A review of my first ever Carnival cruise!

oops....didn't see the post about sulfa and sulfur not being related, so that is good news.

On a doggy note....the best butt wiggler is my daughter's boxer who often is confused as being a pit bull :confused:

Thanks for your great review. One question: did you find the tables too close together in the your time dining area? How was the service there?

Sulfa allergies are common,[2] hence medications containing sulfonamides are prescribed carefully. It is important to make a distinction between sulfa drugs and other sulfur-containing drugs and additives, such as sulfates and sulfites, which are chemically unrelated to the sulfonamide group, and do not cause the same hypersensitivity reactions seen in the sulfonamides.

You were in absolutely no danger from the sulfur you smelled in the water

Sulfa and Sulfur only sound alike

Im not a doctor or have any scientific background but i did get swollen from being in the water and when i was in HS and they passed around the yellow stincky sulfuric rock to learn about it i ha to wear gloves and a mask.

While i may not have been in serious danger from being in the water i definitley had a reaction.

I promise you i wouldnt lie about that!

But thanks for posting this information. At 27 i have always avoided anything sulfuric smelling, sulfa medicine, and sulfuric products, all under the careful eye of a doctor.

Maybe now there is hope that if i ever go to hawaii i dont have to wear a mask if i go to the volcanoes. :)

Or maybe im just sensitive to it all.

Next time i go for a check up ill have the Dr. Double check my allergy!

I never knew they were different i just thought sulfa was sulphur.

Also i was told not to drink wine cause of the sulfites which if i choose to even have a sip i get a slamming headache.

Thanks again ill double check with my Dr. :)

I know this will show at the end so I let you know I have enjoyed the review so far. Not sailing this ship but love the new perspective!

Loved the review, you mentioned that you would critic the island tour operator you used? What were the pro's and con's?

Wowww good for him! We were going to move to Miami but i learned about the BSL laws there and said no way!

They just tried to overturn BSL and sadly it didnt go through :(

Pits can be good dogs if bred and trained, like any dog. I guess Miami may have an over abundance of owners who don't care for and about their dogs. Maybe???

Sorry for the delay in following up. I have had a busy week!

I was not anticipating to be called so quickly so we didn’t actually walk off until 15 minutes after our floor was called. I think you can leave anytime after you are called.

Tips:

· Bring pitchers with you…Where was this??

· The laundry was $3.00 to wash and $3.00 to dry If I do multiple loads I switch out what is dried so the heavy stuff has more room to dry. On formal nights I try to get to the laundry room early so I don't have to wait in line. I usually bring detergent and dryer sheets with me.

· Also bring cups with you. The buffet had the teeny tiny cups and I wished I had brought my own This is a good idea

· Check your bill, This is always a good idea!

Don’t always go by the menu on the television in your room because it doesn’t always match what is being served in the dining room. The correct menu is often posted outside the dining room after breakfast. I usually swing by to check it out and see if it jives with what is on the TV

Any questions?

thanks for your time and review. I hope your puppies where happy to see you!

oops....didn't see the post about sulfa and sulfur not being related, so that is good news.

On a doggy note....the best butt wiggler is my daughter's boxer who often is confused as being a pit bull :confused:

Thanks for your great review. One question: did you find the tables too close together in the your time dining area? How was the service there?

They were a little close but we never felt cramped and the service i thought was faster than the traditional dining. The waiters never forgot anything....But i just think it was the bad table that soured the experiance with the traditional dining.

thanks for your time and review. I hope your puppies where happy to see you!

The pitcher issue was at the blue iguana bar. It was slightly annoying but now i know for next time to bring my own :)

I believe BSL come into play in areas that have alot of criminal activity because most people associate pits, dobermans, rotties with criminal activity :( i know in NY these dogs are banned in public housing buildings. Its a bad stereotype but i understand the theory behind it sort of...i cant stand stereotyping LOL

Oh well ill just have to move to another area of the beach :D LOL i wish!

Loved the review, you mentioned that you would critic the island tour operator you used? What were the pro's and con's?

I can tell you, while i continue organizing my thoughts, that we wouldnt use them again because, to us and this is only my opinion, they werent straight forward.

In belize we knew we were taking a boat to an island but it never said a speed boat, we were also told that if we missed our boat we could take the next one. However that is not true. We had to wait for them to gather 15ppl and if they didnt we were out of our deposit money and couldnt go. So that was really upsetting. Luckily they did gather enough people and we enjoyed ourselves.

In roatan we were charged for my sister even though she did not come. We understood the loss of our deposit for her but we still had to pay the full ticket excursion :( they wouldnt leave us alone. They even approached my boyfriend for $$ for my sister.

Next time we will use another vendor.

To be fair i have heard good things about them so maybe this was just an issue with us so i guess just take what i say as a caution.

Archived