Cruise in the fjords

Bracarense

Hello everyone.

Me and my wife are looking for a cruise in the fjords for next year.

We'll be taking our daughter (3 years at the cruise time).

We have made 3 cruises before and always stayed in inside cabins. This time we've decided that, the views deserve that we go on an exterior cabin with balcony, don't you agree?

Our question is what about the buying period? Should we book it as soon as we have the date decided (probably July 2014) or should we wait till next year? Our previous experiences with the inside cabins have been booked 3-4 months before departure?

Which company do you recommend for this itinerary? We've always "sailed" with Costa before.

Thank you all for your attention.

Since you sailed with Costa a few times (and I assume liked the ships), why not stick with Costa? They have 7 and 11 day sailings in July 2014. The US site is showing that the prices have been cut (but of course, who knows if they were actually the "starting from" price). Looking at this year compared to next year a balcony cabin starts at $1199 per person this year and $1849 per person next year. It looks like they do late booking discounts. So waiting might save you some money.

Celebrity have a number of cruises at that time - we have just booked a 14 night trip to Iceland and the Norwegian Fjords for July 2014. There were quite a few to choose from from May onwards. It will be our first Celebrity cruise, so I can't comment on them as a line!

We have sailed Princess and greatly enjoyed a Mediterranean cruise (with our family) on Emerald Princess, but did find the Grand Princess a little crowded indoors during a cruise to the Canary Islands last October when the weather was not so good. As it may be cooler in the Fjords make sure the ship you choose has plenty of indoor spaces to use when it's not so appealing to sit by the pool!

Another alternative i Royal Caribbean from Copenhagen - just did 7 Nights Norwegian Cruise in June - did have a balcony and the views were nice - however it might bee to cold to stay at the balcony - so only for the views.

here is a link to a

of short videos from the fjords and pots of call

We have just recently booked a cruise to the Fjords next August. Our son will be 4 by then. We booked early with Celebrity for a 10 night cruise, and we received onboard credit, reduced flights & transfers and 2 classic drinks packages free. We also booked a balcony and with booking earlier we were able to do our research and get a much larger balcony than the standard.

The cruise we have selected is the Celebrity Infinity departing on 15 August.

If you're going from Southampton, I think that RCI, P&O and Princess have good facilities for young children on their ships. Every cruise line from S'ton will be making trips to Norway in spring/summer.

Archived