Anybody stayed on the 7th deck of Brilliance of the Seas

On the 7th floor of Brilliance of the Seas the description says it has a 25% obstructed view. I called and asked and was told that it was the tracks for the window washing equipment. Has anybody stayed in these room that could tell me how bothersome it is and also when the window washing machine is working is it loud etc. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by vtwgalmm
I wasn't finished

There is another thread that started with questions about cabin 7160 on Jewel [essentially the same as Brilliance] and also included information on other areas. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1877661

Take a look at that and see if it helps. If you have a specific cabin or area of deck 7 in mind, perhaps we could be more helpful.

The information you gave me was very helpful. I had looked for a long time this morning trying to find something on the Brilliance of the Seas and rooms but to no avail. The thread you gave me helps a lot. We have booked a b2b and were not able to get the same room for both cruises so we know we'll probably be changing rooms from what we have now - at least that's what the TA tells us. She thinks there will be a lot of switching, cancelling etc before the cruise in April. We're traveling with friends and the rooms we have now are 7050, 7138, 7548 and 7570. Thanks for your help.

Do not worry about the window washing equip.....it's above your head. It's a platform and ladder...both are see-thru. You will notice it, but it really doesn't "obstruct" anything.

On port days, the crew is washing the outside of the ship....so the ladder and platform move. As with ANY balcony...don't open your curtains in the nude, until you've made sure no workers are out there!

Glad it was helpful. I haven't checked the deck plan to see where all of the cabins you listed are, but by comparing the deck plans with the pictures on the other thread you should be able get an idea of what is outside those cabins. I think the 7500s are on the starboard side and I don't have a real good piture of that side. But as far as what is outside the cabin, you should be able to get an idea by comparing the similar cabin on the port side.

Good info here. Hope someone can help with 7034 on the Brilliance, I know about some noise from Deck 6, but my question "does this cabin along with 7014 thru 7044 have larger balconies". I've tried searching, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Good info here. Hope someone can help with 7034 on the Brilliance, I know about some noise from Deck 6, but my question "does this cabin along with 7014 thru 7044 have larger balconies". I've tried searching, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

I have stayed in a deck 7 balcony on Radiance and the balconies you specified are, indeed, larger than a normal balcony. It was about twice as deep and had room for two loungers and two chaires. The only thing some people don't like is that the dividers that seperate your next door neighbors do not go all the way to the rail. There is about 2 feet or so where it is just a waist-high rail that seperates you from your neighbors. So, it is easy for someone to peer around the partition and see inside your cabin. However, that did not bother me at all and I really appreciated having the extra balcony space.

Thanks so much for the information. Hearing that the window washing equipment wasn't a real eye sore and that they didn't run them around 3am sounding like a lawn mower was music to my ears. Although now I'm a little concerned about the noise from downstairs:). It will all work out and I can take a pair of ear plugs. Wouldn't it be nice if their was a thread about every ship and you could read the reviews on each room by doing a search on that thread. Wish I was knowledgeable enough to know how to start that. Thanks again for the info.

I always refrain from individual cabin questions, but y'all have got me thinking with my upcoming B2B on Brilliance. We are in cabin 7652. Starboard, aft near the stairs.

The deck plan shows a wider area where the balcony is. I saw a model of the ship and it appeared that the deck below is wider than the deck above.

I would like someone who knows to tell me about that wider balcony area. Is it all usable balcony or is it just a recessed balcony?

. . . We are in cabin 7652. Starboard, aft near the stairs. . . .

The red arrow is 7670 on Radiance. [sorry I originally had it wrong]. 7652 will be almost directly under me and has an irregular shape but is one of the bogger ones you see. The background might tell you where we were that morning. [Taken from our balcony -- 8656]

7652_zpsc14bd45c.jpg

Edited by mjldvlks

I have stayed in a deck 7 balcony on Radiance and the balconies you specified are, indeed, larger than a normal balcony. It was about twice as deep and had room for two loungers and two chaires. The only thing some people don't like is that the dividers that seperate your next door neighbors do not go all the way to the rail. There is about 2 feet or so where it is just a waist-high rail that seperates you from your neighbors. So, it is easy for someone to peer around the partition and see inside your cabin. However, that did not bother me at all and I really appreciated having the extra balcony space.

Thanks. Not concerned about the open space between the balconies. Love the big balconies. Happy now.

We had cabin 7666 on the Brilliance and loved the balcony. It was obstructed as far as seeing below decks, but was larger than your standard balcony which was a positive trade off. Our cabin was almost all the way aft, quite a distance away from the elevators and stairs. Actually I remember we walked it off and it was about 100 yards.

Hi just got of Brilliance cabin 7022. Noise was not a problem for us. The balcony was larger and had new table and chairs, no loungers though.

Selswick

• 1 year later...