Question re bringing soda on board.

karensi

Hi, Leaving on the Breakaway 7/21 :D

Anyway, I know there is a charge for bringing wine on board but just wondering about bringing soda on board. I know there's no charge to bring the soda on board but just wondering if I still have to show it (the soda) before boarding, therefore putting it in my carry on, or can I pack it in my luggage that I am going to check in at the pier?

Thanks so much,

Karen :)

Hi, Leaving on the Breakaway 7/21 :D

Anyway, I know there is a charge for bringing wine on board but just wondering about bringing soda on board. I know there's no charge to bring the soda on board but just wondering if I still have to show it (the soda) before boarding, therefore putting it in my carry on, or can I pack it in my luggage that I am going to check in at the pier?

Thanks so much,

You may get more answers to your question on the main NCL thread.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but you need to carry on the soda, not put in your checked luggage.

:)

It can go in your checked luggage. I have a duffel bag to put in water, coke, and sprite.

So if I check the soda in, that is put it in my checked in bag, I wont get called to the "naughty room" for bringing a liquid on board?

Thanks, it would just be so much easier for me to check it in my suitcase and be done with it.

So if I check the soda in, that is put it in my checked in bag, I wont get called to the "naughty room" for bringing a liquid on board?

Thanks, it would just be so much easier for me to check it in my suitcase and be done with it.

In theory you shouldn't. I've checked water/pop on all three of my NCL cruises and have never been sent to the naughty room. I also put all of it in a duffel bag with nothing else in it but the liquids. I'm afraid of a pop explosion in my luggage and there goes all my clean clothes!

Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do! :)

Hypothetically, what happens to cruisers caught bringing bottles filled with alcohol? Do they just confiscate it, or do they kick you off the cruise? I know they confiscate regular bottles and give them back to you after the trip.

Hypothetically, what happens to cruisers caught bringing bottles filled with alcohol? Do they just confiscate it, or do they kick you off the cruise? I know they confiscate regular bottles and give them back to you after the trip.

On the Breakaway, they make you walk the plank without a tether :p

In theory breaching the Guest ticket contract could be enough to not to let one (or their party) board the ship.

--clip--

The Guest agrees to abide by the rules of the Carrier, including, but not limited to, the rules and regulations particularly set forth below, and to follow the lawful instructions of the vessel's officers and crew, at all times.
The Guest accepts that failure to do so constitutes a material breach of this Contract which may subject the Guest, as well as any accompanying Guest(s), to involuntary disembarkation without liability whatsoever to the Carrier for any refund or any other related loss or expense
to the Guest, and any accompanying Guest(s)

--clip--

In real world non-sealed bottles are usually confiscated and destroyed.

If the regular bottle is opened, or if the booze is in another container, they throw it away. They only hold unopened regular bottles. In either case they reserve the right to kick you off, but I've not heard of that happening

edit: whoops, didn't see the previous similar answer

If the regular bottle is opened, or if the booze is in another container, they throw it away. They only hold unopened regular bottles. In either case they reserve the right to kick you off, but I've not heard of that happening

Holding hidden unopened bottles and holding unopened bottles which are presented to the crew are two completely different things, latter is just fine and not in anyway grounds for kicking anybody off the ship. ;)

If you put it inside a checked bag, you may well get called to the "naughty room" because they won't be able to tell what kind of liquids you have brought on board. (E.g., cans of soda or cans of beer.)

But I agree that carrying the stuff on is too much. What we've done is take the cases of soda (a couple of 12-packs of cans, for example), duct taped them together, used a magic marker to write our cabin number on the sides, slapped on a luggage tag with that info as well, and then checked that along with our checked bags. It's clear from the unopened cases what's inside. On the couple of occasions when we've done that, we've never been called to the "naughty room," and the soda has shown up at our cabin with our checked bags.

I've read a few reports on here by folks that their soda never showed up (and perhaps was taken when it was left outside their cabin), but that seems pretty rare.

On the Sun in February, my sister had a 12 pack of coke and they wouldn't let her put a luggage tag on it and have it delivered with luggage. She had to carry it on.

Funny story... On our cruise on the Epic my husband had to carry 4 packs of Evian water, plus I love Barq root beer and crush, and sprite, it was soooo much!!! he was soo mad, cuz we had to carry it all on up to our room. He wa ssweating Bullets!! well all of us were. At the end of the cruise, we had more than half left. We gave it to the crew. but I wonder if that has changed???? can't a luggage tag be put on it?... it was nice, having your own drinks fresh in the can verses out of a tap like with the soda card, but the hassle???:eek: . We have never did that again. :cool: but i did like having my Evian water on board!!:D

Archived