Luggage Valet and Airline fee

I'm planning on using the Luggage Valet service when I get off Oasis. I am flying JetBlue, which usually has a fee for the bag. However, since I have a premium seat, the fee is waived. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is RCI going to automatically charge me the fee anyway?

I'm planning on using the Luggage Valet service when I get off Oasis. I am flying JetBlue, which usually has a fee for the bag. However, since I have a premium seat, the fee is waived. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is RCI going to automatically charge me the fee anyway?

You will have to enter your Record Locator number on the form that you fill out. Everything that you should or should not receive from the airline is linked to that number.

1st bag flies free on jet blue just did the valet service with my family of 4 and 7 very large suitcases they charge your additional bags and overweight fees to your room. I LOVED the service!!!!!!

Thank you for posting this. I was considering the luggage valet, but we always, always, always have one suitcase that ends up being 2-3 pounds over, so we have to do a little shuffling at the ticket counter. I guess I never considered what would happen if we were over. Now I know! We will have to stick to the regular way of doing it. :)

What is a Record Locator Number and where do you find it? I do not see anything like that on my Delta confirmation. Thank You!

The record locator is another name for your flight confirmation number. It should be a 6 character combination of letters and numbers.

Thank you for posting this. I was considering the luggage valet, but we always, always, always have one suitcase that ends up being 2-3 pounds over, so we have to do a little shuffling at the ticket counter. I guess I never considered what would happen if we were over. Now I know! We will have to stick to the regular way of doing it. :)

Bring a luggage scale with or take them to the gym to weighed before you set them out for the night...then you know your bags will meet the weight. :)

Kari

We've done the luggage valet service a few times (on Oasis/Allure and at Disney World). Please be sure to check your boarding passes before you get in the security line. Twice our passes have just been printed just in DH's name and nothing for me. Of course, we didn't realize this until we got to the agent checking IDs before getting into security. So...we had to go back to the ticket counter and get me my boarding pass. Now we make sure to look at the boarding passes.

Other than that confusion, we've loved the service!

We've done the luggage valet service a few times (on Oasis/Allure and at Disney World). Please be sure to check your boarding passes before you get in the security line. Twice our passes have just been printed just in DH's name and nothing for me. Of course, we didn't realize this until we got to the agent checking IDs before getting into security. So...we had to go back to the ticket counter and get me my boarding pass. Now we make sure to look at the boarding passes.

Other than that confusion, we've loved the service!

Were you charged $20pp or just $20 for one person with 2 pieces of luggage?

We were charged $20 per person. We usually check three bags, but I'm afraid I can't remember how we paid for that one bag. Maybe it went on our sea pass? We flew JetBlue and had to pay for only one bag. When we go to Disney World we usually have just one bag each, so no fee there. I know one of our daughters had to pay upfront directly with the airline for her bag at Disney. She did it by phone. I just know we'd definitely use the service again.

I been using the valet service for many years its very,its $20 per person plus luagge fee,i never got charge for over weight and trust me my bags where about 80 pounds,i use the valet last year on the allure and didn't get charge for over weight.

Archived