Glory New England/Canada Sept 21st any advice, suggestions?

Sydney: the best attractions in my opinion are out of the city. You can rent a car, arrange for a private tour or take a ship's tour.

Here is an older thread where I summarized the main options. There have been many threads since which you can find by using the search feature.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687976

Do the Moosehead Pub Crawl in St. John. It was one of my favorite excursions EVER!!

I have been looking at this for our cruise next year. What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it? Was there any food offered at any of the Pubs?

Since it is a walking tour is there a lot of walking between each pub? DH has no problem walking but long distances start to bother his hip.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I have been looking at this for our cruise next year. What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it? Was there any food offered at any of the Pubs?

Since it is a walking tour is there a lot of walking between each pub? DH has no problem walking but long distances start to bother his hip.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Sorry but Carnival says that they are not offering the Canada/NE trips next year.

We got really lucky on this cruise because it was nice and warm and sunny for the first three ports and first sea day. Sydney was overcast and pretty cool. The fog started Friday night along with the fog horn every couple of minutes.

I was also on this cruise, the Glory, July 21 out of Boston. Were we on the same cruise????????????

It rained leaving Boston, Portland was nice, it just poured buckets in Saint Johns, so much so we couldn't even get out of the van, ALL DAY. The next day was a sea day and we were in betted in the rain and fog for the entire day. If you saw the sun and was warm, you surely were on a different cruise. The next day in Halifax, it was again rain showers, and more fog, but it did lift when we were at Peggy's Cove. The day in Sydney was warm and humid. Our last sea day started out nice, but again, the fog rolled in about 3-4 o'clock and basically chased everyone in.

I do not believe there was ONE sunny, warm day on the entire cruise (maybe Portland).

The OP must have been so plastered that they didn't know if the sun was shinning or not. Just ask ANYONE who was on this cruise.

Cheers

Len

I was also on this cruise, the Glory, July 21 out of Boston. Were we on the same cruise????????????

It rained leaving Boston, Portland was nice, it just poured buckets in Saint Johns, so much so we couldn't even get out of the van, ALL DAY. The next day was a sea day and we were in betted in the rain and fog for the entire day. If you saw the sun and was warm, you surely were on a different cruise. The next day in Halifax, it was again rain showers, and more fog, but it did lift when we were at Peggy's Cove. The day in Sydney was warm and humid. Our last sea day started out nice, but again, the fog rolled in about 3-4 o'clock and basically chased everyone in.

I do not believe there was ONE sunny, warm day on the entire cruise (maybe Portland).

The OP must have been so plastered that they didn't know if the sun was shinning or not. Just ask ANYONE who was on this cruise.

Cheers

Len

The person who mentioned "July 21" and good weather got OFF the ship July 21, not on the ship, so maybe not so plastered. :D

Archived