link to the roll call thread for our Miracle cruise in March of '06. Click on the link and scroll down to post #11. Indyjones was on the Miracle in Jan. and that's what he had to say about it. He also has a review posted in the member reviews section at Cruise Critic. Read it if you haven't already. I thought you might find these interesting since he sailed on the Miracle during the same time of year you will be on her.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I only get to cruise about once a year ,if I am lucky, and it is the one thing that keeps me going. I am not really worried about drunk people, it is the obnoxious rude people that bother me. I like to drink, dance, and be merry. But rude people really get under my skin. When I said "rough", I guess I meant more rude than anything. Kids and adults. I am after a crowd that is friendly and easy going. Again thanks for everything!! Take Care!!

P.S. I feel much better and am even more excited about our cruise. :D

Hello all,

I am just writing a post to see if someone can give me an honest answer about CCL in general. I just read a review about the Glory and it really made me nervous. In the past CCL has had a reputation for being the party ships with a somewhat "rougher" crowd. I have been on RCCL, Princess, and HAL. We have been on each line several times. Each line has it's own feel. This will be our first Carnival Cruise. We will be going on the Miracle in Jan. We will be getting 2 cabins and spending the most we have ever spent on a cruise. We have 2 small kids.

My concern is, how are the passenger's really that cruise with Carnival? The review I read made it sound like a ship with a bunch of people that I really wouldn't want to spend a lot of time with.:eek: I am just looking for someone to tell it like it is. I have been up on these boards for months, basically everyday reading and getting excited about this cruise.

I also want to say, that the people on this Carnival board are wonderful. I just want to make sure that the majority of the people on the cruise ship are like you. I just want to be sure that this will be a great time for my family. Thanks for your time. Take Care!!

I have been on five CCL cruises I have always had a fantastic time... I have met incredible people and have never seen anyone being rowdy or so drunk they dont know where their cabin is...

You'll have a great time. Especially your kids, CCL has the best kids program of all the cruise lines...

You will be fine...! :D

I have cruised three times on NCL but last summer we decided to try Carnival out of New York on the Miracle. We chose Carnival because of the convenience of sailing from a port we did not have to fly from because we are from Boston. I had the same image of Carnival that a lot of people had. I went with an open mind. We cruised with 3 kids, 11, 10 and 3. I was so pleasantly surprised! Carnival was wonderful...food was great...ship was beautiful...service was better than I had experienced before. Tons of things for kids to do..My only complaint was large packs of teens that at times got a little out of hand. I think this would be the same on most ships during school vacation!

I was so impressed with Carnival that we are going on the Triumph 8/13 to Canada. I loved everything about it. Looking into the future Carnival would be my first choice for a cruise. I found everything perfect and the Carnival passengers to be a friendly fun loving crowd.

Have fun!!:)

Mama - I think you'll find on a Carnival ship just about what you've found here on the Carnival board. Fun-loving, happy folks just glad to be on the ocean. Like several of the above posters, I've never seen anybody roarin' drunk. Ooops, yes I have. ONE guy, and his friends were carrying him back to the cabin. Just a few too many, I guess. As far as rude - hasn't happened to me, except for some rowdy little kids hogging the elvators and pushing all the buttons.

Those little things are to be expected everywhere, like it or not. I've met some wonderful folks on my cruises, and that outweighs the petty annoyances.

Book it! You'll love Carnival!:)

Thanks for all the great feedback. I only get to cruise about once a year ,if I am lucky, and it is the one thing that keeps me going. I am not really worried about drunk people, it is the obnoxious rude people that bother me. I like to drink, dance, and be merry. But rude people really get under my skin. When I said "rough", I guess I meant more rude than anything. Kids and adults. I am after a crowd that is friendly and easy going. Again thanks for everything!! Take Care!!

P.S. I feel much better and am even more excited about our cruise. :D

Now looking for rude people.. well as far as I'm concerned YOU WILL FIND RUDE PEOPLE ON EVERY SHIP>>>>NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOUR PAID FOR YOUR TRIP NO MATTER WHAT LINE. There will always be rude people..Such is life..

No way to ever access how many..LOL..

