Good Hotel Downtown in Seattle

lilrod

We will be traveling in July 2014 on the Norwegian Jewel from Seattle. We will be there 2 days before our cruise and we would like some ideas of which good hotel in downtown in Seattle we can stay.

Thank you for all your help.

as a start go to

tripadvisor.com Seattle forum and on top right read Cruises From Seattle and Where to Stay in Seattle. That will give you lots of good info. There is also a website link for hotels that offer a pkg, but they aren't normally that good.

We are non-smokers, so we love the Mayflower Park. The location can't be beat -- it is right next door to Westlake Center, which has both a light rail station (which extends from SEATAC to Westlake Center), and a monorail station (which extends from Westlake to Seattle Center). It is minutes by foot to Pike Place Center and the Seattle Art Museum.

The Seattle Marriott Waterfront has very good reviews.

It is very close to Pike Place Market and across from Pier 66 which I believe is where NCL sails from.

I've read on this board that the hotel staff have walked their luggage across the street to the pier since it is that close.

Some of my favorites are:

Edgewater (great location, close to cruise port)

Sheraton (lovely pool on top of the hotel, great views)

Westin (decent bar, fairly central, good pool)

Really, I'd just go for any 4-star hotel in Seattle. Avoid the Space Needle area.

We are sailing on HAL Oosterdam in September and we are staying at the Warwick for a couple of days pre-cruise. Downtown and easy access to lots of activities.

Rockfan2

I have stayed at the warwick. it was very clean and the staff was wonderful. the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. the French balcony was nice to have. ask for a room that faces the needle and is a few floors up for a better view. it was very easy to get to anything we wanted to do downtown and it was only a little over a block from Westlake station when we got off the lightrail from SeaTac. I would stay there again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived