Which balcony is better for Alaska, corner aft (Crown Princess C752) or regular side?

allisons

Which balcony is better for Alaska, corner aft or regular side? Particularly, will our view from our balcony be better while cruising Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier if we have a corner aft or regular side? The particular corner aft is Crown Princess C752, so it is not an aft wrap, but it does stick out from the aft giving a decent view to the side. Thanks in advance!

Allison,

Honestly - having sailed both ships and having sailed the Crown in a cooler climate area, the Crown is the worst ship for Alaska IMO. It is going to be super crowded.

I would look at the overwhelming advice to book the Coral Princess. That ship is great in Alaska. The Crown has never been to Alaska and having sailed to Alaska 10 plus times, I would never consider this ship. I think Princess made a huge mistake by putting this ship in Alaska.

I have to agree with the posts on your other thread. The Coral Princess is definitely the better choice and the Crown Princess would be my last choice for Alaska of any cruise line. Of all the ships in Alaska --- the Crown Princess is going to have the worst space ratio which is the last thing you want in a cooler climate. I would consider any other ship in Alaska except for the Crown Princess.

An aft in Alaska is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was our experience as well this summer! Now I have a conundrum. Many people are advising me that the Coral Princess is much better than the Crown Princess. But I only have the opportunity for the aft balcony on the Crown.

We had an aft on a Carnival cruise to Alaska. The 270-degree views are well worth the extra cost.

That was our experience as well this summer! Now I have a conundrum. Many people are advising me that the Coral Princess is much better than the Crown Princess. But I only have the opportunity for the aft balcony on the Crown.

Allison,

Honestly - having sailed both ships and having sailed the Crown in a cooler climate area, the Crown is the worst ship for Alaska IMO. It is going to be super crowded.

I would look at the overwhelming advice to book the Coral Princess. That ship is great in Alaska. The Crown has never been to Alaska and having sailed to Alaska 10 plus times, I would never consider this ship. I think Princess made a huge mistake by putting this ship in Alaska.

Thank you so much!

I have to agree with the posts on your other thread. The Coral Princess is definitely the better choice and the Crown Princess would be my last choice for Alaska of any cruise line. Of all the ships in Alaska --- the Crown Princess is going to have the worst space ratio which is the last thing you want in a cooler climate. I would consider any other ship in Alaska except for the Crown Princess.

Thank you so much!

I had C752 last year in the Mediteranean, great location, very quiet/uncrowded. I was recenly on the Coral in E736. For me it would be hard to turn down C752, even in Alaska.... but I guess it depends on how much time you typically spend in your stateroom. If I have prime real estate and the scenery is great, I'll spend more time in the room... also a consideration may be the distance to the buffet, on the Coral it is forward. FWIW, we also very much enjoyed E736 on the Coral and while maybe not quite 270 degrees, it was far more than the 180 or less that you get on typical side balcony.

I had C752 last year in the Mediteranean' date=' great location, very quiet/uncrowded. I was recenly on the Coral in E736. For me it would be hard to turn down C752, even in Alaska.... but I guess it depends on how much time you typically spend in your stateroom. If I have prime real estate and the scenery is great, I'll spend more time in the room... also a consideration may be the distance to the buffet, on the Coral it is forward. FWIW, we also very much enjoyed E736 on the Coral and while maybe not quite 270 degrees, it was far more than the 180 or less that you get on typical side balcony.[/quote']

Wow! Thank you so much! So Crown C752 would be so fabulous that it would outweigh this notion that the Coral is a superior ship to Alaska than the Crown? Very interesting about Coral E736, when I initally booked the Coral, I asked if that had any advantage of being a pseudo-corner aft, and the Princess PCP said no and put me in E708 instead.

So, we now booked the Island Princess to do the same cruise but on Wednesday instead of Saturday. The Island Princess is exactly the same as the Coral Princess, so I assume it is as highly recommended? We booked E736, of course. Now we just have to decide which cruise to do, but we can sit on both reservations a while.

Archived