We just got off of the Valor and it was our first cruise. Everyone we met or ran into on the ship were polite and very very well behaved during the day. The people were down to earth and very friendly. We saw more "drunks" in the O2 lounge than anywhere else.

It was only at 1:30-2:00 AM in the morning while we were trying to sleep that we experienced the "rowdy" group. 3 nights out of 7 we were kept up by the few drunks who were having problems in the hallway. I think it depends upon your location and who you end up rooming next to. We were on the upper deck which is just above the lounges, so we heard the loud music nightly and experienced the few drunks who couldn't handle their alcohol. Pick your location carefully!!!!!!

Party boat? Wild Boat? No way - geared towards those who like the nightlife (gambling, dancing, karaoke) - yes. Besides you can't afford to get drunk on a Carnival Cruise! It's when you get that final "sign and sail" that you look for a drink!

I don't think you should confuse the "Fun Ships" with "Party Ships".

The image of falling down drunks is just not reality on Carnival.

By and large you will be among people who work hard for their money and are on vacation to have a good time...not spend it in an alcohol-induced coma!

My wife and I are in our 40's (oops...sorry...the wife is 29) and our kids are 17, 12 & 9. We keep coming back to Carnival because of the incredibly good time we have.

The experience is top-notch; as is the staff and fellow passengers.

Have a great time!

You're on the Carnival Cruise Board . . . did you really think that anyone that had a bad time on their CCL cruise would still be posting here? If you want any negatives . . . I would suggest you post on one of the other boards and ask this question. I'm sure you'll find a lot of negative posts . . . most of which will be from people that have never been on a Carvival Cruise and have only heard . . . though probably a decade old . . . rumors.

I'm a fifty-eight year old divorced attorney who has been on several cruises . . . and am not dedicated to any cruise line. But . . . having said that . . . I am booked on my second Carnival cruise for next April. It's a first for me . . . first time I have ever booked a cruise line for the cruise line over destination and price.

My experience on Triumph (April 30 to May 7, 2005) was . . . to say the least, one of the best cruises I have ever been on. The staff was fantastic, the ship beautiful (not the neon nightmare I feared) and the people I met on board were some of the nicest, most down to earth and friendly people I have ever met on a cruise.

You will have a wonderful time . . . as a matter of fact, as oppose to the reputation for being a "party ship" (though I'm sure some do but no more so than on any other cruise line) . . . what I found is that Carnival gives Disney a lot of competition . . . it was more geared to families than to singles.

Didn't mean to come on "strong" and having read my first paragraph . . . it sounds like I did. Sorry about that! :( Just wanted you to know that Carvival is not what it once was . . . that "party ship for college kids." It's a great cruise line and you and your family will have a fantastic time. :)

I've been on 2 Carnival cruises. The first was a 3-night in 1999 on the Fantasy, the second last month on the Miracle. I think the difference in them was the length. The 3-night definitely had more party people having "fun". But then, I've been on a RCCL 4-night that had just as many (if not more!) "fun" people. And I've been to some fancy resorts where I had to call the security every night because of the noise in the hallway/next door, etc.

My Miracle cruise was awesome. My hubby and I are mid-40's, gamble a little, drink a little, nothing to excess. We had a great time. Staff was awesome, ship beautiful, weather great, food very good. It made my DH a confirmed cruiser (this was his first).

I was a confirmed RCCL cruiser who had seen the luster falling off their crown a bit on my last cruise. I tried Carnival because the price was right and it was easy to get to from my hometown. It really changed my mind about Carnival.

No cruise is ever perfect. A cruise is what you make of it. If you go into it with an open mind, you will find lots to love!

Have a great cruise!

June

first off...out of my cruises, the one with the falling down drunks was the norwegian majesty...but it was spring break and the college kids were all trying to out do each other...out drink, out yell, etc. :(

secondly...i did have one person on my alaskan cruise that i would've loved to toss overboard........but it was my sister's husband and i wasn't alone in that plan...all my family members on that cruise were standing in line trying to catch him at the railing without witnesses. :rolleyes: oh well, i had my chance. :D

anyway...it's been carnival all the way for me ever since the second one and i've never even thought about switching cruiselines...you know what they say--'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' ;)

Archived